Amazon 99 cent Release Date Delivery

drumstick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Not sure if this could be considered a deal or not, but apparently Amazon is offering Release Date Delivery for video game pre orders for 99 cents. I had about 4 pre orders on amazon already and i just received email for each saying they are offering the 99 cent release date deal for them. I guess this would be great for some of you who already have pre oders and want cheap day one delivery. I already have prime so this was useless to me.

http://www.amazon.com/computer-vide...sories/b/ref=sa_menu_cvg1?ie=UTF8&node=468642

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon's customer service has gone down hill big time... I emailed them about shipping my Metroid Other M late. they fed me some BS about quantities on a order that was done more than a month before the release. the 2nd email was ignored and just had a reply saying what shipping was currently on the order... I changed all my orders to .99 successfully so luckily no dealing with idiots this time.

[quote name='rogXue']Amazon's customer service has gone down hill big time... I emailed them about shipping my Metroid Other M late. they fed me some BS about quantities on a order that was done more than a month before the release. the 2nd email was ignored and just had a reply saying what shipping was currently on the order... I changed all my orders to .99 successfully so luckily no dealing with idiots this time.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem with Amazon today. I emailed customer service because I pre-ordered Valkyria Chronicles 2 (released on 8-31) and it hasn't shipped yet. I got a BS email, but there was an option to choose whether the email cleared up the problem, and I chose no, and that took me to a screen where there was an option for Amazon to have a CS rep call me. She didn't know why VC2 hadn't shipped yet, but said it will ship tomorrow and increased the shipping speed at no charge. Then she gave me a $10 credit. Not bad, all things considered.

Does anyone know how long this deal is going to last? I just checked and it still seems to be going. However, there's not really anything coming out this year that I can't wait for or that I haven't already ordered elsewhere. If it lasts until early next year then I might actually have use for it.

[quote name='FinalBloodfest']Does anyone know how long this deal is going to last? I just checked and it still seems to be going. However, there's not really anything coming out this year that I can't wait for or that I haven't already ordered elsewhere. If it lasts until early next year then I might actually have use for it.[/QUOTE]

why not preorder games you are gonna be interested in, it locks deals in place and any decrease in price is adjusted, if you decide you don't want it later on, just cancel, no harm no foul

Hmmm... I just cancelled my pre-order of Civ 5 and re-ordered it choosing the 99 cent release day option. So this is nice.

What I don't understand is why I didn't get the email about this... they spam me about every other useless promotion they are running... had I not seen this I would have gotten the game a week later using the 'free super saver shipping' method.

Does it seem like Amazon's shipping is getting worse to anyone? I ordered a couple of in stock games from Amazon early last week. I ordered a couple of in stock games from GameStop.com a day or so later. My order from GameStop is in the mail. My Amazon orders haven't even gone into shipping soon status yet.

[quote name='rainking187']Does it seem like Amazon's shipping is getting worse to anyone? I ordered a couple of in stock games from Amazon early last week. I ordered a couple of in stock games from GameStop.com a day or so later. My order from GameStop is in the mail. My Amazon orders haven't even gone into shipping soon status yet.[/QUOTE]

Second this. Last time I preordered something for release date delivery, it was out and about on the friday before the week it came out. Now it's halfway through monday, and I still haven't received any shipping emails about Reach yet. Strange, since it seems to take Amazon 5 days to ship anything due to them sending it from central to the east coast, then back and to the west coast.

[quote name='rainking187']Does it seem like Amazon's shipping is getting worse to anyone? I ordered a couple of in stock games from Amazon early last week. I ordered a couple of in stock games from GameStop.com a day or so later. My order from GameStop is in the mail. My Amazon orders haven't even gone into shipping soon status yet.[/QUOTE]

YES...

I preordered metroid in may and they didn't ship it until 8 days AFTER the release date. It was in the "shipping soon" status for a week. WTH.

i hope they dont pull some BS i ordered Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City and did the RDD for 99 cents says i get it SEPT 21 (next tuesday)

Pre-order Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City and get "Forests of Eternity"--the official Etrian Odyssey Art Book, with designs and concept art from the series. Art book will be included in packaging. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
› See more product promotions

Couldnt amazon pull this down sunday and #$#$# everyone over and never even send the artbook (though they wont cause even gamestop has the book)

Amazon has been using USPS way more than they used to. USPS is a POS and will sit on your package for days twiddling their thumbs. So yeah, that's why. They are so bad they make UPS look competent by comparison :p

But yeah, they have also been slow with the initial shipping on occassion lately - I almost wonder if it's dependant on what distro center it's going out of. Some have shipped fast, some (Metroid: Other M for example) slow as hell.

To say Amazon has been getting sloppy is an understatement. I use to buy almost 2/3 of my new games from them, but recently, its been ridiculously slow.

First my release date Metroid comes in 8 days late, and this morning I get an email about my Halo Reach saying "were sorry, we were unable to get your game out t you on time, we'll refund your shipping charges, and your order will SHIP IN THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS"

Not only do you miss release date delivery, but my game wont even SHIP until another couple of days???

My Amazon preorders are officially DONE.

:mad:

[quote name='Warlock82']Amazon has been using USPS way more than they used to. USPS is a POS and will sit on your package for days twiddling their thumbs. So yeah, that's why. They are so bad they make UPS look competent by comparison :p

But yeah, they have also been slow with the initial shipping on occassion lately - I almost wonder if it's dependant on what distro center it's going out of. Some have shipped fast, some (Metroid: Other M for example) slow as hell.[/QUOTE]

Not true. This whole slow shipping problem is amazon's fault. They are dragging their feet preparing the shipments. The actual ship time is pretty fast.

Amazon is going down hill with Prime and other Release date crap! Case in point.. where is my Halo Reach????? Stuck in PA of course.. They didn't even try to get it out on time.. I rarely get release date delivery with Prime so I would just save the money!

[quote name='buster2k']Amazon is going down hill with Prime and other Release date crap! Case in point.. where is my Halo Reach????? Stuck in PA of course.. They didn't even try to get it out on time.. I rarely get release date delivery with Prime so I would just save the money![/QUOTE]

If I don't get black ops on release date I'm gonna be upset. $35 or not. lol

99 cent release day is great, but those of us paying for Prime now pay for a service that is less valuable. I buy so much on Amazon, I'll have to keep it, but with release day delivery only $1, it's much harder to justify the yearly Prime fee.

Release day delivery is only as good as the service you are paying for. Unless you pay for guaranteed overnight delivery with Express Mail, UPS or Fedex, it's up to your mail carriers to get it to you. Amazon could mail it out a week in advance, but without someone paying for a guaranteed delivery time, it could arrive 2 days late. That's the USPS!

I'm dying for New Vegas and Rock Band 3 on day one, but I think I'll survive if they come a day or two late. I'll just feel left out.

[quote name='buster2k']Case in point.. where is my Halo Reach????? Stuck in PA of course.. [/QUOTE]

This has always baffled me: what determines what comes from which warehouse? I understand "old stock" might be at one warehouse or another, but big new releases are usually stocked at ALL warehouses, right? I live not even 2 hours away from one of their midwest warehouses, and I CONSTANTLY get stuff from the east coast? Why would they stock one of the biggest releases of the year in only one warehouse at the far edge of the country? I feel sorry for anyone in CA trying to get things...

I completely disagree with all the amazon hate so far. Every single release date delivery game over the past 3 years has come on release day. Halo Reach will be at home when i get back from work today. Personally I could care less when it "ships" -- all that matters is when it arrives.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']This has always baffled me: what determines what comes from which warehouse? I understand "old stock" might be at one warehouse or another, but big new releases are usually stocked at ALL warehouses, right? I live not even 2 hours away from one of their midwest warehouses, and I CONSTANTLY get stuff from the east coast? Why would they stock one of the biggest releases of the year in only one warehouse at the far edge of the country? I feel sorry for anyone in CA trying to get things...[/QUOTE]

Its because they're flown to the people driving out to place it at your door, not driven =p.

[quote name='ianoid']99 cent release day is great, but those of us paying for Prime now pay for a service that is less valuable. I buy so much on Amazon, I'll have to keep it, but with release day delivery only $1, it's much harder to justify the yearly Prime fee.

Release day delivery is only as good as the service you are paying for. Unless you pay for guaranteed overnight delivery with Express Mail, UPS or Fedex, it's up to your mail carriers to get it to you. Amazon could mail it out a week in advance, but without someone paying for a guaranteed delivery time, it could arrive 2 days late. That's the USPS!

I'm dying for New Vegas and Rock Band 3 on day one, but I think I'll survive if they come a day or two late. I'll just feel left out.[/QUOTE]

lol why do you guys keep blaming the usps when amazon is the one taking forever to prepare shipments. My metroid order was in "shipping soon" status for a WEEK. When it finally shipped it took 2 days.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']This has always baffled me: what determines what comes from which warehouse? I understand "old stock" might be at one warehouse or another, but big new releases are usually stocked at ALL warehouses, right? I live not even 2 hours away from one of their midwest warehouses, and I CONSTANTLY get stuff from the east coast? Why would they stock one of the biggest releases of the year in only one warehouse at the far edge of the country? I feel sorry for anyone in CA trying to get things...[/QUOTE]

I live in CA and 99% of my orders are sent from the Vegas or Arizona DC. Always takes 1-3 days under free saver shipping.

[quote name='Draken Zero']I completely disagree with all the amazon hate so far. Every single release date delivery game over the past 3 years has come on release day. Halo Reach will be at home when i get back from work today. Personally I could care less when it "ships" -- all that matters is when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Well, Im happy for you, but consider yourself fortunate because there are many of us who recently have been getting the "finger" from amazon on our "release date" deliveries. :`(

It didnt use to be this way, but recently its becoming the norm. I live within 2 hours of one of their large warehouses, and 3 of the last 5 pre-orders have been late. Granted, I've had YEARS of good experiences, but all it takes is a few bad experiences back to back to change ones opinion...

:(

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Well, Im happy for you, but consider yourself fortunate because there are many of us who recently have been getting the "finger" from amazon on our "release date" deliveries. :`(

It didnt use to be this way, but recently its becoming the norm. I live within 2 hours of one of their large warehouses, and 3 of the last 5 pre-orders have been late. Granted, I've had YEARS of good experiences, but all it takes is a few bad experiences back to back to change ones opinion...

:([/QUOTE]

Maybe they just hired a bunch of new seasonal people for the holidays.

My order for Halo Reach was delayed, despite being "shipped" on the 13th, it was actually picked up today. I know its only a day, but its pretty annoying when I purposefully don't preorder it from a local store and they then lie to me about when it was shipped.

[quote name='StuBeck']My order for Halo Reach was delayed, despite being "shipped" on the 13th, it was actually picked up today. I know its only a day, but its pretty annoying when I purposefully don't preorder it from a local store and they then lie to me about when it was shipped.[/QUOTE]
I had it happen to much lately on amazon for some reason. They act like 1 day is no big deal and them lying to me is not a big deal to. It is a shame cause some things like halo reach is something you want day one. If you expect it with what they promised on so and so date you get super down it does not come that day. Those mistakes stick in my head when i order from places in the future.

My release day shipping for Halo: Reach got delayed until tomorrow. Yet my cousin who lives 2 1/2 hours away got his game no problem.

[quote name='Kraus989']My release day shipping for Halo: Reach got delayed until tomorrow. Yet my cousin who lives 2 1/2 hours away got his game no problem.[/QUOTE]

I have Prime and one of my copies is stuck at "Billing Information Received" so I feel your pain. Amazon has been failing with release-date delivery lately. =/

I been ordering through Amazon for years now and I can't remember if i ever had a bad shipping experience... UNTIL NOW!

Pre-ordered Halo:Reach.... i get my email yesterday that it will come tomorrow (today)... i have no worries as i have had many release day games ship the day before.... today i check UPS and its out for delivery... i come home to expect HALO and nothing.. i check online and it was delivered ok... to somewhere else, a town probably like 5-10 mins away from me and some other dude signed for it..

Now i called customer service and they are sending me another copy for tomorrow which has already shipped... but i am starting to wonde if it was really UPS that mest up here... i am starting to think Amazon gave me someone else's UPS tracking number and never really sent my package out.. the lady in customer service was quickly to just send out another copy while she said she was talking to UPS and was going to open up an investigation.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Mines came in on time, but wasnt happy with the quality of the box it came in. It came in the usuall cardboard envelope, but the left and right side of the box was merly folded in, not taped or glued closed. When i picked it up my LE just fell through one of the sides. Really shoddy packing on amazons part.

I canceled my Prime yesterday. This is the 3rd order in a row that hasnt shown up on time. WTF is going on over there? After 3 years of perfection, the last month has been horrible.

What really pissed me off, and made me cancel, is that alot of Prime members were not shipped their copy of Reach while non members who paid .99 cent shipping received theirs on time.

A friend, who I referred to amazon, got Reach delivered on time while mine hadnt even been shipped yet. To make matters worse, he preordered last Friday night while I've had mine pre ordered for weeks.....

Something stinks at Amazon. I called them and the rep called UPS and told them to ship it back to Amazon so I can get a refund. Got my Prime membership refunded too....

you guys must have some bad luck, I just ordered the game yesterday with 1 day shipping (3.99) and it's already out for delivery.

It seems a lot of Prime members got screwed, but everybody I know that got the .99 rdd got their copy on time. Still haven't got my copy yet.

Damn, got mine no problem with Prime+release date shipping yesterday. Not sure on locales of all posters, but it might be a regional thing?

Wow I didn't realize this Halo Reach shipping problem was so big. I ordered mine on JANUARY 15th, 2010 and mine didn't come yesterday. I am sooo pissed. I've been a Prime member since its inception and I've had this preordered WAY longer than the vast majority of people and yet I don't get mine on time. I bitched them out SOOOO bad in an email to them. It's disgraceful that they put priority on the .99 cent payers over actual prime users.

Oh and I'm located in Seattle, WA so they have NO REASON AT ALL to mess my order up.

Did all of you having problems actually set the game to RDD? A lot of times if you pre-ordered too early, you only set for "2 day delivery" (i.e., release + 2 days) and you need to go back and reset it to RDD...

[quote name='Justin42']Did all of you having problems actually set the game to RDD? A lot of times if you pre-ordered too early, you only set for "2 day delivery" (i.e., release + 2 days) and you need to go back and reset it to RDD...[/QUOTE]

nah mine was set to RDD. I checked that to make sure. I also know that if you have it set to 2 day delivery and RDD becomes available, it automatically upgrades you. At least it does for me.

bread's done
Back