Amazon 99 cent Release Date Delivery

drumstick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this could be considered a deal or not, but apparently Amazon is offering Release Date Delivery for video game pre orders for 99 cents. I had about 4 pre orders on amazon already and i just received email for each saying they are offering the 99 cent release date deal for them. I guess this would be great for some of you who already have pre oders and want cheap day one delivery. I already have prime so this was useless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received this as well. Either I am blind (likely) or I am going about finding the option incorrectly...

*UPDATE* I See it when I add a new item, maybe I'll just toss a request over to Customer Service.

Don't know why they sent me these emails. I have Prime and release date delivery is free. Good deal for those who don't have prime

[quote name='jughead']Oh, I just assumed this was for prime users... Nice! I still have release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

Thats what i thought to when i first read the email. Weird that they sent this email to prime users.

I also got emails for LBP2:CE and COD:BO. I immediately changed both to release date delivery and the $.99 wasn't reflected in the on-screen price display so I shot 'em an email. They said that it wouldn't display as $.99 'til it shipped. Let's hope "release date delivery" doesn't mean "three days after the game comes out" like some of the M:OM problems people've had. Or let's hope it does since those folks were credited 435893940493089504 dollars. Either way.

[quote name='reddjoey']Don't know why they sent me these emails. I have Prime and release date delivery is free. Good deal for those who don't have prime[/QUOTE]

are you on a trial of prime?

Thanks OP. I rechanged my orders since my release day shipping prices didn't revert to the new ones. I had to switch it off and then put it back on to reflect the new price.

For others, I am not a prime user and I can get the .99 price.

[quote name='seanr1221']I have prime and got the same emails.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I had already selected Release Date Delivery for Dead Rising 2, but they still sent me an email. Weird stuff...

I selected release day delivery for Dead Rising 2 (I have prime) and didn't receive an e-mail for it; however, I got an e-mail for Fable III saying I could get release day for 99 cents because I had selected 2-day free Prime delivery.

If you already had paid the extra money for "Release Date Shipping" like I had for Halo: Reach. Go change the shipping to free shipping, then back to Release Date shipping. THis will move it from the $5.99 to the $.99 offer.

The only email I had was from my Fable 3 and that was because it was on "Free Shipping"

I just got the e-mails also. I already have Prime but this is nice for the one's that don't.

I thought at first they were going to start charging Prime members for it, but I changed all my orders to release day shipping, and the price never increased.

[quote name='reddjoey']Don't know why they sent me these emails. I have Prime and release date delivery is free. Good deal for those who don't have prime[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have Prime and this confused me. I had to double check to be sure they were not charging Prime customers .99 for shipping.

Is this only for specific games? I don't have anything preordered but along with coupons, it would seal my decision to get Dead Rising 2 and a few others @ Amazon if I could do this...

How about movies?

I have Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-Ray (with Digital Copy) since months ago... just $49.90!

My order is currently with FSSS...

[quote name='Jhuntley']I didn't get one of these for my Kingdom Hearts preorder.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts BBS and a Deadpool action figure (which should've been released on 9/1) with FSSS and they said my items will probably ship on 9/13. :(

I got the email and I have Prime. Release Date Delivery is still free for Prime Members...I just confirmed with my own orders.

I got the same email for LBP2:CE, so I went in and used "Change Shipping Method" and it showed the updated shipping charge of $0.99 correctly, previously was FSSS. It's a Christmas present for my son, but I'll happily pay an extra dollar to make sure it doesn't get caught up in the Christmas shipping rush in case of a problem. Less to worry about.

Metroid Other M I had with FSSS and it didn't ship until last night. I kind of wondered if it was some investor pressure (there has been some grumbling about FSSS they offer). I've gotten several things using FSSS and they have always shipped on release day, despite the estimate saying a week later, this was the first one that actually used that extra time. I don't mind, I have plenty to play in the backlog and don't really look into spoilers so an extra week for no shipping charge, a $20 credit and no tax works just fine for me.

I was wondering if they would ever do this, because up until now there was practically no reason to use anything else (except release day shipping if you were anxious) - it kind of destroyed the value of the lower end shipping that still cost money. Why pay for ground shipping if you got it about the same time for free? I would think as a business they would want to put FSSS on the low priority queue, if for nothing else than to give paid ground shipping value from the expedited shipment process. But, on the other hand this could simply be an issue with Metroid due to supplies or demand - since even some release day shipments were delayed.

Regardless, $0.99 is less than sales tax and I don't have to drive to the store! I think it is an excellent deal, even without the extra promotional credit Amazon usually adds to big titles.

Changed 5 games to release date. 2 of the games (Reach and Dead Rising 2) came up with free release date for some reason. The other 3 were $0.99

Yeah, it does seem to be working with all preorders...I just preordered DR2 for PS3 and got the .99c price. Awesome, especially when combined with the bonus from Transformers WFC.

I haven't gotten this email, but thanks to CAG, I knew about the deal and went to Amazon. When I switched my Fable 3 order to release day shipping, it was indeed 99-cents. (And I do NOT have prime). Thanks OP!

I only got the e-mail for one game (Civilization V). I have a bunch of other pre-orders with them (Fallout: NV CE, SW:TFUII CE, EOIII, FF 4 Heroes, and Golden Sun) and none of them seem to have release date delivery as an option.

Edit: I was able to change it manually for SW:TFU2 CE, but none of the others even have the option. Anybody been able to get release date delivery on any of those?

For someone like me who doesn't have prime this is a great deal. I refuse to pay $79 a year when I can just get free shipping. I usually get everything in 3 days using FSSS which is fine on most things. Couple times a year it would be nice to have, like black friday but they have had a free prime deal going the last 2 years at that time. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I only got the e-mail for one game (Civilization V). I have a bunch of other pre-orders with them (Fallout: NV CE, SW:TFUII CE, EOIII, FF 4 Heroes, and Golden Sun) and none of them seem to have release date delivery as an option.

Edit: I was able to change it manually for SW:TFU2 CE, but none of the others even have the option. Anybody been able to get release date delivery on any of those?[/QUOTE]
New Vegas CE worked for me.

I went to go change my pre-orders to release-date delivery and most of them were automatically changed to free release-date shipping. So make sure you check you're current shipping speed before you end up paying an extra dollar! :)

Thanks for the tip guys.... I had been waiting to bite on a pre-order for LBP 2 Collectors Edition, debating on whether to spend the extra few bucks to just get at the local Gamestop and have it release day. Now I get to save money, and have it waiting on me when I get home from work. Sweet.

Just redid all my pre-orders. 8 games from Halo through to Assassin's Creed...damn so many games.

Can any1 tell me if I can add the Halo $20 credit to another, already made order?

[quote name='koopa213']Did not get an email for halo reach! : ([/QUOTE]Hello from Amazon.com,

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Halo Reach.

We are pleased to announce that we have reduced the price of Release-Date Delivery to 99 cents. We wanted to let you know that this ship option was now available at a lower rate and that you can easily upgrade your open order following the steps below.

- Visit www.amazon.com/youraccount
- Click on “Your Orders”
- Navigate to Halo Reach
- Click on “Change Shipping Speed”
- Select your desired shipping speed

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Just redid all my pre-orders. 8 games from Halo through to Assassin's Creed...damn so many games.

Can any1 tell me if I can add the Halo $20 credit to another, already made order?[/QUOTE]

As long as a promotional credit hasn't expired, you can create a new order with it, but not apply it to an existing one. You'll have to cancel the other you want to use it on.

Hmm, I pre-ordered Halo Reach along with another game back in May.
Under change shipping speed my only options are free, standard, two and one day shipping. All of them come up at full price.

I didn't get the email but since it's working for all preorders I guess I'll contact them.

bread's done
Back