AllClear ID by Debix

ZombieToast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
How many of you are signed up for the free year of credit monitoring that was provided to most of us after PSN went back online? Has it actually helped you in any way? To be honest, I'm fairly skeptical, especially considering that they have so little information about me. I suspect they don't actually know anything about what's going on with my credit. I was hoping they would call me any time a credit card was opened in my name, but that hasn't been the case so far. Perhaps they contact you if the information doesn't match up, but if that's the case, the card would just be rejected anyway. Has anyone tried testing this service out and if so, have you seen any results?

I don't really feel like I need credit monitoring, but it would be comforting to feel like someone is looking out for me in a sense.

[quote name='ZombieToast'] I was hoping they would call me any time a credit card was opened in my name, but that hasn't been the case so far. [/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you're signed up for AllClear/Debix, you (or someone using your name) took out a new line of credit (including credit cards), and AllClear/Debix didn't make any attempt to contact you?

I passed when I got the email about signing up. I'd never had any cc info entered into the psn, so it'd just be another useless thing I'd never use.

[quote name='Jerakon']Are you saying that you're signed up for AllClear/Debix, you (or someone using your name) took out a new line of credit (including credit cards), and AllClear/Debix didn't make any attempt to contact you?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I have signed up for a couple of credit cards. From the way I read their description, I figured they would call me to verify that it's me who's doing this. Something like "Hey, we just noticed that a new credit card was opened in your name. Did you sign up for this?" But I haven't heard a peep from them, so I'm not entirely sure what they are monitoring, if anything.

[quote name='praxus07']I passed when I got the email about signing up. I'd never had any cc info entered into the psn, so it'd just be another useless thing I'd never use.[/QUOTE]
Possibly useless, yes, but it wouldn't hurt to have it and it only takes about five minutes to set up. Any chance you still have the activation code? If so, I'd be happy to release you of the burden. Heh.

I'd probably call them at their toll free number and talk with them about it. There's probably a good reason, but, it would be good to know if they're not actually providing the service they're supposed to.

Yeah, I think I'll probably do that. It was the first thing I considered, but I figured I'd get the input of my fellow CAGs first 'cause CAGs usually know what's up. Heh. Once I talk to them, I'll come back with an update.

bread's done
Back