All PS3 Gold Box Event (Thursday June 17 at 12AM PT)

vipes209

CAGiversary!
I saw this ads by the PS3 section. Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox
Goldbox: Battlefield Bad Company 2 at $39.98 as Deal of the Day
1st PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: Borderlands $26.99
2nd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: PDP Afterglow Controller $14.99
3rd PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: GTA Episodes from Liberty City $26.99
4th PS3 Goldbox Lightning Deal: Intec Charge Base 2 $19.99
AllPS3_GB_June2010._V191104930_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cagfansub']Hopefully FF13 will be there![/QUOTE]

Too bad you missed the lightning deal last week. Amazon had it for $36.99

Not wanting to be the party pooper, but....

I expect another failed Gold Box Event chock-full of PS3 shovelware. There may be one (two at most) decent buys...but nothing great. If it does turn out to be good, then I'll gladly drink 12 consecutive beers...but I expect nothing, at which point I will still drink 12 consecutive beers as I have to go to the DMV on this day as well. ;)

it would be nice to see uncharted 2, ff 13, and star ocean to name a few on that sale i love those games :)

[quote name='vipes209']lol, how low can Tekken 6 go? It already $26.54. It more than half of it price.
Tekken 6[/QUOTE]

Today it's the VG DOTD so it's now 19.99

[quote name='zephyr27']3d dot game heroes and demon's souls...plz! :)[/QUOTE]

this.

But knowing Amazon and recycling deals, it would likely titles be Bioshock 2, NBA 2k10, Tekken 6, Just Cause 2, FF 13, and GTA LCS

I can't remember the last gold box where something was offered that I actually wanted.

That said, Star Ocean 4 or Heavy Rain for $30 or less and I'd probably bite on both.

god I can't believe I missed the Borderland deal when it was $27.99, please put it back up >< or match Target's price this week for BFBC2, or Dragon Age Origins price drop would also be awesome

Yes, wishful thinking ftw!!

Interested in Modnation @ 35 or less, Just Cause 2 and Uncharted 2 at 30 or less, Borderlands at 25 or less. Probably bite on Skate 3 at 30 as well, but I doubt that'll get there. Here's to some good deals, gotta keep hope alive!

[quote name='timobkg']Heh, and here I'd rather pay $50 for GoW than $30 for NGB. Different things for different people.[/QUOTE]

Good post - proves how different everyone's gaming tastes are. Just out of curiosity, why did you like GoW better than NGB?

Star Ocean 4, Katamari Forever, Final Fantasy XIII, Demons Souls in the $20-$25 range and I'll consider, but I'm not hyping myself up.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Just hopin for Batman:GOTY & Uncharted 2![/QUOTE]

Anyone looking for Uncharted 2, you can buy it right now from HMV.com for 14.99 pounds. Being blu-ray it should play over here on US PS3's if I'm not mistaken...only dlc would be affected, correct??

Total price in dollars, including shipping to these shores, turns out to be $28.80 using XE.com's current exchange rate.

Much better than today's Amazon price of $43.54!!!

If Modnation Racers is at $35 I might bite, being that I have a $10 credit to use still. Do you guys think it's worth it at this hypothetical $25?

There is a demo available so you can get a slight feel for it if you wish. I've heard good things.

I'd take Modnation for less than 40, because I still have a 20$ credit from Mario Galaxy 2. Katamari Forever for 20, too, because....I'd buy it for "free".

Got $20 credit from SMG2, so I'm hoping for something decent at the least.

Hope we don't get a 3 pack of HDMI cables for $2 or something.

[quote name='EarthKing']Uncharted 2 for $20, God of War for $20 and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for $20 please...That'll be awesome :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josh5890']Star Ocean Last International- $20
Red Dead Redemption- $30
Yakuza 3- $30
God of War 3- $30[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Duke']Interested in Modnation @ 35 or less, Just Cause 2 and Uncharted 2 at 30 or less, Borderlands at 25 or less.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gluteus']If Modnation Racers is at $35 I might bite, being that I have a $10 credit to use still. Do you guys think it's worth it at this hypothetical $25?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Uncharted 2 for $20? GOW 3 for $20? RDR or MNR under $40? Have you guys even seen Amazon PS3 gold box events lately?

I hope not otherwise delusion is running rampant around here.

My predictions:

Bioshock 2 SE: $54.99
Brutal Legend: $16.99
FIFA 2010: $29.99
3D Dot Game Heroes: $24.99
Guitar Hero 5 w/ Guitar: $59.99
Ghostbusters: $14.99
Buy DJ Hero, Get Tony Hawk RIDE FREE!

[quote name='Trace17']:rofl:

Uncharted 2 for $20? GOW 3 for $20? RDR or MNR under $40? Have you guys even seen Amazon PS3 gold box events lately?

I hope not otherwise delusion is running rampant around here.[/QUOTE]

Who knows, a person can dream right? I'm glad my quote was included in that, the only price that was a stretch was MNR and that was by $5.....total delusion! It's nearly a traveshamockery!

[quote name='Duke']Who knows, a person can dream right? I'm glad my quote was included in that, the only price that was a stretch was MNR and that was by $5.....total delusion! It's nearly a traveshamockery![/QUOTE]

Every time they do one of these people dream about flaghship titles for under $30 :roll:

And every time it has a couple decent discounts, some shovelware, and an accessory. If this time is different, I'll eat crow but I highly doubt it. Not a snowball's chance in hell MNR shows up for $35 or Uncharted 2 for $20.

[quote name='Trace17']Every time they do one of these people dream about flaghship titles for under $30 :roll:

And every time it has a couple decent discounts, some shovelware, and an accessory. If this time is different, I'll eat crow but I highly doubt it. Not a snowball's chance in hell MNR shows up for $35 or Uncharted 2 for $20.[/QUOTE]

But... But crows are self aware! I'm just hoping to see something under 25 bucks.

It's a hot seller so I'm not optimistic, but Modnation for $39.99 is my hope. So, the deal of the day is up at midnight, but the lightning deals don't begin until thurs morning around 8AM right? FFXIII has been featured a few times at good prices, so that's probably out, same with Just Cause 2, Batman, and Bioshock 2. I just hope we don't get some shitty sports games or blu-ray remotes. I hope Yakuza 3 makes it because more people need to buy that game. Heavy Rain might show up, I've never seen that one below MSRP.

[quote name='Trace17']Every time they do one of these people dream about flaghship titles for under $30 :roll:

And every time it has a couple decent discounts, some shovelware, and an accessory. If this time is different, I'll eat crow but I highly doubt it. Not a snowball's chance in hell MNR shows up for $35 or Uncharted 2 for $20.[/QUOTE]

The worst part about these pipe dreams posted in this thread is that it's the same people who come into the Goldbox thread and whine about they're being "crappy" deals and Amazon sucks forever.

I'm guessing that the Controller/Greatest Hits combos will be the deal of the day.

...Hopefully Star Ocean: The Last Hope International and 3D Dot Heroes is part of it, but I kind of doubt it.

[quote name='royce321']it would be nice if the OP just posted the link already :([/QUOTE]

No kidding. And while you're at it OP, link me to google will ya?

bread's done
Back