almost done with my PS2 backlog, anything left?

tehweezner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
i've worked thru my PS2 backlog, and don't have many left to play. if anyone could check if there are any glaring ommisions in my game selection thus far and any that i need to play. THANKS!

Completed

FFX
FFX-2
KH 1 + 2
Dark Cloud 2
DMC 1 + 3
DQVIII
Xenosaga
ICO
SotC
GH 1 + 2
Okami
MGS3
God of War
Haunting Ground
Ace Combat 4
RE4 (gamecube)

Tried + not finished

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Black
Twisted Metal Black
Xenosaga II
Shadow Hearts
Wild ARms 4
Beyond Good + Evil
Metal Arms

Tekken 5
Gran Turismo 3 + 4
GTA 3 + VC + SA
Tony Hawks
Burnout 3: Takedown
Jak II
Soul Caliburs
Onimushas
Psychonauts

Left to play

Xenosaga 3 (have)
Tales of the Abyss
Rogue Galaxy
God of War II
MGS2
FFXII
Suikoden III + V (have)
Amplitude
Ring of Red (have)
Wild arms 3 (have)

Maybe will play

Clock Tower 3
Radiata Stories
Grandia III
Shadow Hearts: Covenant + 3
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Atelier Irises
Tales of Legendia
SMT:DDS 1 + 2
SMT:Nocturne
Disgaea 1 + 2
Phantom Brave/La Pucelle
Makai Kingdom
Growlanser:Generations

If you like shoot-em-ups, you simply must play Gradius V, it's fucking INCREDIBLE! :cool:

EDIT:

I also HIGHLY recommend Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I bought it when it was first released and paid $50, and I've never even owned a PS2! I played through the entire game and feel it's one of the best Castlevania games released, right up there with the GBA games (Symphony for the original Playstation is easily the best one ever).

Contra: Shattered Soldier is a great game. It's as good or better than Contra III and the original.

[quote name='waxHead']If you like shoot-em-ups, you simply must play Gradius V, it's fucking INCREDIBLE! :cool:

EDIT:

I also HIGHLY recommend Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I bought it when it was first released and paid $50, and I've never even owned a PS2! I played through the entire game and feel it's one of the best Castlevania games released, right up there with the GBA games (Symphony for the original Playstation is easily the best one ever).[/quote]

^ I also recommend Gradius V (and III/IV if you enjoy shooters).

Actually, I didn't like the PS2 Contra at all. Also, I'd say Castlevania Curse of Darkness was much more fun that Lament of Innocence. Just one man's opinion though.

And I strongly urge you to play Ratchet and Clank 1-3 in order. If you really don't want to play all 3, then play 2 and 3, in order.

I would recommend at least trying the following as well:

Parappa the Rapper 2
Adventures of Cookie & Cream
Yakuza
Hot Shots Golf 3 & 4
Fatal Frame 2 & 3
Any of the SOCOM games (although 3 is probably the most popular?)

...and maybe one of the Dance Dance Revolutions with mat in the privacy of your home. :p

YOU NEED TO PLAY XENOSAGA EPISODE III.

Had it been released in 2005, it would have been RPG of the year, however, fanboys made it impossible with DQ VIII and FF XII around.

Either way, I think it was RPG of the GENERATION hands down....

If you can deal with an actionless adventure game with a great story, you should play Shadow of Destiny. Make sure you get the D ending.

[quote name='sarausagi']YOU NEED TO PLAY XENOSAGA EPISODE III.

Had it been released in 2005, it would have been RPG of the year, however, fanboys made it impossible with DQ VIII and FF XII around.

Either way, I think it was RPG of the GENERATION hands down....[/QUOTE]

QFT...This is the second best PS2 game only behind Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Speaking of which, you need to play the entire Metal Gear Solid series starting with Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation or Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube.

The Suffering-(think Resident Evil, on acid, complete with flashbacks)

Red Dead Revolver- action game set in the Old West era, also try GUN, which was another game in this vein

Also finish Beyond Good & Evil and Psychonauts, both are well worth the time, though it looks as if neither will ever get a sequel.....

I also second The Warriors(cheap @ Kmart now) and Manhunt, as the first is one of the better beat em ups of last gen, including a mini game that feels a bit like playing Double Dragon. Manhunt is actually getting a sequel fairly soon also, one that will be on PS2/Wii and I believe the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well.

I'm also recommending Rygar. Don't forget Baldur's Gate. If you can't find Gradius, go with R-Type Final. It's very very good. It doesn't seem like you're into fighters but there are many great 2D fighters to be had for the PS2. The best are Guilty Gear X2, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, and Capcom vs SNK 2.

If you have the opportunity to play it, give Rez a shot. It's unlike any other game I've played, absolutely wild and has an incredible soundtrack. Some people hate the game, some people love it, I say play it a few times just to have the experience.

[quote name='Backlash']Also, I'd say Castlevania Curse of Darkness was much more fun that Lament of Innocence.[/quote]

Interesting, I might have to pick up the XBox version. I always passed b/c of the poor reviews.

bread's done
Back