(Almost) Five Years In, Best PS3 Game to Date

venturin

CAGiversary!
The Playstation 3 was released in North America on November 17, 2006.

There's two questions here, just to make things interesting;

1. Whats the best PS3 game so far?

2. Whats your favorite PS3 game so far?

My picks;

Best PS3 Game - Uncharted 2

My Favorite PS3 Game - Valkyria Chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='venturin']

Best PS3 Game - Uncharted 2

My Favorite PS3 Game - Valkyria Chrnicles[/QUOTE]

Um... wouldn't your favorite PS3 game also be the best PS3 game in your opinion? If we're talking statistically, then you should have to ask since Metacritic says Uncharted 2 is the best PS3 game.

Uncharted 2 is my favorite game this generation so that's an easy answer for me.

[quote name='Vinny']Um... wouldn't your favorite PS3 game also be the best PS3 game in your opinion? If we're talking statistically, then you should have to ask since Metacritic says Uncharted 2 is the best PS3 game.

Uncharted 2 is my favorite game this generation so that's an easy answer for me.[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask the same thing. The answer should be the same to both or at least to me it should be.

Uncharted 2 was my favorite PS3 game as well.

Ah but MUST ones favorite game also be considered his only choice for the best?

I love Uncharted 2 for many reasons, but primarily I recognize that it is an amazing technical and creative achievement that is the pinnacle of game design. This is why I think it is the best PS3 game of all.

But my sentimental favorite is Valkyria because it feels like it was built with such loving care and is such a wonderful experience.

Another example of what I mean; "The Shawshank Redemption" is my favorite movie, but I recognize that "The Godfather Part 2" is a better film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best: Either Uncharted 2 or God of War 3

Favorite: Demon's Souls

There is a difference. I liked Demon's Souls the most, but to be as objective as I can, I can't deny that Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 are better made games.

This too:

[quote name='venturin'] Another example of what I mean; "The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie, but I recognize that "The Godfather Part 2" is a better film.[/QUOTE]

HEAVY RAIN!

I have never felt so engrossed by a game before - not even OoT, my favorite game of all time, kept my attention so well

Not only is Uncharted 2 the best PS3 game, I'd go as far as saying it's the best game of this console generation.

Errrrrrr am I the only one that didn't love UC2 so much I wanted to marry it? Don't get me wrong it's a great game but it's not a game I've any real desire to play through again or anything [playing through games twice is rare for me] Anyway this is a really tough question I originally read it as best 5 games to date so I'll do that instead :p
Mass Effect 2
Uncharted 2
Batman AA
AC: Brotherhood
Fallout 3 [just so I wouldn't choose all Third person action games)

I'll be the odd man out and choose Borderlands.Best FPS I've ever played. Can't speak for others but it's the only FPS I've ever felt fully committed to since it's day 1 release.

The best game I've played on the PS3 would have to be Uncharted 2, easily.

My favorite game that I played on the PS3 is a tie between Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavy Rain

My favorite PS3 title is Unreal Tournament III, I don't have enough money to afford any ps3 game more than 10$ so I will say my PS3 favorite is UTIII.

My favorite PS2 game to play on the PS3 is Time Crisis 2.

My favorite PS1 game to play on the PS3 is Suikoden I.

I also liked Dead Nation and Fat Princess Demo as PSN games.

Best game, Metal Gear Solid 4 all the way. The graphics, game play, story were all amazing.

Favorite would have to be Heavy Rain, talk about a unique and compelling video game. Geesh that game was amazing.

There's definitely a difference between best and favorite. Best is more of an objective while favorite is more subjective. You can look at a game and think it's the best the system has to offer, but that in no means makes it the game you enjoyed the most and would replay multiple times (i.e your favorite).

I'm sure it's easier to understand in terms of movies. You can say something like "No Country for Old Men" was the best movie of 2007, but "Superbad" could be your favorite movie from that year.

[quote name='Ashtaar']Errrrrrr am I the only one that didn't love UC2 so much I wanted to marry it? Don't get me wrong it's a great game but it's not a game I've any real desire to play through again or anything [playing through games twice is rare for me][/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. While it's a fun game and a graphical triumph, it's also massively overrated.

I liked Uncharted 2, but I liked Heavy Rain and God of War 3 even more. So it's between those two.

No wait it's Batman...

1. Whats the best PS3 game so far?
Uncharted 2/Demons Souls
(kinda mad that Dark Souls is going on the 360, they don't deserve it.)
2. Whats your favorite PS3 game so far?
Demon's Souls

[quote name='camoor']You're not the only one. While it's a fun game and a graphical triumph, it's also massively overrated.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I've been thinking that for the longest time. It was a great experience, but it gets more credit than it deserves IMO.

BEST PS3 Game: MGS4

FAVORITE PS3 Game: Either Bioshock or Fallout 3 GOTY

[quote name='Jodou']Demon's Souls obviously.[/QUOTE]

There are some games I respect but would never play because of the frustration factor. I love watching others play that game, there is something truly fascinating about it.

[quote name='Ashtaar']Errrrrrr am I the only one that didn't love UC2 so much I wanted to marry it? Don't get me wrong it's a great game but it's not a game I've any real desire to play through again or anything [playing through games twice is rare for me][/QUOTE]

Exact same for me. It was good, but not OMG BEST GAME THIS GEN. And I also rarely play through games 2 times, just because of the backlog at the moment.

Anyway, BEST Ps3 game is easily Demon Soul's. The only thing Uncharted beat it in was graphics and story.

Favorite is also Demon Souls. Only game this gen I've gone through twice.(more like 2.5) Went through one and a half with friends/solo and started and beat a second run when another friend finally started playing it.

I should go back and get a Platinum on it before the servers die...

Demon's Souls
Uncharted Series
MGS4
Yakuza
MOTHER fuckING WARHAWK YO!

The above has consumed over 400 hours of my life. Very well spent.

[quote name='Acquiesc3']
There is a difference. I liked Demon's Souls the most, but to be as objective as I can, I can't deny that Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 are better made games.
[/QUOTE]

I can deny it. :)

I enjoyed both UC2 and GoWIII quite a bit, but I would not say either are better made games than Demon's Souls. The gameplay in DS is just about perfect. The amount of effort that went into refining it has to be extraordinary.

MGS4 was nothing more than a movie for me. It was good, but I wanted more action than cutscenes.

Demon's Souls is my favorite.

Best game this gen thus far is Bioshock, but I played that on the 360 first. Heavy Rain is up there as well. Best PS3 game to date is UC2. Yes, there is a difference.

Valkyria Chronicles is one of my favorite games as well. It took me like 2 years to play it and get into it though. Best games I'd say are the uncharted series and demon souls.

HEAVY RAIN

First game in a very long time where I played through it multiple times.
Great game. To bad no sequel and dlc was axed for "move support"....

If we are focusing solely on exclusives, then HEAVY RAIN and inFAMOUS 2 rank higher than any other games. Nothing else has held me captive like the aforementioned two have.

Am I the only one who honestly can't answer this? I've tried to think of my answer to these types of questions for awhile, but unlike with movies or music, I don't have an answer. I play A LOT of games and I really enjoy a lot of them. Some are better than others obviously, but I have difficulty picking my 'desert island' games.

Off topic, but I think my favorite game of all time is Super Metroid. It's the game that I played most as a kid, and it's also the game that rekindled my love for games after not playing hardcore for several years.

Best: UC2 - played whole thing in one day, I don't think I have ever done that before. Girlfriend watched me play the whole time... in fact she may have forced me to continue she was so into it.
Favourite: Demon's Souls - I ate/slept/breathed that game.

I have a feeling that MGS4 could have been my favourite, I was a huge fan of MGS (1,2,3), but I started MGS4 (4 hours in) at launch, then had some bad shit happen in my life where I couldn't bring myself to play a game for about 4 months during which I lent it out, and have not got it back. I really gotta pick that game up out of the bargain bin, and play it.

^^^^
edit: Man that sounded really pathetic. :)

Wow, lots of love for Uncharted 2! Looks like Naughty Dog had better be working hard to meet or exceed expectations for Uncharted 3.

Also good to see all the Demons Souls fondness. I hoped Valkyria Chronicles would get more love though.. Seriously people, it's terrific, play it!

Best - Uncharted 2

My FAVS though are Heavenly Sword, Infamous 2 and MLB The Show series

Still wish that HS had did better because I would have loved to have a sequel. Best graphics, animation and voice acting I have ever experienced.

Wow valkyria chronicles is getting a TON of love, I marked it up as one of my worse purchases along with Madden 11 and Blur........ maybe I'll give it another chance one of these days

Best exclusives? Well.

#1 - Uncharted 2
#2 - MLB The Show
#3 - Demon's Souls
#4 - Gran Turismo 5
#5 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Valkyria, Heavy Rain, Wipeout HD, MGS4 are honorable mentions as well.

[quote name='Ashtaar']Wow valkyria chronicles is getting a TON of love, I marked it up as one of my worse purchases along with Madden 11 and Blur........ maybe I'll give it another chance one of these days[/QUOTE]

It gets too much love, I think everyone knows that.

bread's done
Back