Amazon: 2 Anime DVDs for $20

Any suggestions from that list? I have always wanted to get into Anime, but I have never had a really good source to separate the good from the bad.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Any suggestions from that list? I have always wanted to get into Anime, but I have never had a really good source to separate the good from the bad.[/quote]

If you want something you can easily jump into, give GTO or Trigun a try. After that, try Serial Experiments: Lain, Captain Herlock, or Heatguy J.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='chickenhawk']Any suggestions from that list? I have always wanted to get into Anime, but I have never had a really good source to separate the good from the bad.[/quote]

If you want something you can easily jump into, give GTO or Trigun a try. After that, try Serial Experiments: Lain, Captain Herlock, or Heatguy J.[/quote]

Thanks for the input. Now.....do I take the plunge and spend more money??? :whistle2:k

If you want to start an anime collection. The cheapest thing to do is buy box sets. For example, you are buying vol1 and 2 for 20 dollars but if you look around you can get the whole set for 20-40(some times the good ones are 80-120)

Right now i have maison ikkou a 3 dvd set for 17.99. (This is an old anime worth quite a bit.)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6354011331&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

usually just search ebay, you'll get cheaper prices.

I thought the complete Reign set for $40 sounded good, but DDD has the boxset for only $24. We have a winner. :shock:

Lupin the 3rd is also very good if you like anime with an extremely 70s feel. It's basically the story of Lupin and his gang going around stealing awesome stuff in awesome ways.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='chickenhawk']Any suggestions from that list? I have always wanted to get into Anime, but I have never had a really good source to separate the good from the bad.[/quote]

If you want something you can easily jump into, give GTO or Trigun a try. After that, try Serial Experiments: Lain, Captain Herlock, or Heatguy J.[/quote]

Goddam I hated lain so much, go for evangelion its at a godlike level when it comes to anime, people rioted in japan when the ending wasnt to there liking, the spray painted buildings and wrote hate mail. Truely an amazing anime.

As far as Artimage III goes, grab the 4 part OVA instead. The movie is a shrunk down rehashed OVA with new voices, the OVA has much more and is only 17 bucks or so.

bread's done
Back