Amazon - All Gold Box Wii starts 2/16 at 12AM PST

6am: Go behind closed doors and into the recording studio with rock legends.
9am: Join your favorite Toy Story characters in the shooting gallery.
12pm: Lose weight, win challenges and stay above the yellow line.
3pm: “You Belong With Wii"
5pm: Fitness has never been this personalized or this much fun!
7pm: Charge 4 Wii Remotes with one dock.
8pm: Get ready to get active.

Time to start guessing.

This is really frustrating. I mean appreciate it when Amazon has these day long, console-specific, sales. But c'mon. This is pretty bad.

Toy Story Mania - Crap

Band Hero - Crap

Obvious - meh

EA Active - crap

The wii in general - crap

I feel sorry for people that own only this console...

[quote name='Wompdevil']Surprise! Surprise! A bunch of junk! Sigh... I am going to bed now[/QUOTE]

I second that motion.

Looks like Amazon is going for the mainstream market yet again (because they sell). I haven't seen a quality Wii title on Goldbox for hella long.
Here are my guesses..

Deal of the Day:
Walk It Out

6am: Go behind closed doors and into the recording studio with rock legends.
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (game only)

Toy Story Mania!

12pm: Lose weight, win challenges and stay above the yellow line.
The Biggest Loser

Band Hero (Super Bundle please!)

5pm: Fitness has never been this personalized or this much fun!
Wii Fit Plus (Balance Board bundle please!)

Wii Charge Station Quad (Nyko)

EA Sports Active

// Roth

[quote name='ricshos']
The wii in general - crap
I feel sorry for people that own only this console...[/QUOTE]

And I feel sorry for miserable douchebags like you that face life with the constant "glass is half-empty" approach. Enjoy growing old alone with your video games.

As always with the wii, another disappointing day of lightning deals. Disappointing for me anyway. I fully understand why Amazon is pushing this stuff.

As for the return fraud debate, there is no debate. I've learned that people will justify it however they want. Especially those too stupid to understand business and retail 101. But I do like to call out assholes whenever I can. :)

[quote name='Vince McMahon']And I feel sorry for miserable douchebags like you that face life with the constant "glass is half-empty" approach. Enjoy growing old alone with your video games.[/QUOTE]

wow. smacked down by Vince McMahon!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Amazon's going to have to downgrade to a Silver Box when they realize nobody's going to buy these games.[/QUOTE]

Well The Beatles: Rock Band sold out within an hour. I doubt the rest will tho.

God, you've got to be kidding. >_>; I think Amazon is purposefully stocking this event with... Like... 10 games a piece. I'm finding it REALLY hard to believe 34% of Toy Story is claimed in five minutes... T_T;

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']God, you've got to be kidding. >_>; I think Amazon is purposefully stocking this event with... Like... 10 games a piece. I'm finding it REALLY hard to believe 34% of Toy Story is claimed in five minutes... T_T;[/QUOTE]

What's so hard to believe? Parents are picking up these things for their kids.

[quote name='confoosious']What's so hard to believe? Parents are picking up these things for their kids.[/QUOTE]
I just feel like the same parents who hadn't gotten this game for their kids for Christmas would have waited for a cheaper price point than this. It's inevitably bargain bin material.

Toy Story is actually kinda fun... a bit spammy but some of the objectives to unlock more games is impossible with just one person.

With the included 3D glasses, it's fun. gives you a nice headache after an hour.

I've actually been waiting for Rock Band Beatles and Band Hero for Wii to get sub-$30. I missed the Rock Band at Old Navy thing a couple months back, as they didn't have any copies of Beatles left at the one I went to.

But otherwise, pretty disappointing day. So much fitness crap, and I'm not sure which charger set that is, but most of the ones on Amazon have horrible reviews because they are crap. Seems almost every non-Nintendo accessory is crap, and makes me wonder why they didn't just design rechargeable wiimotes to start with. Oh well.

[quote name='mistymayem']Well The Beatles: Rock Band sold out within an hour. I doubt the rest will tho.[/QUOTE]

don't doubt the Wii's audience, these deals are all going to sell out

[quote name='xycury']Toy Story is actually kinda fun... a bit spammy but some of the objectives to unlock more games is impossible with just one person.

With the included 3D glasses, it's fun. gives you a nice headache after an hour.[/QUOTE]

You would think this game would be better suited to play on a more powerful console, as it is just another clone Wii game, with crappier than should be graphics for such a great movie.

[quote name='tightclaws']You would think this game would be better suited to play on a more powerful console, as it is just another clone Wii game, with crappier than should be graphics for such a great movie.[/QUOTE]
Toy Story is a kids movie. Frankly, I think it's on the console that best caters to that demographic.

[quote name='tightclaws']You would think this game would be better suited to play on a more powerful console, as it is just another clone Wii game, with crappier than should be graphics for such a great movie.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

It's a fucking cartoon... ?

And no, it cannot play on a "more powerful console" because you're stuck with shit controllers then. The infrared of the wiimotes play better than dual stick on anything else.

unless you're being totally sarcastic... then I failed. :booty:

Wow. The Biggest Loser sold out within 10 minutes with only $9 discount. Who really wants it? What a bunch of ....

[quote name='xycury']:rofl:

It's a fucking cartoon... ?

And no, it cannot play on a "more powerful console" because you're stuck with shit controllers then. The infrared of the wiimotes play better than dual stick on anything else.

unless you're being totally sarcastic... then I failed. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who consider Toy Story to be more than just a cartoon...

[quote name='mistymayem']I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who consider Toy Story to be more than just a cartoon...[/QUOTE]
Probably the same people that stay up until 3 am just to see what the Wii goldbox clues would be.

When are you guys gonna realize that gold box is targeted towards regular people and not hardcore gamerzzzzzzz cagzzzzz?

The sooner you do that, the less angst you'll feel over these deals.

[quote name='confoosious']When are you guys gonna realize that gold box is targeted towards regular people and not hardcore gamerzzzzzzz cagzzzzz?

The sooner you do that, the less angst you'll feel over these deals.[/QUOTE]
The angst in this thread provides good entertainment.

bread's done
Back