Amazon Android AppStore Deal Wiki

yeah I check the thread daily but see no reason to post. Partly because I just don't have time to try out the games right away, so I usually buy them and try them out over the weekends

I check this thread daily but it has been really disappointing. I almost posted when I raged because I missed Fruit Ninja. Oh well.

[quote name='looploop']man, what a week of disappointment.[/QUOTE]

They can't rule all the time. Just seems like they are spreading it out to make it last rather than blowing their load all at once and ending it.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Not bad! I use the free version all the time. The ability to record is a nice plus. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. This is a recommend app if you listen to the radio a lot. It has stations from all over teh states and some from other countries. I like that you can save stations that you enjoy so you don't have to search for them each time.

I have Tunein and its an awesome app. Pretty much every radio station in the world (and internet) is on there. My wife listens to Turkish music and theres at least 25-30 stations of it. I listen to radio from the US, UK, Japan, etc.

Along with Pandora, and Sirius, Tunin is my most used app.

How much data would you typically use in like an hour of listening to the TuneIn radio? AT&T has that 2GB cap on data....

And no, you don't need an antenna....I believe it just takes the streams that most radio stations offer.

Thanks!

[quote name='doubledown']How much data would you typically use in like an hour of listening to the TuneIn radio? AT&T has that 2GB cap on data....

And no, you don't need an antenna....I believe it just takes the streams that most radio stations offer.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the stream but around 60-75 MBs

[quote name='doubledown']How much data would you typically use in like an hour of listening to the TuneIn radio? AT&T has that 2GB cap on data....[/QUOTE]

AT&T is blocking Amazon's Appstore isn't it? Kind of a moot point if that's still the case :p

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']AT&T is blocking Amazon's Appstore isn't it? Kind of a moot point if that's still the case :p[/QUOTE]

There are ways around that, and no I do not mean by rooting your phone. Check out android central and search for Sideload Wonder Machine. It is what I used to get the Amazon appstore, the apps I download from there, Swype, and many other things installed on my htc Inspire.

[quote name='GamingGator']There are ways around that, and no I do not mean by rooting your phone. Check out android central and search for Sideload Wonder Machine. It is what I used to get the Amazon appstore, the apps I download from there, Swype, and many other things installed on my htc Inspire.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's good. I think rooting to get one of the best features of the platform defeats the whole purpose. AT&T is ridiculous to block this; best guess is they want to stay in good standing with Apple to get more exclusive's with the iPhone.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']AT&T is blocking Amazon's Appstore isn't it? Kind of a moot point if that's still the case :p[/QUOTE]

Mine is unlocked on AT&T's network. I unlocked my Dell Streak at the time to get Froyo. And today I get 2.2.2 :)

This app is gonna be great to listen to sports radio at work and when I'm not in my car. 98.5fm is great, and the ability to record is huge, some of the stuff they do is ridiculous.

[quote name='doubledown']Mine is unlocked on AT&T's network. I unlocked my Dell Streak at the time to get Froyo. And today I get 2.2.2 :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, I'm on VZW so I don't follow AT&T that much. I just saw that Amazon still has it's notice about working with AT&T to allow access, and I thought it was across the board.

I don't know if it was ever free... it got really cheap though (shortly after I bought it). If it was ever free that's even worse, but at least I was supporting the developer, who I think deserves the support.

How is the Xoom? I don't know anyone personally that has one (or any tablet besides the iPad). Is Honeycomb really as laggy and buggy as reviewers say?

Granted this is my first real tablet but I am loving it! I have messed around with it for 5 hours or so. There is just so much to do. I haven't really noticed any bugs but I am no expert of on the software. It's extremely responsive and is chalk full of cool features. Flash works great, everything google is awesome on there as well. So far it appears to be well worth the 600 claims I dropped to get it.

can i download this first even if i didn't get an android phone yet? i'm getting one next week but wondering if i can just download first since it's free.

[quote name='dn3g3l']can i download this first even if i didn't get an android phone yet? i'm getting one next week but wondering if i can just download first since it's free.[/QUOTE]

You can queue them in your amazon account and then download them once you get your android phone. Game Dev Story was never as far as I know.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You can queue them in your amazon account and then download them once you get your android phone. Game Dev Story was never as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

is there a link on how to do this? i'm guess i just put my email on the get this app box and thats it?

[quote name='dn3g3l']is there a link on how to do this? i'm guess i just put my email on the get this app box and thats it?[/QUOTE]

Seriously.. please tell me this is all you have to do because I just cannot find any other way to do this on a computer.. won't have my phone for another week.

[quote name='Nimrod4431']Seriously.. please tell me this is all you have to do because I just cannot find any other way to do this on a computer.. won't have my phone for another week.[/QUOTE]

I think you just go to the site and purchase it. Once it's in your account, you install the app. Sign in, and it should be there.

There is no way to purchase it. You just put in your email but they send you a generic email that talks about the amazon app or whatever you have to install to get anything.

Getting somewhat tired of the crappy games they're throwing out there.. FWP was nice to see this morning. I fear it won't be too good for my Evos battery though.

The marketplace for FWP keeps failing skin downloads. It must be hammered right now.

I have been waiting for this :) I have been using the free version for a few months and enjoyed that. I was getting the failed skin download too. It started working for me about 10 minutes ago, took a few minutes to download one of them.

I downloaded FWP even though I bought Beautiful Widgets a while ago. Might give it a try to see which I like better. Anyone try both?

I've been using Beautiful Widgets and gave Fancy Widgets a try today. It's virtually the same thing but the FW skins market doesn't work at all. People claim it's "faster" than BW but I didn't notice any difference. It's not worth switching IMO, especially since the skins market doesn't even work.
On the other hand, since FW is free today, if you don't have BW you might as well jump on that instead.

[quote name='prettycrazy']Getting somewhat tired of the crappy games they're throwing out there.. FWP was nice to see this morning. I fear it won't be too good for my Evos battery though.

The marketplace for FWP keeps failing skin downloads. It must be hammered right now.[/QUOTE]

Have you downloaded the app SuperPower? It allows you to turn off your radio when you're not using your phone along with some other features. I also rooted my phone so I don't have all of those Sense features draining my battery. I normally get around 13 hours of use out of my Evo running the gingerbread rom.

glad i got this for free. Seems to run slow when looking for more widgets if it even works at all. I'm going to play around with it later and try to get it set up just like the stock one but just a different look.

[quote name='sendme']glad i got this for free. Seems to run slow when looking for more widgets if it even works at all. I'm going to play around with it later and try to get it set up just like the stock one but just a different look.[/QUOTE]

Just browse through wi-fi. The themes are awesome. I have the honeycomb one but the angry bird one is sweet!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Have you downloaded the app SuperPower? It allows you to turn off your radio when you're not using your phone along with some other features. I also rooted my phone so I don't have all of those Sense features draining my battery. I normally get around 13 hours of use out of my Evo running the gingerbread rom.[/QUOTE]
I have JuiceDefender. I just bought Ultimate last night. When I first got my phone it lasted around 6 hours.. with JD I can get around 12-14 hours with moderate usage throughout the day. Heck, I've hit 30 hours with low usage a couple times.

I did a temp root on my phone when I first got it. Did a backup and removed a lot of crap apps. That Nascar icon drove me @#%ing insane until I couldn't take it anymore and finally decided to do something about it. I would do a full root, but I really don't feel like taking a chance on messing up my phone (chances are I wouldn't, I've messed with firmware on many devices before, but being that this is my phone I would rather not even take a chance).. that, and I have this strange desire to keep it stock for some reason.

I ended up uninstalling FWP. I guess I'm VERY picky, but I couldn't find a skin that I actually liked. I'll just stick with the standard clock/weather widget.

[quote name='prettycrazy']I have JuiceDefender. I just bought Ultimate last night. When I first got my phone it lasted around 6 hours.. with JD I can get around 12-14 hours with moderate usage throughout the day. Heck, I've hit 30 hours with low usage a couple times.

I did a temp root on my phone when I first got it. Did a backup and removed a lot of crap apps. That Nascar icon drove me @#%ing insane until I couldn't take it anymore and finally decided to do something about it. I would do a full root, but I really don't feel like taking a chance on messing up my phone (chances are I wouldn't, I've messed with firmware on many devices before, but being that this is my phone I would rather not even take a chance).. that, and I have this strange desire to keep it stock for some reason.

I ended up uninstalling FWP. I guess I'm VERY picky, but I couldn't find a skin that I actually liked. I'll just stick with the standard clock/weather widget.[/QUOTE]

That's cool man. I did a full root so I could remove those bloatware apps. So annoying! Lol

Very impressed wtih the xoom'x battery life. Supposedly the Ipad's is even better? That's crazy. I charged this thing for like 3 hours yesterday when I got it and I haven't had to charge it since. My reader that runs droid dies out in like 4 hours.

Ok, this new app, I have no idea how it works. I click it and get some menus but they don't do anything.

bread's done
Back