alternative programs to Fraps?

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!
I like to vid cap some PC footage In hd. I've have had some luck with fraps (ya i wont lie like most, i bit torrented it) but the problem i have with the program is it splits teh files up way to much and requires a lot of converting. I read something about it doesnt support open gl for AVI which is why it splits files up so much.

im about to try a program called bandicam but i have a feeling it wont be good quality.

I do have a HDPVR that i use for my cable and consoles but after trying a few HDmi to component cable devices i gave up trying to connect my pc to it.

if ya got any suggestions for good vid cap software i'd appreciate it. pref legal CGA kind! :)

I'd have to wonder how lossy those codecs are or how they perform. Fraps just seems to be the best combination for filmmakers. I suppose if you're not making short clips like most movies are shot, then you might want something else though.

I'm curious as to what converting is required? You can dump any of them into WMM, so what's the problem? In my experience, they're seemless between captures as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, might check xfire out.

just an update, i tried bandicam and the watermark aside it does seem to work vary nice. however i dont know if its my codec( i recorded to mpeg 1 ready for youtube!) or not but it seems like there is a small black boarder around my clip shrinking the res some but yet i recorded it at 1280x720(pretty much my normal res now as it works with a lot of stuff) =p

also wmm isn't hd so that really isn't an option. i actually have had bad luck with converters as they either didnt merge the files or were not hd. i guess i still need to find a good one for what i plan on doing lol.

doh
do ya have to add a codec?
i'll give it a try. i remember my friend telling me that and to just rip vegas for hd stuff which is why i never tried wmm hehe

also i didn't think of this but I tried my PVR's editing software and it does work with frap files but i have to drag every file one by one to the story window. ohh well, better than converting it twice lol.

but anyways i mostly just wanted to show my friend a few clips from the star wars beta. i think i'm going to stick with bandicam for a bit as i got some good results from youtube upload.
take a look if ya want hehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM0lIbUOnGM&feature=autoshare

No codecs needed. All I've ever had to do is record my video at an HD resolution (usually 720p since 1080p video winds up being gigantic as far as file size), then just drag it over. In WMM change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and you're good to go.

takes me like 8 hours to upload to youtube. i turn sleep off my pc and do it overnight. im a graphic freak ,tho. even if its crappy footage i got to have the res and stuff looking crisp like if i were playing it hehe

anyways thanks for the help! i think i'm pretty set from here now =p

bread's done
Back