(Alternative to VC Controller)Thrust Master wireless gamepad for wii $13.59

Tagged.

I'll wait for more impressions before I plunk down money for these.

Oh and BTW, the deal is now on the Slickdeals front page.

For future reference/banning, blame users nimaim and gueski. I don't really care about this deal, but the potential for other deals from CAG being spread out to FW and SD. IDK if its their CAG names or not, but uhh, yeah fuck you guys.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Tagged.

I'll wait for more impressions before I plunk down money for these.

Oh and BTW, the deal is now on the Slickdeals front page.

For future reference/banning, blame users nimaim and gueski. I don't really care about this deal, but the potential for other deals from CAG being spread out to FW and SD. IDK if its their CAG names or not, but uhh, yeah fuck you guys.[/quote]

who cares, is the goal of CAG to be selfish and share NO DEALS?
people overlap forums and are part of SD, FW and CAG so who cares.

[quote name='Furashu']who cares, is the goal of CAG to be selfish and share NO DEALS?
people overlap forums and are part of SD, FW and CAG so who cares.[/QUOTE]

No. I'm just saying, SD and FW users are more likely to hoard deals than CAGs are. Few will argue that point.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']No. I'm just saying, SD and FW users are more likely to hoard deals than CAGs are. Few will argue that point.[/QUOTE]
It just doesnt appear that CAG are hoarder. But actually more than a few people are talking about reselling Wii, and if you looking at the auction section several people are selling multiple copies of Okami.

Apparently, this guy from Europe left a review on IGN:

"Bought one after reading the review, have to say its an awesome controller, the battery (1*aaa) last +/- 20 game hours, and the mapping option on it is awesome.

3)Wireless and responding real time no doubt, good stuff.

the bad things,...

1)its really small for my big hands, easy to press 3 buttons at once by mistake (yes i got a flat nintende thumb lol)

2)the rubber/plastick on the stick is allready fading away (after 20 hours of gaming) And the A B X Y are fading away completely :eek:, bad inkt ?? doh..

3)left stick wont hold it for a year in my hands -.-
theres allready less force on the left stick after 20 hours of gaming. "

Less force, and ink alreading fading away? I thought the key letters were traditinally molded into the key itself

But! for 20 euros, its a very nice controller, but it really does not deserve the 9, rather an 7.5 - 8"

[quote name='blackbird3216']Apparently, this guy from Europe left a review on IGN:

"Bought one after reading the review, have to say its an awesome controller, the battery (1*aaa) last +/- 20 game hours, and the mapping option on it is awesome.

3)Wireless and responding real time no doubt, good stuff.

the bad things,...

1)its really small for my big hands, easy to press 3 buttons at once by mistake (yes i got a flat nintende thumb lol)

2)the rubber/plastick on the stick is allready fading away (after 20 hours of gaming) And the A B X Y are fading away completely :eek:, bad inkt ?? doh..

3)left stick wont hold it for a year in my hands -.-
theres allready less force on the left stick after 20 hours of gaming. "

Less force, and ink alreading fading away? I thought the key letters were traditinally molded into the key itself

But! for 20 euros, its a very nice controller, but it really does not deserve the 9, rather an 7.5 - 8"[/quote]

Nice. That helped make up my mind. Going to look around for a wavebird! :)

In for 1. The price actually went up a bit, to $14.44, but my employee discount brought it back down to close to the OP's price. This looks a lot cleaner than the GC controller+ext. cable my Wii's got right now. Thanks for the tip, OP!

Cool deal (thanks OP). In for 2. I'm glad someone gave this a dedicated post, I probably wouldn't have known otherwise...

Someone in the Wii forum said their estimated shipping date is after Christmas. I'm glad I ordered before this was posted here, mine is due in tomorrow!

Dell called me twice yesterday Jan 9th stating that they will ship around the middle of January. I think they were hoping I would cancel my order.

same here, they just changed the ship date from January 7th to the 14th. I'm still holding out even though I'm on the verge of jumping off the wii ship.

I got mine, and so far I've just used it for Sin and Punishment.

Controller feels nice and works well. It's much more intuitive for S&P than the Gamecube controller (without messing around with changing the buttons).

I would give it a total thumbs up, but it cut out on me twice. I'm not sure why, as I was pretty close to the Wii and it had fresh batteries. I need to spend more time with it before making a real judgment.

OOS @ Dell :whistle2:( I guess they sold out.

There is one review on Amazon for this -- 5 stars, but they are not in stock:
[Note: I linked to the listing without the review, so here is there correct one -- sorry]
http://www.amazon.com/ThrustMaster-..._7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1200001907&sr=1-7

Sort of stupid that these darn things are not really available everywhere, given they use existing off the shelf tech -- I am certain they would sell the hell out of em.

after weeks and weeks of waiting and a few calls from dell telling me its back ordered my order has finally shipped. I shoudl get it in a few days.

I got one this week from Amazon. I used Wiialerts.com and they sent me a text message when it came in stock. I ordered it and it arrived a few days later. It was $21.99 though, not the $13.59 they had at Dell.

Here are my thoughts on it:

Overall I really like it. I like the design and colors. It's responsive. I used it with Odama, which I just got, and there might be a bit of a lag, I'm not sure, cause it might be how the game plays.

It is small. My hands are about average size. The Xbox Controller S is the perfect size for me. This is a bit smaller than the Xbox Controller S. If it was any smaller it would be too small for me.

The dongle doesn't bother me, but it does turn on when it's plugged in even when the Wii is turned off (the dongle is turned on, not the controller). So I will be unplugging it when not using it.

I might get a second one if I get some coop GameCube games.

Man, they fucking cancelled mine! After weeks of listening to that damn message telling me it's backordered, and now they cancel it. This is BS.

What the hell? Dell cancelled my order without even telling me. They sure as shit made sure to call me with an automated message when it was delayed however. This sucks. I was looking forward to getting this thing.

Just got my controllers from Dell today. I haven't had time to hook one up and play it yet, but I took one out of the blister pack and it has a good feel to it. It's smaller than I'd prefer, but not too small. Even though it has its advantages (rumble, turbo, etc.), I doubt I'll like it as much as my beloved Wavebird. But since Wavebirds have gone the way of the dodo, this seems like a solid, cheaper alternative.

[quote name='letsgetacid']What the hell? Dell cancelled my order without even telling me. They sure as shit made sure to call me with an automated message when it was delayed however. This sucks. I was looking forward to getting this thing.[/quote]

if they delayed it twice and you did not call/email or even click the order status they it automatically cancels it for you, it says it all in the delay email.

my order was cancelled and they didnt even email me....happen to anyone else ???

edit: just read a few posts above me and apparently this has happ. to others...

[quote name='letsgetacid']What the hell? Dell cancelled my order without even telling me. They sure as shit made sure to call me with an automated message when it was delayed however. This sucks. I was looking forward to getting this thing.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Dell.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Funny I got both of mine. SSBB![/quote]

Has it crapped out on you or anything? Because I thought the word was that they were coming out of the gate defective, which I would assume why they're not available anywhere.

I got a notice about two times that they will be forced to cancel my order if I do not respond and accept the new delay shipping date (they delayed two times at least). they said something about regulations from the FTC, so they can't hold the order unless I accept the delay ship date. IF you DID NOT email them back (don't hit reply, they give you an email customer service address), or call them back, then your order was canceled. I can see quite a few people didn't read their emails or listened (only heard) their answering machine about the delay on their order.

Mine arrived today. I did have to email them twice to not cancel the order. Dell also called me twice to tell me about the delay. So far it works great to play Gamecube game and I love the rumble.

Just got mine today, finally, after 2 or 3 delay messages. Haven't openend it yet...and I need to buy batteries...but it looks nice, at least.

I got a notice about two times that they will be forced to cancel my order if I do not respond and accept the new delay shipping date (they delayed two times at least). they said something about regulations from the FTC, so they can't hold the order unless I accept the delay ship date. IF you DID NOT email them back (don't hit reply, they give you an email customer service address), or call them back, then your order was canceled. I can see quite a few people didn't read their emails or listened (only heard) their answering machine about the delay on their order.

That's just it though. I did respond to their email and everything; followed the instructions and everything. Guess something screwy happened :(

yes..

If you are sarcastic, do not open this:

IT plays gamecube games, everything's seems fine(i want one myself) except that the D pad and the analog stick is flipped around. Everyone seems to have a problem with the dongle, the color, and the batteries. Don't most dongles get power from the GC port? Why would this one need seperate batteries? :bomb:

[quote name='blackbird3216']yes..

If you are sarcastic, do not open this:

IT plays gamecube games, everything's seems fine(i want one myself) except that the D pad and the analog stick is flipped around. Everyone seems to have a problem with the dongle, the color, and the batteries. Don't most dongles get power from the GC port? Why would this one need seperate batteries? :bomb:
[/quote]

lol good job creators, i forgot i even made this thread i didnt even buy one myself since i have five GC controllers already lol

[quote name='blackbird3216']

Don't most dongles get power from the GC port? Why would this one need seperate batteries? :bomb:[/quote]

? I might be misunderstanding you, but the dongle does not need batteries. The battery problem is that the controller itself takes 3 AAA batteries instead of 2 AA batteries.

[quote name='crunchewy']Has anyone been able to try this controller on a Gamecube (not playing GC on Wii, playing GC on GC)? Does it work?[/quote]

I got mine today and it does NOT work with my gamecube :gc: works fine with the gamecube games on the wii but not the cube itself. Which really makes no sence since it has no Wii Specific buttons.

does this controller work with gamecube games on the wii? Is the sale dead or just out of stock.

[quote name='daft07']does this controller work with gamecube games on the wii? Is the sale dead or just out of stock.[/quote]

gee i dont know how about u read three posts above u?

[quote name='z3razerviper']
I got mine today and it does NOT work with my gamecube :gc: works fine with the gamecube games on the wii but not the cube itself. Which really makes no sence since it has no Wii Specific buttons.[/quote]

[quote name='daft07']does this controller work with gamecube games on the wii? Is the sale dead or just out of stock.[/quote]

Yes but it does not work on the gamecube itself. Even though it will plugin.

bread's done
Back