All Video Games Gold Box Event Starting 12am PST 4/13/09 @ Amazon

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals

Clues:
6:00am PDT - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360.
10:00am PDT - Even more songs for your Wii.
11:00am PDT - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.
01:00pm PDT - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.
03:00pm PDT - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.
05:00pm PDT - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.
06:00pm PDT - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2.

Edit: DoTD is all versions of Shawn White Snowboarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
6:00am - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360. Warriors Orochi 2
10:00am - Even more songs for your Wii. Wii Music
11:00am - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
01:00pm - Take triviality on the road with your PSP. ???
03:00pm - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101. Fallout 3
05:00pm - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3. Killzone 2
06:00pm - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2. Guitar Hero: World Tour

[quote name='pob14']As for Fallout 3, it's true there IS no DLC for the PS3, but there seems to still be hope for it to show up on a disk someday (all of the statements from Bethesda have seemed carefully worded to leave that possibility open).[/quote]

Yeah, as a "game of the year edition", which will be full price, and will require you to completely start over with a new game. fuck that. I bought the game once, I shouldn't have to buy it a second time just to get the DLC.

I've decided that from now on, if I really want to play a Bethesda game I'll only buy it used (and since I usually don't buy used, that's significant). If they want to make any money off of me, they'll have to do so by releasing the DLC on my platform of choice. If they choose not to, too bad for them.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']
01:00pm - Take triviality on the road with your PSP. ???[/quote]

This has to be Buzz Master Quiz, which considering it's 17.99 right now, will probably be about $10. It's absolutely worth picking up if you have a PSP and are looking for something to play on it.

i wonder how much fall out 3 will drop.... if it's 30-35 i think i'll have to bite. my wallet will need to forgive me i've bought so much recently

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, as a "game of the year edition", which will be full price, and will require you to completely start over with a new game. fuck that. I bought the game once, I shouldn't have to buy it a second time just to get the DLC.

I've decided that from now on, if I really want to play a Bethesda game I'll only buy it used (and since I usually don't buy used, that's significant). If they want to make any money off of me, they'll have to do so by releasing the DLC on my platform of choice. If they choose not to, too bad for them.[/QUOTE]

If you're genuinely concerned about Sending a Message, by buying used, you're only making the PS3 version's sales lower and confirming Bethesda's assumption that the 360 version (with higher sales) was the primary one in the first place. Sony reps won't be reading CAG and freaking out because they lost you as a customer; they'll look at their sales figures and focus on the platform that sells more.

[quote name='lunker']If you're genuinely concerned about Sending a Message, by buying used, you're only making the PS3 version's sales lower and confirming Bethesda's assumption that the 360 version (with higher sales) was the primary one in the first place. Sony reps won't be reading CAG and freaking out because they lost you as a customer; they'll look at their sales figures and focus on the platform that sells more.[/quote]

Oh, I don't expect Bethesda to be reading the CAG forums. I sent them the same basic thing in an email back when it became clear what they're doing. ;) I also don't expect them to care about one customer, but maybe if enough people register their protest . . .

But really, it's more about not letting them rip me off anymore than it is about "sending a message". I could care less whether they get the message or not, really, because the damage is already done with this one and it's not going to change. There are more games out there that I want than I can actually afford regardless, so if one developer who has already proven themselves to be lame decides it's not worth developing for the platform anymore, so be it. I'd honestly prefer that they not sell me their games at all than sell me inferior versions.

Besides, at this point I own a 360 as well. The main reason I bought the PS3 version in the first place was because it was the only console I owned at the time. But regardless of which platform I buy future Bethesda games on (if I buy future Bethesda games), I'm sticking to that rule -- if they want to make money off of me, they'll release the DLC on the platform that I purchased the game on. Otherwise, they've seen the last of the money that they'll be getting from me.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']6:00am - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360. Warriors Orochi 2
10:00am - Even more songs for your Wii. Wii Music
11:00am - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
01:00pm - Take triviality on the road with your PSP. ???
03:00pm - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101. Fallout 3
05:00pm - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3. Killzone 2
06:00pm - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2. Guitar Hero: World Tour[/QUOTE]

Triviality on PSP is most likely Buzz.

I'm a bit disappointed Warriors Orochi 2 is $26, wasn't that $20 on Amazon a few months back?

I sure hope it's fallout 3 later. I've been waiting for that game to get a great deal on that game for a long while now. Maybe Killzone 2 as well, the others i can wait on...

If Fallout 3 is for only PS3 and not 360, I am going to punch my wall.

The 360 isn't getting any love in this deal really. Yeah they have this crappy Warriors Orochi game, but can that hold up to (possibly) Killzone 2 and Fallout 3 for PS3?

[quote name='danddman']If Fallout 3 is for only PS3 and not 360, I am going to punch my wall.

The 360 isn't getting any love in this deal really. Yeah they have this crappy Warriors Orochi game, but can that hold up to (possibly) Killzone 2 and Fallout 3 for PS3?[/quote]

For the one time Amazon caters more towards the PS3 than the 360 you're going to throw a hissy fit? Be thankful Amazon is consistently offering deals on any console instead of worrying about one of MANY deals in the future.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, as a "game of the year edition", which will be full price, and will require you to completely start over with a new game. fuck that. I bought the game once, I shouldn't have to buy it a second time just to get the DLC.

I've decided that from now on, if I really want to play a Bethesda game I'll only buy it used (and since I usually don't buy used, that's significant). If they want to make any money off of me, they'll have to do so by releasing the DLC on my platform of choice. If they choose not to, too bad for them.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are a whiney wiener.

I can't understand your argument about Bethesda selling you an inferior version, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it announced before the game released that the 360 version would have exclusive DLC? If the blame lies with anyone for you having an 'inferior' version (which you don't because what's on the disk is the same for both) it lies with you for being a poor consumer and not finding out what you were buying before you bought it.

That said, I think that it's simply wishful thinking from everyone who thinks that "get in the zone" refers to KZ2. It's obviously referring to the new "Autozone" game. Either that or maybe one of the EA games that uses "get in the zone" as basically a tagline?

IF it is KZ2 for like $35 I might have to pick up a copy... despite the fact that I don't own a PS3. What the hell is wrong with me?

Bethesda never really came out and said DLC won't ever be on the PS3. It could be a timed deal for that matter. So unless MS wrote a fat check to cover potential revenue that would have been from PS3 DLC, its possible later on we will see it in the PS Store. This isn't like Rockstar and GTA IV where it was well known before release that DLC was 360 exclusive.

Before I get spammed, I am a proud owner of a 360 as well.

[quote name='danddman']If Fallout 3 is for only PS3 and not 360, I am going to punch my wall.

The 360 isn't getting any love in this deal really. Yeah they have this crappy Warriors Orochi game, but can that hold up to (possibly) Killzone 2 and Fallout 3 for PS3?[/quote]

Training%20pg%20crying.jpg

[quote name='jordanv99']I can't understand your argument about Bethesda selling you an inferior version, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it announced before the game released that the 360 version would have exclusive DLC?[/quote]

It wasn't made clear that the exclusive DLC was going to be a significant extension of the main story and a change to the ending of the game. For all anyone could tell at the time, the 360 exclusive DLC was going to be more horse armor.

Beyond that, given the number of glaring bugs in the PS3 version (I suppose they were the "exclusive" for that platform?), I think it fair to say that it was inferior.

[quote name='rustyrage']the 360 always gets "deals" on amazon. now ps3ers get to enjoy a failbox[/quote]

Agreed; It's time to let the PS3 bask in the shimmering golden light from Amazon's great presence.
All i'm saying is Fallout 3 is great, go buy it...sadly I've put about 60hrs into it

[quote name='jordanv99']
That said, I think that it's simply wishful thinking from everyone who thinks that "get in the zone" refers to KZ2. It's obviously referring to the new "Autozone" game. Either that or maybe one of the EA games that uses "get in the zone" as basically a tagline?[/quote]

Nah, I knew all along that it was the new AutoZone Tycoon game!

[quote name='MSUHitman']LoL at only 4% redemmed for RB 2 Wii game only with less than an hour to go.[/QUOTE]

It's only a 1 hour sale....

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hoping for $14.98 on Fire Emblem -- that is the official wife approved price :)[/quote]

Same for me. My wife just walked away disapprovingly when I broached the question. At 15 bucks, I'm in. Although, it will probably be 20ish.

[quote name='rothgar24']Same for me. My wife just walked away disapprovingly when I broached the question. At 15 bucks, I'm in. Although, it will probably be 20ish.[/QUOTE]

The answer to this roadblock is "Ship everything to your office so she isn't any the wiser." It's worked for me for years now. :)

[quote name='lunker']The answer to this roadblock is "Ship everything to your office so she isn't any the wiser." It's worked for me for years now. :)[/quote]
What works for me is "quit being scared of your wife and buy the damn games you want to buy." ;)

[quote name='lunker']The answer to this roadblock is "Ship everything to your office so she isn't any the wiser." It's worked for me for years now. :)[/QUOTE]

I just opened up a new account that I use for all my ebay stuff, and pay out of that. Only works if you like to sell stuff though...

[quote name='Monroeski']What works for me is "quit being scared of your wife and buy the damn games you want to buy." ;)[/quote]

Dude, this is what I'm talking about. You are the man!

[quote name='Monroeski']What works for me is "quit being scared of your wife and buy the damn games you want to buy." ;)[/quote]

Its not a matter of being scared. Its a matter of balancing priorities. If I pick this up, I have to give up something else I might want. Its a fair trade off, I can't buy every game I want, no more than my wife can buy everything she wants. And I will go to too many games next month, so its kinda pushing the edge on game consumption :)

[quote name='rothgar24']Same for me. My wife just walked away disapprovingly when I broached the question. At 15 bucks, I'm in. Although, it will probably be 20ish.[/quote]
Fire Emblem on Wii is hard as freakin balls. Almost to the point that it's not that fun.

Well, Fire Emblem for $20, as I expected. Don't think I'll bite on it, though I might swing for Buzz PSP if it's cheap.

Not bad deal for Fire Emblem DS for $19.98. Plus, free Super saver shipping since the original price is $27.99 and that puts it over the limit.

[quote name='Jodou']Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon DS $20.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Was hoping for Dragon Quest V. Already picked this one up cheaper at FYE (after rebate of course).

6:00am - Warriors Orochi 2 for Xbox 360.
10:00am - Rockband 2 for Wii
11:00am - Fire Emblem I'm sure (DS)
01:00pm - Probably like Buzz Quiz/Trivial Pursuit for PSP
03:00pm - Fallout 3 most likely
05:00pm - I'm guessing Killzone 2, but that would honestly surprise me. I haven't bought it, but if its at a fair price I just might.
06:00pm - Probably Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2, which we have seen a couple deals of now. Im guessing its not selling well for the PS2.

bread's done
Back