Am I in love?

Sanosuke Sagara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just had to get this out there, and i dont care if its on CAG first. I cant stop thinkinb about this one girl i met in college. When i first met her I was just being nice, didnt see anything in it. She's not exactly my type; im sort of rebellious and up for anything and she's...well christian (im atheist btw). as in really nice, wait-till-your married type. We used to hang a lot, i guess you could say we're really good friends. When we talk I feel comfortable, the prob is when shes not there - i cant stop thinking about her for some stupid reason. Idk what it is, ive tried reasoning it out, she's totally not right for me, but i cant help it....If i tell her, things'll be awkward specially since i met a lot of ppl thru her....Anyone been in a similar situation? Is there a way to get over/out of this? I keep thinking its just a crush but she's always on my mind

Probably not in love, yet, but obviously you're a bit infatuated.

Why get her out of your mind? Any idea that she might be thinking the same thing?

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']I just had to get this out there, and i dont care if its on CAG first. I cant stop thinkinb about this one girl i met in college. When i first met her I was just being nice, didnt see anything in it. She's not exactly my type; im sort of rebellious and up for anything and she's...well christian (im atheist btw). as in really nice, wait-till-your married type. We used to hang a lot, i guess you could say we're really good friends. When we talk I feel comfortable, the prob is when shes not there - i cant stop thinking about her for some stupid reason. Idk what it is, ive tried reasoning it out, she's totally not right for me, but i cant help it....If i tell her, things'll be awkward specially since i met a lot of ppl thru her....Anyone been in a similar situation? Is there a way to get over/out of this? I keep thinking its just a crush but she's always on my mind[/quote]

If It Isn't Love....

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eqFXiW_ii5Q[/media]

Honestly, though I don't know what to say.

All I'll say is if you feel something you might be better finding out what she may or may not feel now instead of wondering about it ten years later when she is married with two kids.

Hmm. How long have you known her? You could be during the 6 month limerence period. After that, you the *zing* is gone and you don't have those types of feelings for her. If you still have feelings for her after the whole " I can't get her off of my mind" thing is gone, then you may love her.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Hmm. How long have you known her? You could be during the 6 month limerence period. After that, you the *zing* is gone and you don't have those types of feelings for her. If you still have feelings for her after the whole " I can't get her off of my mind" thing is gone, then you do love her.[/QUOTE]

Love and Infatuation are not the same thing.

Yes I know. Let me explain. Limerence is almost the exact same thing as infactuation. When I said " If you still have feelings for her after the whole " I can't get you off of my mind " thing is gone...." I was refering to limerence ( aka infatuation ). If you still have feelings for someone after limerence then you may love them.

I dont really think therse a definition of love that you need to fit in to be in love. Thats why its a classic, age old dispute over the definition of love.

Is there a reason behind pointing out both of your religious backgrounds. It seems to me that this along with your rebellious side is what is holding you back. You obviously have a crush/feelings for this girl, but you're so focused on your differences that in your head you feel this won't pan out. Opposites do attract, so I recommend you sit down with her and let her know how you feel. The worse thing that could happen is she says she just wants to be friends.

imo if it went anywhere she'd try to convert you. then you have a choice to make. Right now it isnt love but maybe it can blossom into it if you take a chance. If you want to try to get her out of your mind go do some new or different extracurricular activities and try to meet some new people.

Ok, seriously, you just need to man up and tell her. If she's interested, it works out. If she's not, no big deal. Just don't come off too strong.

Is there a tingling in your pants? If so it may be love (or an STD).

But seriously, just tell her how you feel. Stop thinking and start acting.

It really depends on how much of an Atheist you are? Would you be willing to put that aside and go to church with her? If your answer is no, then I would just move on. The chances of converting her to Atheism are as slim as the chances of your relationship working out if neither of you converts.

oh c'mon RaidenJack all of your threads are gettting crazy..... wait your telling me RaidenJack didn't make this thread? Wow what is the world coming to these days lol.

On a more serious note I think you just have a crush on her, I know how you feel but the only way to tell is to ask her out and see where it goes.

[quote name='naes']The real question is, what is love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo[/quote]

QFT

Also, its probably just an infatuation with something you cant have. Ive been there many times, and its not love. Then again who knows. Crazy shit happens all the time. I wouldnt go on CAG asking for advice first though... Just do what you feel is right and dont be a pussy.

That's infatuation my friend. The more out of reach it seems...the greater it will grow. Suck it up and tell her...either things work out or they don't and you can move on.

You can't be "buddies" with her anymore though...that's what you're going to have to give up.

Im gettin pretty much two opinions here - either try meeting new people or tell her and see what happens, but most of you are saying its prob just a crush, which is a good thing...goin bts in about a week - i guess ill see if i can man up - i know its easy for you to tell me to just tell her, but its very hard for me

If you're so rebellious, why are you pussy footing around the situation? Man up and show her how much you want her. Buy her a small cheap present and see how she accepts it. If she says "Thanks" and just goes about her business, she just likes you as a friend. If she stops everything to smile at you and makes a habit of telling friends about how thoughtful you are, you've got something. Don't rush a Christian girl and you'll have a very good girlfriend in the future. Maybe even get her to forget about waiting for marriage once in a while...

if you've got her number, call her up and talk to her, if she asks why the sudden interest in talking be like i just wanted to see whats up or something of the like..

who knows, it could be love

If you have to ask if something is love, it isn't love.

When you jerk off thinking about her, do you just go right into fucking, or do you sensualize it and make out with her in your mind first?

[quote name='dragonreborn23']It really depends on how much of an Atheist you are? Would you be willing to put that aside and go to church with her? If your answer is no, then I would just move on. The chances of converting her to Atheism are as slim as the chances of your relationship working out if neither of you converts.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say. You won't have much luck dating a Christian girl if you're atheist. Neither of you will have much tolerance for the other when it gets down to that stuff, and believe me, if you started dating somehow, it would get down to that stuff.

[quote name='depascal22']If you're so rebellious, why are you pussy footing around the situation?[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

And yeah, it a crush/infatuation thing going on here.

I don't know if I'd call that "good", either.

[quote name='deathweasel']I was gonna say. You won't have much luck dating a Christian girl if you're atheist. Neither of you will have much tolerance for the other when it gets down to that stuff, and believe me, if you started dating somehow, it would get down to that stuff.[/quote]

Wrong, unless she's very strong about her religion, women will do just about anything for money or great cock.

Now I am saying this as a Christian....

But you should go to church with her.

If you aren't willing to do so at some point, IMO, you shouldn't pursue this. The religious differences will only bring you strife.

But I think if you ask to go to church with her, she might be impressed. And you might even enjoy it. :)

[quote name='goukill1120']If you've stopped masturbating then that means you're in love.[/quote]

:rofl: That thread was classic.

[quote name='seanr1221']When you jack it thinking about her, do you not care about her right after you splooge?[/quote]

QFT - That's the ultimate test, though I think if you're friends you already have a non-sex-related relationship.

Your relationship won't work out if you're that different unless one of you wants to change or you come to some sort of compromise. Otherwise you'll be all "in love" until you burn out and hate each other.

And if you do go to church with her be sure to bring a ds or something...:p

Just fuck one of those many people you met through her, problem solved.

Crushes tend to die rather quickly when you've got somewhere else to direct your attention.

Take it as an exercise in how to listen to that tiny voice that's yelling "but such and such thing is a huge problem!!"

Too many times people get crushes and gloss over those things. Even if she ends up liking you, it's going to head for disaster later because you ignored those warning signs.

This thread reminds me of a line from Family Guy parody...

Its not that you are in love. You are in love with the thought of being in love with me.

Update: Think things changed recently; somethin happened and we're not like we used to be... Almost like she feels awkward around me and and I act awkward..I think I'm gonna try and let it go/move on/etc

Update 2 - so i dont think ill be able to let it go very easily...think im jus gna man up and tell her - i hope it goes well - thx for all the advice/hate :/

Last Update: Turns out she just saw us as just friends - looks like its time to move on - its like a weights been lifted....i dont even know how to feel really: i think im sort of happy and sort of sad

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']I just had to get this out there, and i dont care if its on CAG first. I cant stop thinkinb about this one girl i met in college. When i first met her I was just being nice, didnt see anything in it. She's not exactly my type; im sort of rebellious and up for anything and she's...well christian (im atheist btw). as in really nice, wait-till-your married type. We used to hang a lot, i guess you could say we're really good friends. When we talk I feel comfortable, the prob is when shes not there - i cant stop thinking about her for some stupid reason. Idk what it is, ive tried reasoning it out, she's totally not right for me, but i cant help it....If i tell her, things'll be awkward specially since i met a lot of ppl thru her....Anyone been in a similar situation? Is there a way to get over/out of this? I keep thinking its just a crush but she's always on my mind[/quote]
Infatuation.

[quote name='pittpizza']You need to get all up inside that fuck.[/quote]

You need to get all up inside that fuck?

It's bitch sensored now?

bread's done
Back