Amazing arcade cab haul

thetruelokre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I don't know if many here are into arcade cabinetry, but i was able to get all of the following:

2 dyamo 19 inch cabinets, one with working monitor
1 neo geo 6 slot cabinet with working monitor
1 neo geo 4 slot "neo 19" candy cabinet with monitor that needs repair
1 working galaxian with new monitor

2 neo geo 6 slot motherboards with audio issues (easy fixes)
1 neo geo 4 slot board that has ram issues (easy fix)

all that for $500...to put it inperspective, that galaxian could easily fetch 500 alone.

not a bad haul, thought i would brag...summer projects for me and my best friend were worth the 4 hour drive to the middle of nowhere

Damn; did you have to rent a U-Haul or something?

If it was a four hour drive, I assume you were picking them all up at once

aye, we rented a uhaul trailer...was like playing tetris with huuuuuuuuge pieces. It was kind of nuts having to unload the trailer at the storage unit we're using as a makeshift workshop for the time being.

we are third shifters so we went straight after work to the middle of nowhere kentucky where a collector was getting out of "the game", though he did have a killer tmnt pinball table i lusted after.

wow what a haul. how much was all of this? i'd love to own cabs but ive no room for them. plus i dont wanna drive hundreds of miles just to get one. i know theres freight services but i'd rather do it myself.

Damn. Really really nice haul. I'm willing to bet you are on the West Coast. I've never seen a candy cab near NYC. I've been trying to score an empty Taito for close to a year now with no luck. I've got 2 projects to finish this summer though so I'm plenty busy. I also have no more room in my house! Let's see some pics.

^I second that motion for pics.

Best (and only)arcade deal I ever had was when I got 2 candy cabs off craigslist for $170. One was only an empty shell, so that's why the price was cheap.

would you all believe I'm in Louisville KY? went to damn near the middle of the state into places I didn't know existed. This guy was starting to get out of neo-geo collecting and wanted to empty his living room at the same time.

I'll be posting some pics here friday, we're going to spend the afternoon cleaning these things and finding out what we really need to do to em

You should have just smashed them on the head and stole the stuff properly! But seriously, sweet pick-ups. And I would love to see pics, too!

didn't have a chance to get pics today, but i'll have some this week...did manage to pickup some cleaning supplies and should be able to get started soon

Great Googley Moogley! Nice haul.

I would kill for a Neo Geo Cab. I almost bought a 4 slot on Ebay years ago and it was more than $500.

Ok, here's some pics of the cabs before i bought them, i'm going to get some more done soon, but this weekend i was beyond tired and didn't get a chance to really work on them. Oh yea, sorry if anyone is on the dialup =/

the six slot cab:
salest002.jpg

the empty blue dynamo:
morenmore001.jpg

the galaxian:
GalaxianFront.jpg

and finally my baby, the candy cab:
neomini.jpg

going to get some better pics done soon, but since there was a demand, i figured i would post what i have heh

Wow that is a seriously nice Galaxian. I just picked up a converted Taito this morning - $100 and everything works except the monitor needs to be capped. It came with some game called Trivia Whiz (and the guy included the "adult" roms as well! LOL!) I'm probably going to part it out and restore the cabinet as a MAME machine.

bread's done
Back