Amazon 10 Days Of FREE!! Games

IPlay4Fun

Banned
Amazon is offering a freebie game download each day for the next ten days. If the first game -- Chicken Invaders 2 -- is any indication, these games will be of the "casual" variety, so don't expect massive discounts on AAA PC games. But free stuff is free stuff! Be sure to check back each day for a new game.

Its on Day 8 right now so enjoy these games.
Bonus Freebie

Big Kahuna Reef THANKS TO we3jesters

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this earlier in the thread but Sandlot games offers a new free game each week with games of the same type Amazon is offering. They update Mondays and so there is now a new free game there

Sandlot Games Free Game of the Week
Currently: Westward II Heroes of the Frontier (has good reviews on Amazon)
http://www.sandlotgames.com/w5/all_games/free_game_of_the_week.html

Note: You will need to register an account but for a free game each week it is worth it. They do try to tempt you into buying a backup CD of the game for $7.99. But you just select the option for no backup CD and the price is $0.00. You don't need to enter any payment info or anything.

how are they doing this? Seems weird theyre giving free games...

im also concerned about the 'amazon game downloader' whats that crap? Why do i need to install some suspicious software on my computer just to d.load a game?

[quote name='Kenshindono']how are they doing this? Seems weird theyre giving free games...[/QUOTE]

For the most part, these games are several years old and have had numerous sequels. They probably haven't been selling for a while now, and giving the first game in a series away means increased sales for the sequels.

[quote name='aem']I posted this earlier in the thread but Sandlot games offers a new free game each week with games of the same type Amazon is offering. They update Mondays and so there is now a new free game there

Sandlot Games Free Game of the Week
Currently: Westward II Heroes of the Frontier (has good reviews on Amazon)
http://www.sandlotgames.com/w5/all_games/free_game_of_the_week.html

Note: You will need to register an account but for a free game each week it is worth it. They do try to tempt you into buying a backup CD of the game for $7.99. But you just select the option for no backup CD and the price is $0.00. You don't need to enter any payment info or anything.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! You can't beat free games. :applause:

I picked up luxor and will get diner dash. I've seen that one on steam and it seems mildly entertaining.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Diner Dash is pretty fun. I have it on my HTC EVO. Well the second one anyway.[/QUOTE]
i like them all

i'm glad they put in diner dash... i can't remember where i played it before. maybe it was #2

[quote name='Kenshindono']how are they doing this? Seems weird theyre giving free games...

im also concerned about the 'amazon game downloader' whats that crap? Why do i need to install some suspicious software on my computer just to d.load a game?[/QUOTE]

There is really nothing to be concerned about, just DON'T D.LOAD the free games. Go to amazon.com and look at the sale, then close your browser window. Bam! No issues at all! Really people, if your worried about software just don't install it. Then there is nothing to worry about.

[quote name='Kenshindono']how are they doing this? Seems weird theyre giving free games...

im also concerned about the 'amazon game downloader' whats that crap? Why do i need to install some suspicious software on my computer just to d.load a game?[/QUOTE]
Download managers from world renown companies are suspicious?

[quote name='Sondast']Download managers from world renown companies are suspicious?[/QUOTE]

I heard people talking about this thing called Steam...

sounds like some kinda trojan virus thing if you ask me.

[quote name='Afflicted']I heard people talking about this thing called Steam...

sounds like some kinda trojan virus thing if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
yes!
It's not like Steam won a GDC Pioneer Award last year or anything..what could be the odds for that!

Anyways, what company names a program after a gas from vaporized water?
Steam sounds dangerous because it could vaporize my computer!

Wow, those customers in Diner Dash get PO'd quick! Even on the first level. May be a "casual" game but definatly not a calm one.

Oh, and one of the reviewers on Amazon said it crashed their Vista system. I'm running Win7 32 and no problems so far.

Yeh
i am on level 10 now
i been screwing up the last 2
and when i mean screwing up, i mean i have not been getting the perfect stars
=/

lmao
level 10 = 20,000 to get Perfect
:O

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Thanks for the info! You can't beat free games. :applause:[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I beat 2 of them this week alone. :lol:

Early on they were giving away Big Kahuna Reef free for installing the downloader. Basically "install our software, get this free" and I bit. It's not a huge deal and it does make DLing games off of Amazon really easy and groups them together in one folder automatically. As has been mentioned, this kind of thing drives people to look for sequels, other games, etc. If you give away 10K games that weren't selling anymore and it drives a quarter of the people to buy a sequel or 2, what have they lost?

FYI i was charged for 2 of the free games by amazon. i didnt know i was being charged because i had promotional credit and it still showed 0.00 at checkout. So check your promotional credits to make sure they are still intact.

[quote name='Sondast']Download managers from world renown companies are suspicious?[/QUOTE]

pointless is more like it. I dont see the need for one. Why cant i just d.load the file? I hate installing bloatware BS on my computer

i actually got dinner dash but didn't d.load it yet because id ont really feel like installing a program just to do so

[quote name='cRodz']OP has been temporarily banned

Mods ruin a thread once again[/QUOTE]

hmm anyone know why?

Yeah man, Amazon sure is suspicious. It must be one of those new scam sites.

And also,

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Also, from what I've tried, you can uninstall the Amazon installer and the games work completely independent from it. So really not much of a problem in my opinion, just have to reinstall if you DL another game from them.

One of the reasons I had switched from Steam.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the OP was banned for a scam he posted in the deals forum late last night/early this morning. Something about him running a contest if 5 people joined and the winner got to choose two free games from his collection. The scam part was that he required people to click on a referral link. Don't know why someone who seems on the up and up would do something like that. Anyways, so the mods didn't ruin the thread. The OP posted in this thread after his whole scam post, so it doesn't really look like he was hacked or anything, but who knows?

Odd. It's clearly the free game of the day. The price is 0.00 and the latest customer review reflects it, but the button to buy/claim it has text reading "Unavailable This item is currently unavailable." Guess I'll try back later. Or not, since it seems pretty awful. Might be handy to let the kids play some day, I don't know.

[quote name='DPsycho']Odd. It's clearly the free game of the day. The price is 0.00 and the latest customer review reflects it, but the button to buy/claim it has text reading "Unavailable This item is currently unavailable." Guess I'll try back later. Or not, since it seems pretty awful. Might be handy to let the kids play some day, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I think this is an issue with the game download center and not just this game. I picked up the game earlier this morning w/o a problem and it shows up as "You purchased this item..." when I view the Amazon page for it, but when I go to my "games download" page it says "service is not currently available" and I can't see ANY of my games.

[quote name='Kenshindono']pointless is more like it. I dont see the need for one. Why cant i just d.load the file? I hate installing bloatware BS on my computer

i actually got dinner dash but didn't d.load it yet because id ont really feel like installing a program just to do so

[/QUOTE]

If you were downloading a 10GB+ game and your connection was interrupted at the 9GB mark would you really be ok with starting the download over again?

bread's done
Back