All Video Games Gold Box Event Starting 12am PST 4/13/09 @ Amazon

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals

Clues:
6:00am PDT - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360.
10:00am PDT - Even more songs for your Wii.
11:00am PDT - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.
01:00pm PDT - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.
03:00pm PDT - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.
05:00pm PDT - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.
06:00pm PDT - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2.

Edit: DoTD is all versions of Shawn White Snowboarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
dang, KZ2 is still a pass for me. i was pulling for 39.99...o-well. I am sure this price-point is the sweat spot for someone. i will just remain on the KZ2-sidelines a little longer.

Wow almost a whooping $8 off Killzone... LAME!

It will be $29.99 in a few months anyways, if you didn't get it at launch, might as well wait a little bit longer.

[quote name='dsimmelink']KZ2 but for $45... hm... worth it??[/quote]

I was hoping for $40, but $45 isn't too bad. $15 off retail, 25%. Good deal in my book as I was planning on buying it soon anyway.

$42.95: http://www.gameroomdeals.com/product/killzone2

[quote name='WTFer']It will be $29.99 in a few months anyways, if you didn't get it at launch, might as well wait a little bit longer.[/QUOTE]
It's a first party title. Go look at Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and that third game they made on Amazon. If it goes on clearance anywhere, then it'll be a decent price, otherwise the MSRP is going to stay high.

[quote name='dsimmelink']KZ2 but for $45... hm... worth it??[/quote]

It's a shooter...shooters lose value quickly...or, at least, quicker than some other genres (generally)...$45, tempted...but I'll wait.

[quote name='blackhole82']$5 too much for me for KZ2[/quote]
Yup, $40 was my buy-point for KZ2. With my brutal backlog, I've got to set some kind of limit! ;)

[quote name='WTFer']Wow almost a whooping $8 off Killzone... LAME!

It will be $29.99 in a few months anyways, if you didn't get it at launch, might as well wait a little bit longer.[/quote]

$15 really. Plus tax if that applies.

theres gonna be an influx of "flippers" buying this game and selling on ebay. A.K.A. the price will go down, at least on ebay.

I bit on both Fallout 3 and KZ2; the list of games I'm playing now is growing thin.

I have DMC4, GTA4, SC4, MGS4, LBP, Bioshock, all of which I'm bored of.

Only games I'm playing atm are RE5 and Resistance 2, so I'm hoping these two new ones will keep me occupied for a while.

[quote name='IRHari']the list of games I'm playing now is growing thin.[/quote]
You need to take the multi-console plunge.

[quote name='blackhole82']Hah I was just about to post that[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's $42.95 plus shipping...which would be either equal if not more than Amazon's current price w/ FSS.

I bit, as I don't see this game dropping anytime soon. Sony first-party games don't drop down in price as soon as third party titles. Especially top sellers. Look how long Resistance and Heavenly Sword took to drop!

Wow, that was fast. I guess there are lot of folks out there who disagree with us 'cause it's pretty much sold through. Either that, or the sale allocation was very small.

I have a $25 Amazon gift card, so might as well get KZ2. $19.98. Not too shabby. Will have to check in several months to see if the game goes down to $15.

i dont think it was a "bad" price. i just cannot justify paying that much for a game anymore. i rathere wait and get it for $30-$40 used

[quote name='gunm']Wow, that was fast. I guess there are lot of folks out there who disagree with us 'cause it's pretty much sold through. Either that, or the sale allocation was very small.[/quote]

Or there were alot of people (like me) who just added it and debating on whether we REEEAAAALLLYYYY wanna get it or not...hahaha.

KZ2 will not be going down in price any time soon. Resistance 1 took forever to go down and Resistance 2 is still $60 in most places. Other big name exclusives like Uncharted and R&C: ToD took a really long time to go down.

[quote name='roninld']I have a $25 Amazon gift card, so might as well get KZ2. $19.98. Not too shabby. Will have to check in several months to see if the game goes down to $15.[/QUOTE]

It is highly doubtful that Killzone 2 will go anywhere near $15...not at least for 1-2 years. I'm as frugal as they come...but some games do not go down. KZ2 remains a top seller...GG is releasing, or just released, FREE DLC (maps, etc.).

As I mentioned previously...yes many games today drop in price pretty quickly, or within a few short months. But not all games...this is one of them. There's a reason why KZ2 just sold out so fast on Amazon. By the time I placed my order (starting at 0% claimed) it was already like 91% claimed. I immediately refreshed...and they were all gone.

I'm sure there will be a sale for this again at $40 in a few months...but I don't see it dropping below that as a permanent price any time soon.

KZ2 isn't worth more than $20 TBH. Single-player was nothing special and I can't stomach console controllers for MP FPS. Like Crysis, graphics are its biggest selling point.

That was fast, FO3 took almost the entire 2 hours to sell out. How many copies of FO3 PS3 did Amazon have? Those must have not been selling well.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah, but that's $42.95 plus shipping.[/QUOTE]
Shipping is free at GameRoomDeals.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']It is highly doubtful that Killzone 2 will go anywhere near $15...not at least for 1-2 years. I'm as frugal as they come...but some games do not go down. KZ2 remains a top seller...GG is releasing, or just released, FREE DLC (maps, etc.).

As I mentioned previously...yes many games today drop in price pretty quickly, or within a few short months. But not all games...this is one of them. There's a reason why KZ2 just sold out so fast on Amazon. By the time I placed my order (starting at 0% claimed) it was already like 91% claimed. I immediately refreshed...and they were all gone.

I'm sure there will be a sale for this again at $40 in a few months...but I don't see it dropping below that as a permanent price any time soon.[/quote]

valid point. i just got my hands on a copy of Rachet and Clank. it is more of a personal thing for me because i dont clamor for games anymore. i bought MGS4 at launch and still havent even opened it (i dont have the availability to devote hour blocks at a time). that was the point where i told myself not to get games at launch or near launch prices.

[quote name='Skoad']Shipping is free at GameRoomDeals.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm not going to gripe about a $2 difference. Besides, never bought from gameroomdeals...and I've never had issues with Amazon. Though that is a great price from them for an every day deal.

[quote name='Skoad']Shipping is free at GameRoomDeals.[/quote]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Price and Delivery [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The price you will pay for the goods is the price in the e-mail confirmation. Everything except video games will be shipped via FEDEX or UPS and will be charged according to the shipping weight of the product. Processing time for these purchases are usally 2 business days. If the item is on backorder, you will receive a notice about that. All video game purchases are shipped within 1-2 working days upon completion of your order, and by United States Postal Service 1st class or Priority mail. Shipping charges of video games are as follows[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]D[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]omestic[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]First Class $4 for the first title and $1 each per additional[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Priority Mail $6.99 for the First Title and $1 per additional [/FONT]

bread's done
Back