All-Star Superman Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy $14.99 Pre-Order

[quote name='dchrisd']WTF is All-Star Superman[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but the first two thread on amazon in related stuff to it are "Most overrated movies of all time" and " Movies that suck" or something like that.

All Star Superman is a compilation of stories written just for that compendium, by some of the best comic book writers. In the graphic novel, the writers focus on the humanity of Superman stories, and what makes Superman such a deep and intricate superhero.

Basically it is some of the best Superman stories out there, and I'm guessing this is the visualization of the book in an animated format.

All Star Superman was a twelve issue limited series by Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly. The stories tended to be of the throwback sci-fi sort, but there is a continuous storyline told throughout. It was one of the better series released the year it came out (two years ago, I think). I would recommend the series - I dunno how the movie adaption would be, but they did a good job with New Frontier, so...

All-Star Superman is the best Superman story ever written. It's by Grant Morrison and penciled brilliantly by Frank Quitely. It's a must read and the trailer looks fairly decent. Already preordered.

[quote name='GhostShark']All-Star Superman is the best Superman story ever written. It's by Grant Morrison and penciled brilliantly by Frank Quitely. It's a must read and the trailer looks fairly decent. Already preordered.[/QUOTE]

I agree maybe the best Superman stories I have ever read.

[quote name='bardockkun']Debating, since really All Star Superman is one of the last good things Grant Morrison has written.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Morrison's run on Batman then Batman and Robin are amazing.

[quote name='GhostShark']All-Star Superman is the best Superman story ever written. It's by Grant Morrison and penciled brilliantly by Frank Quitely. It's a must read and the trailer looks fairly decent. Already preordered.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Pre-ordered at 14.99. Thanks OP!

[quote name='joshnorm']
Seriously? Morrison's run on Batman then Batman and Robin are amazing.[/QUOTE]
It started out good until it went to idiotic territory of making no sense with the stupid ass Barbatos thing and Return of Bruce Wayne.

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']DC should make an All-Star Batman & Robin movie.

"I'm the goddamn Batman."

lol.[/QUOTE]

How can they when DC never finished the comic series?

[quote name='bardockkun']It started out good until it went to idiotic territory of making no sense with the stupid ass Barbatos thing and Return of Bruce Wayne.[/QUOTE]

True. But Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne as Batman/Robin are still great.

I am on the fence with this one. $14.99 is a great pre-order price, but these animated DC blus/dvds historically drop to $10 or lower pretty quickly after release.

Had mine preorder a few week back since it showed at my Goldbox. Now, my preorder is $14.25. Was on the fence about it, but will keep it at that price.

bread's done
Back