Am I too late for MGO beta? I just got the preorder DVD today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESmonkey

CAGiversary!
I know it ends may 5, but somehow it was extended to may 11th. But registration ended may 5, or may 11?

If I'm too late for the beta, I'd rather keep my MGO preorder sealed in order to preserve it's collectiveness :D

I'm pretty sure the download code stopped working the fifth. So that would be yes, you are too late.

Yep
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that your MGO Beta UPVCs will only be valid up until May 5th 2008, so please make sure to register them by then.

Don't sweat it too much, the actual release is just about 4 weeks away. I was underwhelmed by the MGO beta (but don't take my word for it, just didn't seem like my cup of tea)

[quote name='QiG']Don't sweat it too much, the actual release is just about 4 weeks away. I was underwhelmed by the MGO beta (but don't take my word for it, just didn't seem like my cup of tea)[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I played the original MGO for PS2 and didn't really care much for it, but my roommate started raving about all the new stuff it had even though he never played the game. He played for all of an hour before he stopped. I don't really like the game, but harassing people on my team the whole game is majorly fun for me. I know I am an ass for doing it but it makes me happy.

I just thought it was really slow. I understand it's a stealth game, but come on. I was all hyped to play it, hopped on for about an hour, and then went back to playing CoD4.

[quote name='Gamehead']Ditto. I played the original MGO for PS2 and didn't really care much for it, but my roommate started raving about all the new stuff it had even though he never played the game. He played for all of an hour before he stopped. I don't really like the game, but harassing people on my team the whole game is majorly fun for me. I know I am an ass for doing it but it makes me happy.[/quote]

You are an ass.

I just thought it was really slow. I understand it's a stealth game, but come on. I was all hyped to play it, hopped on for about an hour, and then went back to playing CoD4.

It's supposed to be slow, and it punishes people for playing the game like COD4.

MGO looks boring, but I'll still jump on the bandwagon just b/c everyone else will. Except for Wii Fit, now that looks like garbage

The beta was a trainwreck. I registered before the Beta began, so naturally, I had version 1.0. They updated to 1.2, but before I could do that, it said I needed to upgrade to 1.1. Every time I tried, via HTTP or peer-to-peer to update, it didn't work, so screw it.

Yeah you aren't really missing too much. I was a little disappointed.

Then again I guess it just isn't my cup o' tea.

Hopefully you will dig it more than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back