Am I the only Loser....

sunbound

CAGiversary!
(I know I'm not the only loser)but... am I the only one who has had their 360 since launch day, and still has an empty friendslist?

I'm the only one who i know that has a 360, let alone an XBOX.

list some games you have to spur some peoples interest

also, there was at least 2 threads about friends lists/live accounts for making games in recent history here.

OK, I've added my XBL username....

I guess Iwasnt really complaining... I was just curious...

Sorry, I didnt find the other threads about this same topic.

dude I don't care if anyone adds me or not.. If I see people on playing a game I'm playing.. I'll invite or try to get into the same room as you all

Too bad there isnt a tool that you can look at online, that you can use to tell who is playing what...

Example... All members of CAG that have XBL, the site would say DJSteel as playing Gears of War, and orntar is playing madden, etc....

anyone know of something like this?

again, I dont have anyone on my friendslist, so I dont know if it does this when you log on, or what....

it would be cool to have a broader tool, but yes once you login to live or the xbox web site it tells you how many friends are online. once you go to your friends list it tells you what they are playing and status in the game.

[quote name='sunbound'](I know I'm not the only loser)but... am I the only one who has had their 360 since launch day, and still has an empty friendslist?

I'm the only one who i know that has a 360, let alone an XBOX.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Only 1 of my real life friends have XBL but I still have 50+ people on my friends list.

[quote name='orntar']it would be cool to have a broader tool, but yes once you login to live or the xbox web site it tells you how many friends are online. once you go to your friends list it tells you what they are playing and status in the game.[/quote]

what is a "broader tool"?

[quote name='sunbound']what is a "broader tool"?[/quote]

i just mean something (a program, or built in to the xbox) where you can filter friends to groups or just see people playing game "X". that kind of thing.

i guess the point is, yes you can see everything a friend on live is doing or not doing.

Just start posting here and people will add you. I've got zero real world friends with an Xbox 360 (or any game console for that matter) but I've got a fairly large friends list. Too bad my 360 has been out of commission for a week or so - it's being repaired by MS right now.

For real, some people I play with on Live are even cooler than the non-Live friends I have. I'd say I have about 4-5 friends I hang out with on Live, the rest (except for a handful) are CAGs and I'm up to 97 on the friends list. Even when you play a game with someone cool, don't be reluctant to send a friend request.

[quote name='sunbound'](I know I'm not the only loser)but... am I the only one who has had their 360 since launch day, and still has an empty friendslist?

I'm the only one who i know that has a 360, let alone an XBOX.[/quote]
Nope... I had one or two for a while, but otherwise I'm pretty much in the same boat. The major portion of my multiplayer gaming has been offline, since I'm the only one (of my RL friends) with a 360. And yes, I am an antisocial hermit, thank you very much :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']Just start posting here and people will add you. I've got zero real world friends with an Xbox 360 (or any game console for that matter) but I've got a fairly large friends list. Too bad my 360 has been out of commission for a week or so - it's being repaired by MS right now.[/QUOTE]

is it still free(prepayed box)

Don't think that you are a loser...and that's not because I only have 2 people on my friends list. It's not a big deal to me, and neither are the Achievements. I'm a pretty hard core gamer, but to each our own. None of my real life friends have a 360 nor are they gamers outside of Tecmo Football, Golden Tee at the bars, NHL hockey on the Genesis.... Anyhow, you may be a loser though, but not for this.

OP is Anti Social even on Xbox Live.

...and...

What a loser. Doesnt have online video game friends, ha!

Piss...the fuck...off.

Look, OP, there's no shame having an empty Friends List. It doesn't imply that you're "anti-social" (in fact, it could arguably connotate that you're actually more social in the REAL WORLD). Not everyone gaming is a petulant teen or obsessive gaming clan member (or both) that centers their nights around getting online to give people like you and I shit and to feel validated by "owning" us. I have about a baker's dozen people on my Friends List and you know how many of them I've gamed with since the initial invite?* That's right, you guessed it. They do make nice annoyances when their "online" status pops up on the screen at the worst possible moment, though!

So, yeah, I should delete the lot of 'em, I suppose. A healthily-populated Friends List can be nice, but it can also lead to you having to turn down a lot of invites and consequently the inviters wrongly feeling spurned. Like real-life friends, choose carefully.

EDIT: OK, I've added my XBL username....

You sure you want to do this? Honestly, at least half of the users on gaming boards are exactly the kind of people I want to avoid. You should figure out who you respect and then maybe contact them through PM. But as you can see, it's "Dipshits Ahoy!" on the e-seas.

*--About two-thirds of them are from a site I registered at over a year ago and have hardly visited since the initial week.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Look, OP, there's no shame having an empty Friends List. It doesn't imply that you're "anti-social" (in fact, it could arguably connotate that you're actually more social in the REAL WORLD). Not everyone gaming is a petulant teen or obsessive gaming clan member (or both) that centers their nights around getting online to give people like you and I shit and to feel validated by "owning" us. I have about a baker's dozen people on my Friends List and you know how many of them I've gamed with since the initial invite?* That's right, you guessed it. They do make nice annoyances when their "online" status pops up on the screen at the worst possible moment, though!

So, yeah, I should delete the lot of 'em, I suppose. A healthily-populated Friends List can be nice, but it can also lead to you having to turn down a lot of invites and consequently the inviters wrongly feeling spurned. Like real-life friends, choose carefully.[/QUOTE]

Wow, alot of anger!

I'm not a petulant teen or an obsessive gaming clan member. I also don't play videogames much besides the occasional 7 hour bender when I get something that really sucks me in.

It sounds you need to either pick your friends better or just cancel your XBL account if it gets under your skin that badly.

You do know you can turn off friend notications, right?

Like I posted earlier, I only have one real life friend who has XBL but a full friends list and I have none of the issues you have.

I only send invites to people that I play with for awhile and seem cool.

If later on they send me an invite and I don't feel like playing they'll just get a simple no thanks in response. Nobody feels spurned, no e-hearts are broken.

If they turn out to be an idiot 16 year old who loves to spam his friend's list with messages from Halo 2 despite the fact I sent them a message back that I don't have Halo 2, then I just remove them from my friend's list. They don't even notice half the time and I don't have to put up with ton of crappy messages.

Stop being a INTERNET.SERIOUS.BUSINESS guy and just enjoy the service for what it is.

So, you'll call me out for calling out the real dickheads here? Sigh. The ref always catches the retaliatory punch, doesn't he?

[quote name='sunbound']Too bad there isnt a tool that you can look at online, that you can use to tell who is playing what...

Example... All members of CAG that have XBL, the site would say DJSteel as playing Gears of War, and orntar is playing madden, etc....

anyone know of something like this?

again, I dont have anyone on my friendslist, so I dont know if it does this when you log on, or what....[/quote]

yeah you can just look sign on xbox.com you can see and ad friends or if you use MSN messenger you can see whos online thur that

[quote name='jollydwarf']So, you'll call me out for calling out the real dickheads here? Sigh. The ref always catches the retaliatory punch, doesn't he?[/quote]

pretty sure pimpinc333 and Eastsidecraker were joking.

[quote name='jollydwarf']So, you'll call me out for calling out the real dickheads here? Sigh. The ref always catches the retaliatory punch, doesn't he?[/QUOTE]

Let's see they were probably joking and you were basically frothing at the mouth.

Yeah, why didn't I jump on your side?

Maybe they were joking (and I thought about the possibility, but didn't see sufficient evidence of this), maybe they weren't, but the sad truth is that there are a lot of antagonists out there that either actually mean that sort of thing or at least want you to think they mean it to get a rise out of people.

So on that second count, I guess they can throw up the "Mission Accomplished" banner.

[quote name='Sporadic']Let's see they were probably joking and you were basically frothing at the mouth.

Yeah, why didn't I jump on your side?[/quote]
he's just the troll of the week (along with the guy making the PS3 suxxorz thread) ignore him.

Meh, I only have one person on my friends list, and it's just some random person I ended up playing UNO with for an hour or so one night. I don't think we've been online at the same time since.

I rarely play on Live anyway, so it's not a big deal.

I go through cycles, sometimes its 80+ then I'll drop to single digits. Often, I don't have more than 25 and those are mostly for Friends Leaderboards.

bread's done
Back