Amazon: 8GB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo for $57

For those with a Fry's Electronics in their area, this week they have the 8GB Sony MS for $55. Not thread crapping, just offering an alternative for those who are impatient like me.

Not to mention, every Sandisk product I've ever bought (memory card, MP3 player, etc) has crapped out in under 3 months. The Memory Sticks I have of theirs drop out, freeze my PC, and/or randomly corrupt themselves...

Never had that issue with Sony... sure the Sandisks may be cheaper on paper, but my experience is they're incredibly unreliable...

Good question about the CFW, I've heard of slow reading issues with 4gb/8gb cards-- has that been fixed without the need to mess with patching/etc? (I've seen the patch to hack in 3.71's memory stick reader)

[quote name='Justin42']Not to mention, every Sandisk product I've ever bought (memory card, MP3 player, etc) has crapped out in under 3 months. The Memory Sticks I have of theirs drop out, freeze my PC, and/or randomly corrupt themselves...

Never had that issue with Sony... sure the Sandisks may be cheaper on paper, but my experience is they're incredibly unreliable...

Good question about the CFW, I've heard of slow reading issues with 4gb/8gb cards-- has that been fixed without the need to mess with patching/etc? (I've seen the patch to hack in 3.71's memory stick reader)[/quote]

Must be really bad luck on your side. I've own several Sony and Sandisks cards, and the Sandisks have always been better than the Sony cards.

Yeah, I would say that's simply some bad luck, unfortunately. I always recommend SanDisk when it comes to flash memory. Not only are their products great, but they have an excellent warranty, as well.

I've had both Sony and Sandisk and had no problems with either ever. I've heard horror stories on both sides but I wouldn't worry too much if you're buying them retail.

[quote name='Justin42']Not to mention, every Sandisk product I've ever bought (memory card, MP3 player, etc) has crapped out in under 3 months. The Memory Sticks I have of theirs drop out, freeze my PC, and/or randomly corrupt themselves...

Good question about the CFW, I've heard of slow reading issues with 4gb/8gb cards-- has that been fixed without the need to mess with patching/etc? (I've seen the patch to hack in 3.71's memory stick reader)[/quote]

Hmmm, my Sony-brand MS Pro Duo just crapped out on me, while my SanDisk is still going strong.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, I would say that's simply some bad luck, unfortunately. I always recommend SanDisk when it comes to flash memory. Not only are their products great, but they have an excellent warranty, as well.[/quote]

...and, according to a study put together by GameStop a few years back, the SanDisk cards actually have significantly faster read and write when compared to similar SONY cards.

[quote name='AwRy108']...and, according to a study put together by GameStop a few years back, the SanDisk cards actually have significantly faster read and write when compared to similar SONY cards.[/quote]

Yes, indeed.

[quote name='buckythekat']this is a DOTD?

just seems like them messing around with the price, nothing I've seen points to this being today only[/QUOTE]

It's been at this price all week, and it is not listed as a DOTD.

bought mine. coming august 6th apparently. to think that my 3 year old Sandisk "Gamer" 1 gigabyte memory stick was around the same price.

[quote name='Murdoc']bought mine. coming august 6th apparently. to think that my 3 year old Sandisk "Gamer" 1 gigabyte memory stick was around the same price.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing, except I bought the 1 GB at $100....and then I bought the 4 GB at $100....

bread's done
Back