All Seasons of The Pretender for $5.99 at Best Buy

liono55

CAGiversary!
So since the $10 off Best Buy coupon dosen't expire till the 31st I decided to use it some more. I got all 4 seasons of the Pretender and the movie for $5.99 each before tax. I think with tax they came to like $6.20.

This was much harder than the Buffy, Angel and Dark Angel's they had last week. Those all ran up automatically but this time it did not. The coupon scanned but said 0.00 off. I had to have a manager actually type in $10 off. I went to 4 Best Buys and they would not honor it. I guess this was because last week they actually scanned and took the price off but this time it did not.

I found the issue to be Best Buy does not list them as Fox; or have them in thier Fox section. It's listed in Action. So I had to show them the side that said 20th century fox.

The first store flat out said no! The 2nd store said we recieved an email from Fox and they said they would only accept the original. The 3rd store said I can only honor 1 coupon because it says one per household. The 4th store just opened last week and I just talked to the cashier so she wouldn't pay to much attention to it but she still needed an override. The manager tried to say the coupon couldn't work since it's on sale for $14.99 already and you can only have one or the other. By now I've had it and I said I went to the other Best Buy and they gave me only 1 because they were sold out of the other seasons. Otherwise I would have gotten it. He finally gave up and gave it to me for $5.99 each.

So it can be done, you just have to work a little harder. Good luck!

It's a pretty good show, but if you have to go through all that trouble to get them that cheap I wouldn't say it's worth it. I bought the the first three seasons at the $15 price a while back, and liked them enough to buy S4 and the Movies the day they came out.

It's not the best show ever, but I still think it's worth getting on sale even if you can't get them for $5 cheap. The show is pretty repetitive (aside from the season finales and the movies, most episodes are pretty episodic in nature), so don't expect a gripping plot for the most part. But it does have some fun, memorable characters, and when it does get to the plot, it's pretty good, so it's definitely worth watching at some point even if you don't want to own it.

Oh well that stinks! I have honestly never seen it but I have all the CSI's, Alias, Medium, 24, Millenium etc. I figured it would go along with the same theme and be just as exciting as the others.

Fairly good show. Not worth that much trouble. Once the cashier calls someone over when using this coupon it's pretty much over. I've had pretty good luck with the coupon at the BB's that have the checkouts set up so that you can choose your cashier; but the ones that funnel you to the next available cashier are huge ymmv.

i tried the coupon today , no dice, still got all 4 sets , and dark angel ( it did work on these 5.99 ech) , i also picked up the crow set.

[quote name='liono55']Oh well that stinks! I have honestly never seen it but I have all the CSI's, Alias, Medium, 24, Millenium etc. I figured it would go along with the same theme and be just as exciting as the others.[/quote]

Yeah, it's definitely nowhere near as good as most of the shows (I've never seen Medium or Millenium, but I know for sure it's not as good as the others). It is somewhat good when the plot really picks up (not really until about late S3), but it takes so long to get there that if you get bored by the episodic nature you may never get to see it. Most of the shows you mentioned grab you pretty much instantly, but this one definitely takes a slower buildup to get good.

[quote name='RoGo7']How did you get the Pretender movie for $5.99? My original price for the movie is $19.99.[/quote]

Well the sale price in this weeks ad was for 15.99. The coupon was for $10 off so that made it the 5.99. They gave me lots of excuses on why I could not have it but I kept trying other stores. I do know that our Best Buy's didn't consider it a Fox series and it was not in the Fox section. When I asked the store rep where it was he said they just considered it action.

That's why when the coupon rang up it wouldn't work because they said it's not listed as Fox in thier system. I had to actually show them the 20th century fox on the box.

Now the movie that's another story. lol I kind of thought it was all Pretenders on sale. So I brought the movie up there to. When it scanned it was $19.99. I told the girl it was wrong all Pretenders were on sale. I showed her the ad. She then just manually changed the price to 15.99 and I used the coupon and got $10 additional off also! \\:D/

[quote name='Rockgamer']Yeah, it's definitely nowhere near as good as most of the shows (I've never seen Medium or Millenium, but I know for sure it's not as good as the others). It is somewhat good when the plot really picks up (not really until about late S3), but it takes so long to get there that if you get bored by the episodic nature you may never get to see it. Most of the shows you mentioned grab you pretty much instantly, but this one definitely takes a slower buildup to get good.[/quote]

Medium and Millenium are both good shows! You should check them out sometime. Now for the Pretender I guess they will just be sitting for awhile then. I'll open them for an emergency basis only! Thanks for the info.

I never caught Medium when it first came on, so I probably won't wind up seeing it until the DVDs go on sale one day (that's the way I watch a lot of new shows (new to me anyway) these days). It definitely seems interesting, though.

As for Millenium, that first came on way before I ever took TV seriously (therefore it didn't appeal to me back then), so I never watched it on TV. And as for getting it on DVD, I've been somewhat hesitant because I heard it was somewhat related to The X-Files, and I'm a stickler for watching things in order (so I wouldn't watch it until I've seen The X-Files up to the point where Millenium starts; think of it kinda like Buffy/Angel if you've seen those shows). So I'll definitely watch it one day, I just don't know when.

[quote name='liono55']So since the $10 off Best Buy coupon dosen't expire till the 31st I decided to use it some more. I got all 4 seasons of the Pretender and the movie for $5.99 each before tax. I think with tax they came to like $6.20.

This was much harder than the Buffy, Angel and Dark Angel's they had last week. Those all ran up automatically but this time it did not. The coupon scanned but said 0.00 off. I had to have a manager actually type in $10 off. I went to 4 Best Buys and they would not honor it. I guess this was because last week they actually scanned and took the price off but this time it did not.

I found the issue to be Best Buy does not list them as Fox; or have them in thier Fox section. It's listed in Action. So I had to show them the side that said 20th century fox.

The first store flat out said no! The 2nd store said we recieved an email from Fox and they said they would only accept the original. The 3rd store said I can only honor 1 coupon because it says one per household. The 4th store just opened last week and I just talked to the cashier so she wouldn't pay to much attention to it but she still needed an override. The manager tried to say the coupon couldn't work since it's on sale for $14.99 already and you can only have one or the other. By now I've had it and I said I went to the other Best Buy and they gave me only 1 because they were sold out of the other seasons. Otherwise I would have gotten it. He finally gave up and gave it to me for $5.99 each.

So it can be done, you just have to work a little harder. Good luck![/QUOTE]
Actually the funny thing is the coupon was made available this time last year for reward zone members by mail & then email as well to print out (it says on the coupon 'no copies'). I received one last year and used it to buy Fox's 24 season 1. When I saw this site and then people using them in the store I found out that the coupons were supposed to be available in the Home Theatre Department, an instore display, online reward zone offers, and behind the service desks at stores.

You are supposed to only use one per store (per household) at a time. The DVDs that apply to the coupon are listed on Best Buy's website under the "Fox TV On DVD" section. Where they are located in the store is not important - consider the space allowed in each store for "Fox", "HBO", "Comedy Central", and "Showtime" products. Fox DVDs depending on the store would have a section and a half at most - there would be alot of unused store space.

The website lists all DVDs on TV that apply - 24 season 6 premiere disc is Free with the coupon (and includes a coupon for 24 that is good until 2/29/08 for $10 off). If the DVD is like "The Simply Life" under $10 bucks you just can't get the addition cash applied to your other purchases.

Simply make sure the entire coupon bar code is readable and then the cashier scans or manually enters the code and $10 off. If you have any problems remind the cashier / manager that these were originally sent out by email as online promotions - which means you have to print them out (you just can't combine them with other offers / coupons).

bread's done
Back