Am I being scammed through payapl?

FusionHype

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I recently sold a T-Mobile ToGo Prepaid card on ebay and the buyer sent paypal and it instantly cleared. This was about a week ago. Now I just received an email saying:
We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the
buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank
account holder.

[numbers removed]

We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until our inquiry is complete.

We are contacting you to learn more about this transaction.
Should I be worried? I sent a reply back saying that we both left feedback for each other and that I sent the code through ebay's mail messaging system so that I would not get scammed. Just wondering so I don't lose money on this transaction.

Chances are theyll get their money back because youll have no proof of online shipping and them receiving.

Youre gonna have to put up a good fight and possibly file some fraud charges if the buyer tries to pull a fast one.

Because you have no proof of delivery, Paypal will not cover you. Even though you emailed the item, Paypal requires a tracking number that shows that the item was delivered.

While it is likely you are getting scammed, it is not definite, so don't accuse the buyer of anything quite yet. I suggest you politely contact them and let them know that the funds were reversed and ask them to resend payment. That is really all there is to do if you want a chance of getting your money back.

I've seen this happen all the time on ebay and it is something paypal and ebay should look into and put a stop to it. I read the discussion forums all the time and always see people coming in saying they sold laptops and the buyer did the reverse scam. They end up without the money and their stuff is long gone.

Strangely, its not always the overseas guys. Sometimes its a regular person from the states doing it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I've seen this happen all the time on ebay and it is something paypal and ebay should look into and put a stop to it. I read the discussion forums all the time and always see people coming in saying they sold laptops and the buyer did the reverse scam. They end up without the money and their stuff is long gone.

Strangely, its not always the overseas guys. Sometimes its a regular person from the states doing it.[/quote]

Well, with something like a laptop, all the seller has to do is provide Paypal with a tracking number that proves delivery, and Paypal will pay them the money. But in this situation the item was emailed, so he has no tracking number proving delivery.

i sold my Zelda Gold DS system, last year.. it was an international buyer.. item was sent and 2 months later got hit with a charge back.. and pay pal held my funds.. and my account went negitive balance.

I kept the custom form and receipt from the post office.

and 3 weeks later.. paypal fund my money back...

usually I don't keep recipt and forms this long.. but It was a $160 items.. So i got lucky..

[quote name='Cheadyp']Well, with something like a laptop, all the seller has to do is provide Paypal with a tracking number that proves delivery, and Paypal will pay them the money. But in this situation the item was emailed, so he has no tracking number proving delivery.[/quote]

Some people are stupid and don't do delivery confirmation though, which I dont see whats so hard about doing. It costs like 75 cents for a tracking number and it allows the buyer to know when they should expect the package to show up and keeps things on the safe side for the seller if something goes wrong.

bread's done
Back