Amazon: 24 Season 8 $19.99 DVD

Not as nice as the shortly-after-release $12.99 price that Season 7 went for at Target, but I suppose this is good enough to bite on rather than wait. Now I can finish up the series and sell the whole shebang on eBay when I'm done with it. Thanks, OP!

I picked this up on blu ray for 19.99 a few weeks back. Do yourself a favor and save your money, I cant get past episode two. The acting and script are atrocious.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I picked this up on blu ray for 19.99 a few weeks back. Do yourself a favor and save your money, I cant get past episode two. The acting and script are atrocious.[/QUOTE]

i would say its standard fare for 24, Jack screaming, Chole condescending, and the rest of the cast acting like their on a soap opera LOL. i picked it up at target this week (also 19.99) and if you still have it i would say keep watching. im about halfway through and like most seasons of 24 it def gets better as it goes.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I picked this up on blu ray for 19.99 a few weeks back. Do yourself a favor and save your money, I cant get past episode two. The acting and script are atrocious.[/QUOTE]

Season 7 was great. It looked like the change of scenery really helped. I was really excited for Season 8 and it just wasn't even close. The secondary characters were terrible and on screen way too long. The returning characters didn't seem the same. It was a real bad way for that series to go out. I only made it about half way through.

Im worried about the reviews by fans about this season but i did buy it anyway cause im a huge 24 fan and i wanna complete my collectionbut i will say this after season 5 (which is my personal favorite season of the show) the seasons afterwards were a let down not to say bad in a way but just doesnt live up to the the greatness that Day 5 left

[quote name='GOTA']Season 7 was great. It looked like the change of scenery really helped. I was really excited for Season 8 and it just wasn't even close. The secondary characters were terrible and on screen way too long. The returning characters didn't seem the same. It was a real bad way for that series to go out. I only made it about half way through.[/QUOTE]
Your loss. It's a pretty universal opinion that the first half of S8 is disappointing (due largely to one certain new character's sideplot). The second half is some of the best 24 has ever done. Some of my favorite scenes in the whole series are from the latter half of Season 8.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I think the major problem with 24 is that it couldn't top S5.

Hard to top the President being the villian.
[/QUOTE]

I'll see your president villain and raise you a dead guy villain:

image_1.jpg

BTW, I don't think you really need to spoiler tag a 5 year old season.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'll see your president villain and raise you a dead guy villain:

image_1.jpg

BTW, I don't think you really need to spoiler tag a 5 year old season.[/QUOTE]

I always err on the side of spoiler tags. Not everybody does everything day one.

And Tony should have stayed dead. Imagine if they had done it to David Palmer...Keep dead people dead.

bread's done
Back