Am I in a possible scam?

Huggybear1688

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I'm kinda ticked off right now but not gonna list the user yet, I agreed to trade Gears 2 for Left 4 Dead, Sent off last week, My copy of Gears 2 was like new only played like 4 total times and disk didnt have a scratch on it, I sent it off and put bubble wrap inside the case to prevent it from disslodging during shipping like i usually do.

( I have over 200+ trades on many different trading sites combined),

Alright, the guy received it on Monday, he sent messege saying he would send by thursday or friday, now it's Thursday he sends a PM saying he tried playing Gears 2 today and noticed a crack in the disk and I'm just not believeing that, espescially when it's basically brand new and i put protection in the case, and it took him 4 days to notice a crack, now this User has not traded in over a year but he had more feedback so i sent first anyways,

I asked the guy to take a picture of the crack before sending it back to me, i will see where this winds up, before i post name and picture if he sends me one, Does this look like a scam in the making or was it possibly broke during shipment, first complaint in over 200 trades sending the same way every time.

First of all, it's pretty mature of you to hold his name and take it in a mature fashion, than lash out and start pointing fingers immediately. It takes some character. ;]

ON topic - this sounds very fishy of him saying he got it and it's all good, then a few days later noticing a crack on the disc. I'm not really sure what all you can do about it though, it's a very tough situation. There very well could be the fact it got damaged during shipping and he didn't play it until today, and it very well could be he accidentally or on purpose put the crack there to trade back.

I'd definitely contact a mod and find out what their opinion is, but I wish you good luck and wish I could offer more assistance.

it could be, he had a cracked copy and is trying to swap it out for yours, possibly, or its possible that it could have been damaged is shipping, but i doubt it.

I agree that he could have been busy and not have played it, but man I take such great care of all my games I just find it hard to believe that it would crack with all the protection it had during shipping, man I'm upset about this situation

heck if he had a crack copy all he needed to do was rent a copy from like a hollywood video or something and swap out the disc, if it's sent back to me I may have to do that

In my experience, I've had over 100 deals on trade sites, ebay, etc, and I never had an issue once with game breaking on either side, and I don't even use much protection, so it's hard for me to believe the damage was done on postal. It IS possible though, so he could be being honest about it. And then there IS lying. >_>

Ill wait for a picture before disclosing any more information, but it played perfectly for me, no freezing, or skips, online worked fine, but why wait 4 days to notice something like that, first thing i do when i get a game is open it up, make sure everything is in it, and check out this disc for scratches and cracks, with alot of trades under his belt i figured he would have done the same

[quote name='Huggybear1688']Ill wait for a picture before disclosing any more information, but it played perfectly for me, no freezing, or skips, online worked fine, but why wait 4 days to notice something like that, first thing i do when i get a game is open it up, make sure everything is in it, and check out this disc for scratches and cracks, with alot of trades under his belt i figured he would have done the same[/quote]
I do the exact thing.

I'm hoping if he does send it back that he is lying maybe he just did not like the game or something and making a excuse to send it back, he told me he would send it back and not leave any feedback for me since it was probably not my fault

I wish i could get his XBL gamertag just to be able to check if it was on his recently played list, but he has nothing on his profile

I'd tell him to give you his XBL profile name so you can see. Granted, he could have a spare, use a friends, etc. But it wouldn't hurt to try if he IS honest.
For me, I wouldn't trade back if I knew for sure that it wasn't me or the PO. I'd want proof and probably fight it a bit. But like I said, it's a very tough situation. :/

It is, I just hate it for him and me if he's telling the truth, there are things that can do to where I wouldnt be out anything much, if it's broke and he sends it back I could always just rent a copy and do the swap out trick but I just feel guilty if I have to do something like that, or go with my original plan of getting Left 4 Dead off Goozex because I am 3rd in line for it and do have enough points, but I just hate how this situation is turning out

Ive had probably 300 sales on Ebay and other places too and never broke anything in shipping so to say the least its fishy, if not unbeleivable on their end... I dont trade, i just sell something or buy something,that helps make the other person accountable...

all right im the guy he did trading with, and like i explained to him i was busy with school and work and i have done alot of trades and have a pretty good reputation why would i all of sudden pull this. i was off work today so i decided to open the game and play it, it had a crack in it so i assumed since he sent it, it would be playable. i put it in and it wasn't reading it. i sent him a picture and i'm not even getting pissed over this because it happens sometimes. not trying to scam anyone

[quote name='lbanks21']all right im the guy he did trading with, and like i explained to him i was busy with school and work and i have done alot of trades and have a pretty good reputation why would i all of sudden pull this. i was off work today so i decided to open the game and play it, it had a crack in it so i assumed since he sent it, it would be playable. i put it in and it wasn't reading it. i sent him a picture and i'm not even getting pissed over this because it happens sometimes. not trying to scam anyone[/quote]
by the way huggybear i need your email address so i can send you the picture, i already sent u a pm

Hmm, before seeing lbanks21's post. I was thinking the scamming possibility was high.
Now, seeing as he self-revealed and explained himself (not to mention great feedback) I think it may have just been a case of very bad luck for the two of you.
Huggybear1688, it sounds to me as if, regardless of the protection, USPS may have damaged the game in shipment. I hope it was insured as filing a claim seems to me to be the only way both of you make it out of this without losing something. Good luck to both of you!

Yea sounds a bit fishy.

Ive bought so many games now, and tons of them have came with no protection, just paper envelopes with the game case and disc inside, and never has one been damaged.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Ibanks, end it quick and just mail it back to him...thats it, thats the best route.[/quote]
yea im shipping it back to him, i jsut wanted to show him i'm not trying to scam him.

[quote name='lbanks21']yea im shipping it back to him, i jsut wanted to show him i'm not trying to scam him.[/quote]

Good to hear man, definitly clears your name of anything.

hell I can't make out that photo with the glare just go ahead and send it back i guess, nothing else i can do, i know 100% there was no scratches or cracks on the disk before i sent it

[quote name='Huggybear1688']hell I can't make out that photo with the glare just go ahead and send it back i guess, nothing else i can do, i know 100% there was no scratches or cracks on the disk before i sent it[/quote]
i'm not accusing you of scamming me, things happen and it probably happened during shipping. i will send it back to you and sorry that it didn't work out. i'll pm you the confirmation number

[quote name='hero101']I think you should notify the mods anyways. The more time you give this person, the more time he/she has to scam people.[/quote]

Dude, read the thread first before posting something like that.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Dude, read the thread first before posting something like that.[/quote]
I missed the 1st half of first page and saw the second posting on the 2nd page. Darn, you stealth edit let me down.

[quote name='hero101']I missed the 1st half of first page and saw the second posting on the 2nd page. Darn, you stealth edit let me down.[/quote]

No worries, happens ;)

bread's done
Back