Alpha Protocol $11.89/12.19 3rd party seller 360/PS3 @ Amazon

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Third party seller Sixth Avenue Electronics is selling each version of Alpha Protocol for $12.19 with free ground shipping. There are also copies for the 360 for $12.19 and the PS3 for $12.69 that are fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for FSSS.

Alternatively, there is also a PC version fulfilled by Amazon going for $9.79 (Yes I see a seller at $9.46 but it's stated as a UK import and I'm unsure if that affects other regions attempting to play it).

The 360 copy is now down to $11.89, thanks to shurija for the heads up.

Here is a Giant Bomb Quick Look for those on the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a decent deal for this game. I always wanted it back when it came out but it got pretty bad reviews so I couldn't justify 60$ for it.

It's a RPG where the choices you make actually matter. People will remember what you did in a previous mission and taking a single approach to the entire game won't always get you what you want. The game pared down to the character contact and the missions. The combat isn't super, but it's serviceable. Invest your points in stealth and pistols.

The game is short, about 8-10 hours long, but it's a good thing, allowing you to try out different things and responses to the cast through multiple playthroughs.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I would say this game has a great concept, but the execution is not as well done. It's basically Mass Effect but in an espionage setting, where you get to go on secret missions and so on. I'm a big fan of Burn Notice so this seemed like a really cool game to me but I'm still worried about how negative the reviews are almost everyone bashes the game.

I love this game. I never understood why more games don't take place in the real world - you're a secret agent for the United States government in this one, and the atmosphere of this game is realistic enough but not so much that it feels like it was ripped straight from newspaper headlines.

The dialogue is well-written and I always wanted to hurry up with my missions so I could go back to talking to my coworkers.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game isn't actually an action game, so when you shoot an enemy, it's not one-for-one like an FPS would be. It's more like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic where your attacks are based on your stats. (I'd say this is a better game than KOTORII was, also made by the developer of this game, Obsidian.) Honestly, I would just play the game on easy. It saves a lot of frustration.

bread's done
Back