Am I really this retarded? [help with component please!]

Diiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
A while back I posted this thread when I was trying to get my X360 hooked up to my TV. Months later the 360 is gone but I still have the TV. I has purchased the funky adapters and used my X360 component cables to hook up the 360 and it looked great. I finally went and purchased component cables for the PS2 (Rocketfish was the only brand I could find locally). I have everything hooked up but I can only get audio and no picture.

I set the PS2 settings to try and make it work but nothing I do seems to get me a picture. Any ideas?

I was going to suggest checking that your video settings are correct, but you've already done that. I'm assuming that you were using composite beforehand and there were no issues? So, I dunno, bad cable maybe? Loose jack into the PS2?

I brought it into the other room and was using it fine with composite. Im really not sure what it could be... driving me nuts.

Try holding down Triangle and X simultaneously as the PS2 boots.

It is an older fix to a similar problem, but it is worth trying.

[quote name='Starky27']I was going to suggest checking that your video settings are correct, but you've already done that. I'm assuming that you were using composite beforehand and there were no issues? So, I dunno, bad cable maybe? Loose jack into the PS2?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was going to suggest the settings also. You're using composite cables then changing the setting on the PS2 to component and then switching the cable to component? Other thing would be to make sure the wires are all connected to the right color. Are you getting any sound?

bread's done
Back