Alpha Protocol $13.99 (PS3) $15.69 (360) @ Amazon FSSS

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I'm sure gift cards work just fine, but Amazon credit doesn't. At least it didn't for me. I have $20 credit from my KZ3 purchase and it didn't work with Alpha Protocol.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see what you mean now. My bad!

[quote name='Magikarp830']Good comments for and against the game...

But yeah, my backlog says it's not worth the time. I was just playing Nier, another "meh" game (that's worth getting if you have time and find it cheap), but who has the time for games like this??? I hate to be a spoiled princess about it, but enough games come out every year that you CAN expect good gameplay + writing. Back in the 90s, you sort of dealt with glitches, as it was the one AAA title of the year. Not so much nowadays.

I'll go with that other dude who said he'd bite @ $10. I don't see this game selling out or going anywhere for a long time, anyway...:roll: I'm curious to play it, based on your comments, but not enough to ignore the backlog![/QUOTE]

THIS

i've cut back on "meh" games so much that it is nearly painless when i need to pay full price for a good game.

those $7 and $10 and $20 games all add up.

I've played this game for a couple hours so far and I'm absolutely shocked that it has received such low scores. It's definitely not perfect, but it's far from being a bad game. It's sad that a fairly original title like this has acquired such a poor reputation.

[quote name='Uracat']I've played this game for a couple hours so far and I'm absolutely shocked that it has received such low scores. It's definitely not perfect, but it's far from being a bad game. It's sad that a fairly original title like this has acquired such a poor reputation.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoy it! It was my personal GOTY of 2010.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Glad you enjoy it! It was my personal GOTY of 2010.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't go that far, but I DO think this is the most underrated game of this gen.

[quote name='Thrinn']The 360 version is down to $11.74.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, actually started working on my backlog and wasn't going to add anything new but $10 (ish) games are fair game :D

[quote name='BinaryTB']I bought it at the gamefly sale a while back, finally got around to playing it last month... played it for a couple of hours and that was it. I was hoping for a poor man's Mass Effect (until DA2 or ME3), but for me it didn't deliver. Didn't pull me in.

I guess I'd compare it to one of those movies that you'd watch that's on TV while you're cooking or web browsing or hanging out. That's fine for a movie, but for games, I've got way too big of a backlog to play a "meh" game.

I'm not trying to put the game down, if you don't have a backlog and go through games quick enough or just want to play something, go for it, but if you've got a backlog or just don't have the time, I say move onto something better. There's ALWAYS something better.[/QUOTE]

Really glad you went out of your way to share your thoughts in a reasonable way--it just saved me from spending the $13.99 on the PS3 version, especially since I still haven't finished Dead Space 2 yet (which many would argue is a vastly superior game).

Thanks OP. $12 on the 360 is a great price. I've spent more on XBLA games so to pay the equivalent for a retail game that has gotten decent, not great, reviews is worth it.

Too bad it's not free 3-5 day shipping and I'm not a Prime member.

Good deal on the game though. In my price range.

[quote name='TraBuch']I wouldn't go that far, but I DO think this is the most underrated game of this gen.[/QUOTE]

It's either that or The Saboteur.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Picked up the PS3 version. Thanks for the heads up OP.

FYI, Amazon credit doesn't seem to work with this deal since it's a third party seller (fulfilled by Amazon).[/QUOTE]

I know for the PS3 version at least,another 40 cents gets it to you straight from Amazon and credit will apply. :applause:

[quote name='TraBuch']I wouldn't go that far, but I DO think this is the most underrated game of this gen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's either that or The Saboteur.[/QUOTE]

Two of my favorite games from the last couple of years. You guys have excellent taste! :applause:

It's a shame we'll probably never see a sequel to either of 'em.

Shameless plug: I talk a lot about Alpha Protocol on the "Best of 2010" episode of my podcast, Video Game Hangover. If anyone's interested, please check out http://vghangover.com or just follow the link from my sig.

bread's done
Back