Amazon $87.57 HRAP - Xbox 360 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE Joystick

raiser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:360: Real Arcade Pro. EX-SE by Hori
4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (16 customer reviews)
List Price: $139.99
Price: $87.57 & eligible for free shipping
You Save: $52.42 (37%)

For you fighter/arcade fans, this thing is dreamy.

Edit: Bonus $5 MP3 downloads.... For those that care.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diishen']Damn I wish there was a PS3 one, good find though![/QUOTE]

Your wish is my command, just add a $10 service fee and substandard parts
(not sanwa/seimitsu) But you can upgrade the stick/ buttons yourself.
Kinda defeats the deal. But still a great stick.

Price: $97.92 Playstation 3 Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick

Disclaimer: I own this stick, modded with Sanwa and to work on my 360.
You would be MUCH better off buying the 360 stick and dual-modding it to PS3 for under $40.

BOTH sticks work with PC out of the box.
Why in this day and age we can't get universal controller compatibility for $100+ is yet another story.

I seriously wish I would have left the office before I saw this, but NoooOOOOoooooo, I just had to check the deals page first. So tempted.

You know, whenever I get a stick with Seimitsu parts, I always think about swapping them with Sanwa--or vice-versa.

Damn!! I just paid $120 for this 6 weeks ago from Das Cheap.

I highly recommend getting it if you're debating!!

damn i kinda wanna bite for ps3 since i have a stick for 360, how does it compare to the TE?

Excellent stick. I actually prefer it over my TE. I wasn't a fan of the stock Seimitsu buttons though, replaced them with PS-14-KN's, most people won't even notice a difference.

If you're on the fence, go for it. It's an amazing stick that got overlooked big time.

This is a great stick for classic games (pac-man), 2D shooters and the like. Probably also good for fighting games but I wouldn't know as I don't play those. Note that you can open it up and actually switch the stick to 4-way mode, which is awesome for pac-man CE and other 4-way stick arcade games.

The price of the EX-SE keeps rising and dropping. Today it's up to $91.54 or something like that. Still a great price on a great stick. I bought one last week when it was $90 something from Amazon. Probably the best stick out of the box for shump fans.

The stick has quick disconnects so you can swap on the buttons pretty easily. The stick though has wires solder to it (due to the stick being non-common ground) so it's a little more cumbersome to swtich out joysticks. The weird thing with the Seimitsu LS-32 is that it has two restrictor gates (a light blue and a dark blue). With both on, the stick has a almost circular feel to it. If you remove the dark blue gate, you get a square feel.

[quote name='raiser']Your wish is my command, just add a $10 service fee and substandard parts
(not sanwa/seimitsu) But you can upgrade the stick/ buttons yourself.
Kinda defeats the deal. But still a great stick.

Price: $97.92 Playstation 3 Real Arcade Pro. 3 Fighting Stick
[/QUOTE]

Actually the HRAP3 has a sanwa joystick, but hori buttons (which are okay if you're not hardcore about arcade sticks). The joystick does feel different though than one you can buy in a shop even though it is a JLF.

[quote name='superdry'] Today it's up to $91.54 or something like that. Still a great price on a great stick.

Actually the HRAP3 has a sanwa joystick, but hori buttons (which are okay if you're not hardcore about arcade sticks). The joystick does feel different though than one you can buy in a shop even though it is a JLF.[/QUOTE]

Honestly the average user won't notice the diff between Sanwa, Seimitsu or Hori buttons. Just saying. If you are a Street Fighter purist you "might" though. Your better off dual-modding than upgrading the buttons IMHO. And if you choose to Dual-mod you are better off with the Xbox 360 version due to the proprietary MS chip.

That is correct, Sanwa Stick! My oversight. The difference in "feel" may be the gate. I also have a Hori EX2 stick (all Hori parts) and just adding a JLF octagon gate to it made a huge difference in "feel." I don't recall which gate the HRAP3 comes with, but I am pretty sure it's the square, not Octagon.

For those not in the know, Square gates are more common in JP, and Octagon are more common in US. Although the most common sticks in US arcade cabinets are probably Happ FWIW, and I'm pretty sure from experience that would be a bitch to swap Happ into these cases.

This is getting far to technical for CAGS I'm sure.
Bottom line, buy the stick!

bread's done
Back