amazon 9pm est time deal Enjoy dozens of casual games at one low price.

It's going to be some crappy PC compilation that no one who's gaming knowlegde is above the games pre-installed on computers will buy. And yeah, fuck you for impling the Genesis collection is casual. Several things on there far more hardcore than most of the stuff put out now. And to anyone who doesn't own it (shame on you): worth every dime at $30. Hell it would have been worth every dime at $60 or more as well.

[quote name='doodle777_98']amazon says 6 p.m. not 9 p.m.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27[/QUOTE]

6pm west... i was saying 9pm est time ..

amazon might think of this as casual

hey im holding out hope okay.. i want to get it this for 15 bucks : )

anyone with the 360 verison.. heard you need 2 controllers to even unlock half of the games (what sort of sucks)

now ifit was put out on the PSP i would of grabbed it in a second at 30. i dont play my 360 enough to be worth of a 30 buck purchase

[quote name='slidecage']6pm west... i was saying 9pm est time ..

amazon might think of this as casual

hey im holding out hope okay.. i want to get it this for 15 bucks : )

anyone with the 360 verison.. heard you need 2 controllers to even unlock half of the games (what sort of sucks)

now ifit was put out on the PSP i would of grabbed it in a second at 30. i dont play my 360 enough to be worth of a 30 buck purchase[/QUOTE]

This is a game I've been hovering over for a while so let's hope it is. Also, Amazon is pretty hardcore is they consider Genesis baby stuff.

Dang I just had gotten tired waiting for the Genesis collection to drop and picked it up this weekend at best buy. OH well if that is it.
You just need a second controller to play as tails in Sonic 3 (or one of the sonic games) for the first level. Everything else is one player. A friend of mine used his guitar to get it as the second player.

The first things I thought of when I heard casual was "Clubhouse Games" on the DS, which is a fantastic game.

But seriously, there are so many compilations, who knows?

why i did not pay 30 for it

only games i would play would be

Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3

Shining Force
Shining Force 2

already have these in the PSP COLLECTION

Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Shining in the Darkness

[quote name='goldursaring']I think it might be this, unfortunately. We'll see![/QUOTE]

You make the most sense.

I don't see how anyone would think a collection with games like Phantasy star 1-4 and shining force are casual. If it is the Sonic collection it'd definitely be a must buy, even though I still own carts a (working)CDX.

This is awesome, i'll be waiting to see.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']It will be 9PM most places since Amazon uses pacific time. While we all know the Genesis games aren't casual, Amazon is a retailer. Maybe they think they're casual.[/QUOTE]
How does a small percentage (area wise) of the US qualify as "most places"? :roll:

Assuming it is the sega collection, is it really worth getting? It seems like it has a lot of games I either used to love or always wanted to play, but Im afraid it might be like the EA replay, where the games are fun for a bit but loses its charge real quick (although burning civilians in Syndicate will never get old).

[quote name='tankass']Assuming it is the sega collection, is it really worth getting? It seems like it has a lot of games I either used to love or always wanted to play, but Im afraid it might be like the EA replay, where the games are fun for a bit but loses its charge real quick (although burning civilians in Syndicate will never get old).[/QUOTE]

This game would totally be worth it. It has like, 50 games, a solid amount of unlockable games, and a few decent length rpgs. And a lot of these games are addicting.

You easily get your moneys worth.

Assuming it is the sega collection, is it really worth getting? It seems like it has a lot of games I either used to love or always wanted to play, but Im afraid it might be like the EA replay, where the games are fun for a bit but loses its charge real quick (although burning civilians in Syndicate will never get old).

Genesis collection is hardly casual - but Kmart should have it as well, for around $19.99 if you can find one in stock.

[quote name='robbart914']If you played games in the 90's, Genesis was casual. It's that Turbografx/3D0/Jaguar crap that was hardcore.[/QUOTE]

I think they mean hardcore gameply, not hardcore PRICE.

But just to clear up the confusion, I can see them saying this collection is casual because it has a big picture of sonic which is family friendly which usually denotes casual(thank you very much wii). But as anyone that grew up with anything below 32 bits knows nothing back in the day was casual.

People here sometimes have tunnel vision. When Amazon says "casual" I think it's safe to say they actually mean "casual" as that term might be understood by the millions of Sudoku lovers out there, rather than "slightly less hardcore than Steel Battalion." Any expectation that it will be the Genesis Collection would be based on wishful thinking rather than Earth logic.

Anyway, I think the poster in #19 nailed it. That game's description is almost identical to the wording in the clue, which is usually the case for these Amazon deals, since I suppose whoever is tasked with writing the blurbs just scans the product descriptions.

[quote name='illennium']People here sometimes have tunnel vision. When Amazon says "casual" I think it's safe to say they actually mean "casual" as that term might be understood by the millions of Sudoku lovers out there, rather than "slightly less hardcore than Steel Battalion." Any expectation that it will be the Genesis Collection would be based on wishful thinking rather than Earth logic.

Anyway, I think the poster in #19 nailed it. That game's description is almost identical to the wording in the clue, which is usually the case for these Amazon deals, since I suppose whoever is tasked with writing the blurbs just scans the product descriptions.[/QUOTE]

Sounds logical to me. Anyone know if that $20 price is is B&M at sears too? got one near my work. might stop by after.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']How does a small percentage (area wise) of the US qualify as "most places"? :roll:[/QUOTE]

everyone needs to set their clocks to est time and then figure out in their heads what time it really is lOL

if it is Play! The Ultimate Casual Game Collection for the pc

4.98 is the only price its worth..

for the LOVE OF GOD SHEEP QUEST IS WORTH THE CASH ALONE LOL

This is Amazon marketing at its most out-of-touch if this ends up being Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

[quote name='slidecage']Est. Pre-tax Total: $20.98 after shipping then add 1.40 tax

22.40 shipped still too much[/QUOTE]

For you maybe. I paid $30 for it and got way more value than that out of it. It's a major timesink, well worth it.

That said, this is still NOT going to be the deal.

[quote name='slidecage']Est. Pre-tax Total: $20.98 after shipping then add 1.40 tax

22.40 shipped still too much[/QUOTE]
Second (I own most of these games on actual cartridges, or have bought some of them on xbla)... though if someone knows a free shipping code or something along those lines...?

Has anyone found a list of all the games that are available in Play!?

There's a long one on Amazon, but at the end it says, "and many more!"

[quote name='illennium']People here sometimes have tunnel vision. When Amazon says "casual" I think it's safe to say they actually mean "casual" as that term might be understood by the millions of Sudoku lovers out there, rather than "slightly less hardcore than Steel Battalion." Any expectation that it will be the Genesis Collection would be based on wishful thinking rather than Earth logic.

Anyway, I think the poster in #19 nailed it. That game's description is almost identical to the wording in the clue, which is usually the case for these Amazon deals, since I suppose whoever is tasked with writing the blurbs just scans the product descriptions.[/QUOTE]

Shoot yeah. It even has the "dozens of games" part in the description. This is almost certainly going to be "Play!" Oh well.

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']Yeah...

http://lightningdeals.com/

look at 6PM[/QUOTE]

7 mins..

nice deal at 5.00 over priced at 9.98 (what i expect it to be at)

if it is play

right now
Play! The Ultimate Casual Game Collection 14.99 so could be 7.48 (be tempted at that price but i think most of not all of the games are on shockwave for free i can play since im a member)

come on 5 bucks )

winner is

Play! The Ultimate Casual Game Collection
List Price: $19.99
Amazon's Price: $14.99 (25% off)
Gold Box Discount: - $5.00

Gold Box Price: $9.99 (50% off)

over priced

bread's done
Back