All-time Funniest Movies

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
I have watched an astounding number of films, but I feel that if there ever was a department that I'm lacking in, it's probably comedies so let's start a list.

A couple that I have heard great things about but haven't seen yet (probably will tonight) are Slapshot and Kentucky Fried Movie.

I'm going to split the list up for my own purposes into movies I've seen and which ones I haven't since a lot of the ones that are being listed are fairly recent it seems which I've seen.

Haven't Seen

Caddyshack
Animal House (only bits and pieces, very interrupted.)
Amazon Women on the Moon

Have Seen

Slapshot
Kentucky Fried Movie
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Half Baked
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Life Aquatic
Shaun of the Dead
40 Year Old Virgin
Wedding Crashers
School of Rock

This is Spinal Tap
Some Like it Hot
My Cousin Vinny

There's more, but I'm sure those titles will be covered by others, these are the important ones.

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Men in Black
Payback
Grosse Point Blank
Dogma
Big Trouble

There's some of my favorite comedies, I may add more later.

If you have ever played RPG's (the paper version), then I'd recommend a movie called The Gamers. It was a DVD only thing, that you can get from here:

http://www.deadgentlemen.com/

Its a good spoof on the stereotype RPG players. Its probably the funniest movie I have ever seen. It has lots of bad jokes, meh acting and you can obviously tell it was a budget film made by a few people, but its worth every penny.

TBW

This is Spinal Tap
Anything Christopher Guest
Dumb and Dumber
Super Troopers
The Royal Tenenbaums
Biodome (I love Pauly Shore movies, except Pauly Shore is Dead. Absolute garbage)

7 posts and no one says Animal House?!?!

MP Holy Grail is maybe my favorite.

Airplane
Naked Gun
Life of Brian
Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison

[quote name='wubb']7 posts and no one says Animal House?!?!
[/QUOTE]

Because this thread is about funny movies.

;)

Let me think of some non-obvious ones... :whistle2:k

Amazon Women on the Moon is the sequel to Kentucky Fried Movie, so check it out also.

Wet Hot American Summer is hilarious.

And Shaun of the Dead is pretty funny as well.

A fish called Wanda
Dr. Strangelove and How I learned to love the Bomb
A Night at the Opera
Horse Feathers
Tatie Danielle (a French movie that made me bust my gut)
A Shot in the Dark
South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
Beavis and Butthead do America

[quote name='Tiphireth']Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. :D[/QUOTE]

Really? I almost walked out of this movie and I was like 9.

Jackass: The Movie
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Beavis & Butt-Head Do America
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
A Christmas Story
Bloodsport
Street Fighter: The Movie
The Goonies
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

[quote name='munch']Really? I almost walked out of this movie and I was like 9.[/quote]

Yeah. I've loved that movie since I was 9. :lol: Guess it takes a special kind of person to like that sort of movie.

Ace Ventura 2 sucked, but I laugh my ass off every time I see him get those spears chucked at his legs.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']A couple that I have heard great things about but haven't seen yet (probably will tonight) are Slapshot and Kentucky Fried Movie.[/QUOTE]

Kentucky Fried Movie is brilliant. "A Fistful of Yen" is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen, as is the rest of the film.

If you like Zucker-Abraham-Zucker's other work (The Naked Gun, Airplane!, Police Squad!, Top Secret), you'll love Kentucky Fried Movie.

You really can't go wrong with any one of these:

Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
Clerks
Mallrats
The Jerk
Blazing Saddles
Wayne's World
Young Frankenstein
The Big Lebowski

[quote name='Brak']Kentucky Fried Movie is brilliant. "A Fistful of Yen" is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen, as is the rest of the film.

If you like Zucker-Abraham-Zucker's other work (The Naked Gun, Airplane!, Police Squad!, Top Secret), you'll love Kentucky Fried Movie.[/QUOTE]

i wholeheartedly agree. in fact i have that movie and may go watch it now since i haven't seen it for a while. but, you musn't forget Catholic Highschool Girls in Trouble!!!

others i'd reccomend:
animal crackers -marx bros.
horse feathers -marx bros.
duck soup -marx bros.
monty python and the holy grail
life of brian
blazing saddles
young frankenstien
history of the world pt. 1
clue -a movie based on the board game. it has tim curry in it. it's good, campy fun

Trading Places
Coming to America
Stir Crazy
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Silver Streak
Ali G : Indahouse
Uncle Buck
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

B0000DZTOM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Noises Off!
I saw this movie ages ago when it debuted on VHS, watched it with my family and we could not stop laughing. It's about the problems which plague a stage play "Nothing On." Features Christopher Reeve, John Ritter, Carol Burnett, Michael Caine.

bread's done
Back