Amazon 99 cent Release Date Delivery

drumstick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this could be considered a deal or not, but apparently Amazon is offering Release Date Delivery for video game pre orders for 99 cents. I had about 4 pre orders on amazon already and i just received email for each saying they are offering the 99 cent release date deal for them. I guess this would be great for some of you who already have pre oders and want cheap day one delivery. I already have prime so this was useless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Don't know why they sent me these emails. I have Prime and release date delivery is free. Good deal for those who don't have prime[/QUOTE]

Its still free for Prime Users, I got this email also, but shortly after they sent another email apologizing and saying that it is still FREE to all Prime Users :)

[quote name='Killbomb']It's supposed to but some have reported not getting their game on the street date. The time of day you get your item varies too. The couple times I've used it, I got one in the morning and the other in the late afternoon.[/QUOTE]

What carrier do they use for RDD? I'm hoping it's Fed Ex or UPS because USPS always comes to my house dead last these days. :whistle2:/

Thanks guys. My original order was placed on May 24th.

Amazon responded to my second email by telling me to cancel and replace the order and they would apply all the necessary promotions for me. Not sure how they're going to untangle and apply all the right things to bring it to the price it's suppose to be, but I'm happy they're trying.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I placed my original order for Reach on May 23, and switched the shipping to release date delivery on July 29. I think you'll be alright.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DragonJuggs']@ Daisydog I got the same response when I emailed them. I wrote them back saying that the original email stated that I didn't need to reorder and that I can just change the shipping speed to get the release day delivery.

I'll let you know what they say.

But I suspect that the Release Day Delivery doesn't show up for me when I change my ship speed because I don't quality for it because I live in Hawaii. Still though I'm kind of pissed that they sent the first email to be saying that I could get Release Day Delivery for $0.99 in the first place. If I don't qualify for it don't sent that email to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crewj']are you on a trial of prime?[/QUOTE]

Sorry dor the way late response, I'm on a student prime.

[quote name='Mattx510']Its still free for Prime Users, I got this email also, but shortly after they sent another email apologizing and saying that it is still FREE to all Prime Users :)[/QUOTE]

Just started getting all the apology emails.... Groan... After I got the email, I checked a couple orders and saw my RDD was still free, so I decided to wait and see what developed tonight.

Back OT:

Still a great deal for those without prime. Also, haven't some of the "blockbuster/AAA" title preorders been upgraded to RDD for free in the past?

Hooray, my nagging payed off and Amazon honored the new order and applied my promotional credits. It was pretty cool of them to take the time to get things sorted out.

yeah I got this email today also. Not to bad but I passed on it since when amazon ships to me Ive always gotten stuff usually the day after its official release when I chose the free shipping. Theres few games I cant wait a extra day or so for though.

Although I may bump this up on my wow cataclysm CE to make sure I get it. I normally never rush into a mmo expansion but blizzard has pretty much nailed down new content upgrades with virtually no problems aside from maybe a rolling restart or two.

[quote name='jughead']I consider this an anti-deal considering it was free prior to me receiving this email this morning.[/QUOTE]

Because its release date delivery for .99 so it is essentially a deal for some people. If its not for you then whoopie, but no need to take a dump in the guys thread because "you dont consider it a deal"

[quote name='imacjenn']What carrier do they use for RDD? I'm hoping it's Fed Ex or UPS because USPS always comes to my house dead last these days. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
RDD for me has always been delivered by UPS and has always been on time.

Thanks OP! I saved $10!

I didn't get an email though I pre-ordered Black Ops and Halo Reach in June ;( I had to manually switch to free saver shipping & then back to release date shipping.

[quote name='CXK']If you have Amazon prime do you not pay for shipping on any orders?[/QUOTE]

Only free 2 day shipping for everything or free rdd for video game pre orders.

[quote name='sk8erpinoy']Thank you for this, had to change it from RDD to FSSS then back to RDD. Awesome!
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yep had to do the same too. Thanks for posting op, great deal.

This is the most awesome deal in awhile from Amazon. Now we have game credit and guaranteed games on day one? Can't beat that unless you hate UPS/Fedex. I'll gladly pay $1 to get a game on day one instead of waiting 4-7 business days (sometimes worst).

[quote name='Masterkyo']Now lot peoples will pre-order at amazon instead gamestop. Low prices, free Promotion GC, No taxes & 1 day shipping for $1 :)[/QUOTE]

Unless you're one of those crazy fuckers who will stand in line for hours to get it at midnight and can't wait half a day for it to arrive, no matter what the bonuses are. I, for one, enjoy both sleeping and not having to leave my house.

I'm glad I discovered CAG / Amazon, otherwise I'd probably be one of those guys standing in line for Reach like I did for Halo 3...

Thank you very much for the post. Pre-Ordered Black Ops for $56 with the help of a $5 coupon I was saving. Out of pocket expense: $0.00, thank you amazon text book trade in credit ^_^.

[quote name='drumstick']Just go to your order details and at the very top, it will show your gift card/coupon balance with a button next to it that says apply to order.[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you did that. I just tried it and at the bottom in blue text it says :
Note: Promotional certificates may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed.

I also tried what someone else suggested and sent a second email and was shot down again. I would just cancel and reorder but I preordered fallout when it was 56.99 and had free rdd so if I were to change it then I would get charged for the shipping and the $3 price difference.

Anyone have luck recently with getting a customer service rep to apply the promo credit after the order because I've gotten three different reps tell me that its impossible to do with their system.

Brilliant! I can't wait to get my Metroid cash in and put it right into Castlevania... whoa that's weird to say. Maybe I'll put my Castlevania credit towards Epic Adventure Island 3-D.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']When was the last time you did that. I just tried it and at the bottom in blue text it says :
Note: Promotional certificates may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed.

I also tried what someone else suggested and sent a second email and was shot down again. I would just cancel and reorder but I preordered fallout when it was 56.99 and had free rdd so if I were to change it then I would get charged for the shipping and the $3 price difference.

Anyone have luck recently with getting a customer service rep to apply the promo credit after the order because I've gotten three different reps tell me that its impossible to do with their system.[/QUOTE]

Yea, i checked right before i posted. In my orders details page i have a option to use remaining gift card/coupon balance on my orders. Maybe promo credit doesnt count as a amazon gift card/coupon? The balance in my account came from tradeing in a game to amazon, not promo credit.

I find it annoying that if you already have an active pre-order you have to change the speed to something else and then change it back to release day shipping to get the discount. Thanks for the heads up though.

Nice now I'm not paying a dime for Halo Reach Legendary edition, this is just icing on the cake especially after amazon.com's pricing debacle when I ordered it at $59.99 instead of $149.99.

I was planning on waiting 3-5 days for my next pre-order (Free Super Saver Shipping) but now I'll be able to play that Tuesday. Appreciate the headz up.

I would be all over this for Halo Reach but the issue is I won't be able to play it till the weekend anyway. I did change it but thought about it and decided to save the 99 cents because all I would have is the big ass box sitting around till thursday when I got off work. However on the plus side if I do change to this I have have it when I get home thursday for sure. Usually it is hit and miss. Some times I preorder from Amazon.com and I get the game the next day. Some times it has taken all the way up to Saturday. However most have come on Thursday or Friday.

Also isn't this cheaper than the other shipping methods other than the free one? I find that a little odd but nice.

[quote name='sendme']Also isn't this cheaper than the other shipping methods other than the free one? I find that a little odd but nice.[/QUOTE]

My advice to you is to get it on Tuesday for .99c. You know you'll find some down time between tuesday and saturday and you'll have a huge itch to play. And I think it's just a special they're running on rdd for pre-orders. I made sure to pre-order Black Ops before it goes back to normal pricing.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered Halo Reach and did NOT receive an email and they did NOT change the price. I took your advice and got the price down to .99. Worked out great. Thanks.

You just saved me $15! I had release date delivery on a few of my preorders. I changed them to free super saver and back to release date delivery, and now it's $0.99!!

I got an email about Halo: Reach but not for Dead Rising 2. After reading this thread I went and changed Dead Rising 2 for release date delivery and it's 99 cents. Thanks for the heads up!

I never thought an online store could grab my business the way amazon has recently done. The credits grab me at my used price point and the 99cent release day is the iceing on the cake.

I think the 99 cents grabs those of use that don't want prime. Great psyc move because in the end I bet we would have saved getting prime anyway. LOL The 99 cents gives us some control. I am already 3.96 in and 364 days left. LOL I love it anyway.

Got it for LBP 2 Collector's Edition and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited edition.
Didn't work for Killzone 3 though :(

I just preordered Halo Reach, although I won't be able to play it on release day or for several days afterwards most likely. With the 99-cent shipping and the $20 credit, I was suckered in once again. For some reason I also had some $5 "promotional credit" applied also, so it was $56. I don't know where the credit came from, but it sweetened the deal just right. ;)

I got the email b/c I have LBP2:CE on pre-order and I almost jumped at it until I remembered it's a Christmas present "for the kids" ;-) I feel safe that Amazon can get it to me in less than 4 weeks on FSSS.

[quote name='drumstick']Not sure if this could be considered a deal or not, but apparently Amazon is offering Release Date Delivery for video game pre orders for 99 cents. I had about 4 pre orders on amazon already and i just received email for each saying they are offering the 99 cent release date deal for them. I guess this would be great for some of you who already have pre oders and want cheap day one delivery. I already have prime so this was useless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642[/QUOTE]
Dude, thanks so much for this heads up! I didnt think $5.99 release day shipping was that bad, but now 99 cent is just over the top!! *pre-ordering away*

Got this for my KH:BBS preorder, pretty awesome, I switched right away. I already had a quick pick discount on it so it paid for it's self. Prime seemed a little too expensive for me, and this clinches it.

had pre-ordered this back on August 21st and went with the free shipping cause i'm cheap and didn't mind waiting a few days for it to show... i was really disappointed when i saw that their estimate just for sending it out was Sept. 20th and then another 7-10 days to get to me. not worth $6 to get it early, but i'm willing to pay $1 for release date shipping. thanks OP and thanks Amazon for making it easy to switch! :applause:

bread's done
Back