All Video Games Gold Box Event Starting 12am PST 4/13/09 @ Amazon

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals

Clues:
6:00am PDT - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360.
10:00am PDT - Even more songs for your Wii.
11:00am PDT - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.
01:00pm PDT - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.
03:00pm PDT - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.
05:00pm PDT - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.
06:00pm PDT - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2.

Edit: DoTD is all versions of Shawn White Snowboarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
as a ps3 owner i am a sad panda.... i have both games ... but can't wait to see how low they'll go on fallout 3 since i got it for 34.99 on amazon a few months back... but blockbuster made my backlog much bigger :D

Well Snowboarding for $20 for the :360: isn't that bad.

Oh and I am assuming its going to be Warriors Ochie (spelling) since its Dynasty and Samurai warriors.....here's hoping for $10

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Craaaaaap. I stayed up for this? And the promise of Samurai Warriors in 6 hours? fucking Amazon.[/quote]

Seconded.

Not a bad selection of games, overall... but nothing for me. :cold:

[quote name='joshnorm']Oh and I am assuming its going to be Warriors Ochie (spelling) since its Dynasty and Samurai warriors.....here's hoping for $10[/quote]
Possibly. Warriors Orochi 2 was $14.95 in the last Thanksgiving sale.

[quote name='earvcunanan']5:00 PM Lightning Deal will be the one to look for!

Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.

I'm hoping it's Killzone 2![/quote]

Me too.

My "guesses":

6:00am - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360. Warriors Orochi 2
10:00am - Even more songs for your Wii. Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 or 2.
11:00am - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS. Fire Emblem DS
01:00pm - Take triviality on the road with your PSP. Buzz Quiz PSP
03:00pm - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101. Fallout 3
05:00pm - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3. Killzone 2
06:00pm - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2. Guitar Hero World Tour PS2

Unless the discounts are really poor, this is not that bad of a Gold Box, really.

[quote name='Master Shake']If Fire Emblem is $20 I'll pick that up but that's it.[/QUOTE]

It'd be good for the people who missed it from Buynextgen.com a short while back

Yeah, no way Im staying up to see Dynasty Warrior 6 down to 29.99 in 6 hours. Fire Emblem DS, that is something I definitely want :p

[quote name='Saint Noir']I figure the price for Killzone will be $40. I'll have to think about it![/quote]

the multiplayer has to be one of the best i've played.

Haha! I just realized I don't have Killzone 2 yet! Sorry...been buying a good amount of games lately that I thought I already had it.

I'll bite...but only if it's something great like $39.99. Which I doubt. It'll probably be $49.99...in which case I'll just keep on waiting for a good Best Buy sale and use my gift card.

Let's see how many of these I can get right...

Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360. Dynasty Warrior 6 and Samurai Warriors 2: Empires

Even more songs for your Wii. Wii Music

Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Take triviality on the road with your PSP. Buzz: Master Quiz.

Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.

Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101. Fallout 3 (game only)

Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3. Killzone 2
Go on tour with your PS2. GH: World Tour (game only)

Anyone Guitar Hero: World Tour (game only)

Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3. Killzone 2
Go on tour with your PlayStation 2. Guitar Hero World Tour (game only)

Hmmm as long as that one clue really does mean Fallout 3, and it is $30 or less, I might have to bite. Maybe not though, I'll see how my mood is.

[quote name='Grinchy']Hmmm as long as that one clue really does mean Fallout 3, and it is $30 or less, I might have to bite. Maybe not though, I'll see how my mood is.[/quote]

It is Fallout 3 since you start the game in Vault 101.

[quote name='obri0922']

Go on tour with your PS2. GH: World Tour (game only)

Anyone Guitar Hero: World Tour (game only)

[/quote]

My guess is a Guitar or Complete Bundle on sale. I'm guessing GH:WT isn't going to be cheaper than the $17.40 I just paid at Amazon for the game alone.

360 owners get the shaft with two crap games.
And PS3 owners are Hoping they don't get the shaft on Price for Fallout 3 and Killzone 2.
Good luck.
Amazon fails again. IMO.

Whenever I see this get a reply I think "All Singing, All Dancing Gold Box" because of the All Video Games title. Anything beginning with All seems to get rearranged in my head like this...

[quote name='sunnysky']360 owners get the shaft with two crap games.
And PS3 owners are Hoping they don't get the shaft on Price for Fallout 3 and Killzone 2.
Good luck.
Amazon fails again. IMO.[/quote]

Yeah Amazon is the worst when it comes to deals. :roll:

11:00am - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.
01:00pm - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.

too bad already have fire ebl. if 1pm is buzz quiz and cheap (under 10)might get it

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Shaun White Snowboarding for the 360 any good?[/quote]

From what I've gathered from reviews and word of mouth is that the controls are odd and people have trouble getting used to them. However the multiplayer is pretty enjoyble.

Ok yeah, 360 owners are getting the shaft here, but let's face it, outside of this Gold Box event 360 games are on sale WAY more than PS3 games. I'm not going to pick up anything for my 360 but I hope the PS3 people get good prices for Killzone and Fallout.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the one people think is killzone might actually be a football game >_<

:lol:[/quote]

Or a shitty basketball game. NBA 09 The Inside, etc.

Decent games at bad prices is not really a good GoldBox either.

I think these GoldBox deals will not return to their former glory. There was a GB in particular that people claimed all the really shitty Wii games at crap prices (I think it was the one with Wario Shake It at $40 or something), which probably convinced Amazon of the following: "If we put it in the GoldBox, then it will sell out no matter what!" Fortunately, people haven't been that stupid.

Dang I been wanting Warriors Orochi 2 but just spent like 400 on a DSi and 360 games last week from gamestop and amazon. Oh well sure I'll come across it again.

That is so frustrating that the Fallout 3 deal is only for the PS3!!! I can't believe how long they are holding out on having a permanent price drop on this game for the Xbox360. All of the other best games (GTA IV, Bioshock, etc.) have received substantial permanent price drops. When the heck is Fallout 3 going to join in?

I'm joining those who are hoping for a good price on Fire Emblem.

As for Fallout 3, it's true there IS no DLC for the PS3, but there seems to still be hope for it to show up on a disk someday (all of the statements from Bethesda have seemed carefully worded to leave that possibility open). The worst thing about no DLC is that the third expansion "fixes" the ending that 90% of people hate.

That is so frustrating that the Fallout 3 deal is only for the PS3!!! I can't believe how long they are holding out on having a permanent price drop on this game for the Xbox360. All of the other best games (GTA IV, Bioshock, etc.) have received substantial permanent price drops. When the heck is Fallout 3 going to join in?
GTA came out six months before FO3. Bioshock for the XBOX came out a year before FO3. It'll happen, but not until sales start to lag.

[quote name='pob14']I'm joining those who are hoping for a good price on Fire Emblem.

As for Fallout 3, it's true there IS no DLC for the PS3, but there seems to still be hope for it to show up on a disk someday (all of the statements from Bethesda have seemed carefully worded to leave that possibility open). The worst thing about no DLC is that the third expansion "fixes" the ending that 90% of people hate.[/QUOTE]

I would stay away from the ps3 version. It currently does not have dlc. Also, I think it had it's own bugs and problems the other versions didn't have. i think most of those have been fixed by a patch now, though.

6:00am - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360.
10:00am - Even more songs for your Wii.

Wii Music?

11:00am - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.

Fire Emblem?

01:00pm - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.

???

03:00pm - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.

Lol no question here, Fallout 3

05:00pm - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.

???

06:00pm - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2.

???

[quote name='Jaland']
05:00pm - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.

???
[/quote]
Hopefully this is Killzone 2 like everyone else is saying, but are there any other games that can fit that description?

I remember last time there was a all video game gold box deal, a lot of people were saying that one clue was going to be Little Big Planet. And they couldn't be more wrong because it ended up being some random shovelware on the Wii or DS.

bread's done
Back