Amazon announces Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition - $87.96 360 / $99.96 PS3

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2

Xbox 360 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Sp..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265463895&sr=1-3

$99.96

41fPP9IvmOL._AA280_.jpg

Looks like the set includes a few posters, cards, a book about Art Deco designs, and a collector box.

---

Update 1/20/10 - pre-order for PS3 and get a Big Daddy outfit for you Home avatar :lol:

ref=amb_link_37969842_3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Also, for those who maybe looking for another copy, especially locally, Target will be selling these come Tuesday. I'm not sure how much each store will have as far as allocation, but it's yet one more area you can check.[/QUOTE]

Knowing Target, they'll probably throw those security ropes around these and mangle the packaging ... just like they do with everything else that's high value and has nice packaging ... needless to say, wasn't particularly happy when they did that to the last Batman Animated Series complete I picked up.

I stand by my prediction.
this will become extinct just as fast as original bioshock LE did.
it's absolutely one of the best limited editions we've ever got.
vinyl soundtrack to the first game, cd to 2nd(since it's 10 years later, - how appropriate ^^ ).
first LE had a soundtrack, but stripped down to bare minimum, if that.

[quote name='pRINCESS-iSABELA']
vinyl soundtrack to the first game, cd to 2nd(since it's 10 years later, - how appropriate ^^ ).[/QUOTE]

Lol .. yeah, I remember trading in all my records for CDs after 10 years ... hehe ;)

Is it possible to change a GS.com order from ground shipping to overnight without canceling the order? I have the LE pre-ordered for 360 from GS, and I got free ground shipping, but there's a possible snow-day on Tues. and I want to play this bad!!!! Would I just call up CS and have them do it? I can't cancel the order because they don't sell it anymore, so I'm really unsure. Any advice would be helpful!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Is it possible to change a GS.com order from ground shipping to overnight without canceling the order? I have the LE pre-ordered for 360 from GS, and I got free ground shipping, but there's a possible snow-day on Tues. and I want to play this bad!!!! Would I just call up CS and have them do it? I can't cancel the order because they don't sell it anymore, so I'm really unsure. Any advice would be helpful![/QUOTE]

Rule of Thumb: Call Customer Service. Though I'm not sure they are still open and/or can even make shipping changes this close to the release.

Uhh amazon has changed it's preorder for the PC version to " Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

What the hell? I preordered when this thread was made...

And I can't preorder the PC version on ebgames.com anymore.

Thank you amazon.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Rule of Thumb: Call Customer Service. Though I'm not sure they are still open and/or can even make shipping changes this close to the release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I called about an hour ago. They said no dice 'cuz it's already been packaged. Hopefully that means I wont have to wait too long, though!

[quote name='ne2eire']Uhh amazon has changed it's preorder for the PC version to " Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

Thank you amazon.[/QUOTE]

It's been like that for a bit, and yes, GS is terrible about cutting off preorders on highly-anticipated games (especially CEs) early before its actual release.

Do you guys think the LE guide will be rare? I ordered on Amazon, but it says that it will take 1-4 weeks to ship, so does that mean they'll get more in but they just don't know when or what? I really want the LE guide, but $35 is a bit much. Any advice?

People still buy guides!? o_O

Not to mention they actually produce LIMITED EDITION guides? What has the gaming world come to...

*Sidenote: Anyone see the "tags" feature for this thread...(look above)...lol.

I'm really just interested in it because of the lithos, but a hardcover book that can help me kick Big Sister butt is still good!

The people who give a "sh#t" about vinyl records are people who are old enough to have enjoyed them back in the day, or those hipsters, who think they're cool with their yarn beanies and flip flop shoes and can use the word "vintage".

I want that box though. I like a nice, sturdy box.

I want that box though. I like a nice, sturdy box.

totally agree. I want the set, but not for 100 bucks. but it comes in a nice box which made me want it again. regardless i dont even have the money for the standard edition right now lol

[quote name='geosooner']who gives a sh#t about vinyl records? at least a figurine looks cool on my shelf... pass![/QUOTE]

wow, some kind of a radical, huh?
let me ask you this:
vinyl doesn't look cool on a shelf?
additionally if you have right equipment you can actually dive into melodies of rapture.

+ 1 for vinyl.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']The people who give a "sh#t" about vinyl records are people who are old enough to have enjoyed them back in the day, or those hipsters, who think they're cool with their yarn beanies and flip flop shoes and can use the word "vintage".

I want that box though. I like a nice, sturdy box.[/QUOTE]

or it's for people who enjoy 50's/60's vibe this game has, vinyl is a spot on object for Bioshock LE.
it represents climate of Rapture.
it's way cooler than a figurine (you can always get a toy from third party , you won't be able to buy a vinyl of bioshock anywhere).
but whatever, I guess some people just don't get it.

[quote name='ne2eire']Uhh amazon has changed it's preorder for the PC version to " Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

Thank you amazon.[/QUOTE]

doesn't this just mean the pc version sold out, and if someone wanted one they would be notified if they came back in stock? that's what i always thought.

To the those who grew up in this digital age, they will never know the pleasure of listening to vinyl records. The vinyl record is the perfect companion piece for this game. It complements the atmosphere of Rapture. It's like getting a real souvenir from Rapture.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']To the those who grew up in this digital age, they will never know the pleasure of listening to vinyl records. The vinyl record is the perfect companion piece for this game. It complements the atmosphere of Rapture. It's like getting a real souvenir from Rapture.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, vinyl is not dead. Those who get into audio enough will still pursue the format, and it is a given that people will continue to make records.

completely true. The "who kill amanda palmer" album I bought about two years ago, the limited edition came with a vinyl. Very nice stuff. The format is dead commercially, but there are always those dedicated to buying them.

[quote name='Nico0020']completely true. The "who kill amanda palmer" album I bought about two years ago, the limited edition came with a vinyl. Very nice stuff. The format is dead commercially, but there are always those dedicated to buying them.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, because there are so many bands out there who continually release 7" splits and even cassettes. There's still a decent group of people out there who love and buy vinyls as much as cds, and I really love when bands release limited pressed colored vinyls, like the Boris three single 7" that if you pre-ordered on Southern Lord, you got em on purple vinyl and a special fourth vinyl as well. The entire group of all four go on Ebay for $100+.

As much as I don't want to play this game, bundling in a vinyl was by far the best thing they could have done for an add on. No more broken Big Daddy statues, and no "bonus" downloadable maps or stuff like that. I wish that Big Daddy plushie came in the box, but I guess that saves me the $90 I'd have to throw down on a game I don't want, when I can buy the plushie for $25 shipped instead.

Is it irrational for me to be somewhat tempted to get the CE even though I have not even finished the first game (due to the fact that I am a little afraid to play it)?

I suppose I'm a sucker for soundtracks and although it freaks me out I found the sound in Bioshock 1 so far to be great. Are the songs on the record the same as on the CD? I don't have a turntable but am actually more interested in the CD which contains lossless audio of the soundtrack (as opposed to the crappy lossy stuff you buy online).

I do kind of agree about the size of the box though. It'd be cool to get one that is DVD-sized but when you've got a record and lithograph posters and a big art book, what are you gonna do? Maybe it would have been cool to have the game put inside a nice exclusive DVD sized case which you could keep on the shelf with your other games and then put the box with the other stuff away.

Ruahrc

[quote name='geosooner']who gives a sh#t about vinyl records? at least a figurine looks cool on my shelf... pass![/QUOTE]

I do, i've been buying vinyl for a three years or since my dad gave me his old record player set up.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']To the those who grew up in this digital age, they will never know the pleasure of listening to vinyl records. .[/QUOTE]

Especially the pleasure of watching your $$$ import get a nice big scratch as some drunken moron bumps into the stereo cabinet while trying to pick up your girlfriend and sends the needle skipping from track 2 to track 11. Gosh how I miss those days.

That said, I think it is a great pack-in for Bioshock2... I'll probably frame it and stick it on a wall.

I did a little more looking at the bioshock 1 soundtrack, and found that it is only about 16 minutes long? All of the tracks in it are extremely short.

Is there anywhere that someone could find a definitive listing of what songs/scores are included on both the cd and/or the vinyl edition of the soundtracks, and how long they are? If the BS2 soundtrack is only like 20 minutes long again, I don't think it would be worth it.

But, if it includes a lot of good music (does it include the oldies played in the game too?) it would really make me consider picking it up.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']I did a little more looking at the bioshock 1 soundtrack, and found that it is only about 16 minutes long? All of the tracks in it are extremely short.

Is there anywhere that someone could find a definitive listing of what songs/scores are included on both the cd and/or the vinyl edition of the soundtracks, and how long they are? If the BS2 soundtrack is only like 20 minutes long again, I don't think it would be worth it.

But, if it includes a lot of good music (does it include the oldies played in the game too?) it would really make me consider picking it up.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this too.

vinyl's are not the common thing nowadays and technology has changed. I can appreciate some vinyl's but I personally don't have 1 and i'd have to go looking for one and buy one as well so it's more work. Now, you can also get the vinyl and rip it onto ya pc and burn it as a cd if you'd like but that is more work too and you have to have the programs/equipment. Overall, most people don't have a vinyl and it's alot of work to listen to the music elsewhere from the vinyl so no go. It's not worth the extra $40 honestly unless you are a hardcore collector. I will just be getting it @ tru with the figurines and gc.

The way I see it is this. That vinyl is getting framed and going up on the wall with the litho's. People are always asking about the masquerade ball.

I'm sure *someone* on the interwebs will rip the vinyl to mp3s. I'm not advocating piracy - tho the ppl who will do that don't NEED me to advocate it. What I'm saying is, if I buy the CE (which I am), then I'm perfectly within my rights to then d/l mp3s of the music on that LP. I have the vinyl for display/collector purposes, and I can listen to the music. All with minimal effort. I don't have to purchase an entire studio to accomplish this, because someone else out there undoubtedly already has.

[quote name='argyle']I'm sure *someone* on the interwebs will rip the vinyl to mp3s. I'm not advocating piracy - tho the ppl who will do that don't NEED me to advocate it. What I'm saying is, if I buy the CE (which I am), then I'm perfectly within my rights to then d/l mp3s of the music on that LP. I have the vinyl for display/collector purposes, and I can listen to the music. All with minimal effort. I don't have to purchase an entire studio to accomplish this, because someone else out there undoubtedly already has.[/QUOTE]

You also get the same music on a cd that is also included with the CE.

[quote name='argyle']I'm sure *someone* on the interwebs will rip the vinyl to mp3s. I'm not advocating piracy - tho the ppl who will do that don't NEED me to advocate it. What I'm saying is, if I buy the CE (which I am), then I'm perfectly within my rights to then d/l mp3s of the music on that LP. I have the vinyl for display/collector purposes, and I can listen to the music. All with minimal effort. I don't have to purchase an entire studio to accomplish this, because someone else out there undoubtedly already has.[/QUOTE]
Well considering its the Bioshock 1 score on the Lp its already available for free off the cultofrapture site.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']You also get the same music on a cd that is also included with the CE.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the cd has the score to Bioshock 2 - the LP has the score to the original Bioshock.

[quote name='blissskr']Well considering its the Bioshock 1 score on the Lp its already available for free off the cultofrapture site.[/QUOTE]

Well there you go then. :p

[quote name='icyjones']doesn't this just mean the pc version sold out, and if someone wanted one they would be notified if they came back in stock? that's what i always thought.[/QUOTE]

I preordered with them the same day this thread was created. I find it hard to believe they sold out the same day...

[quote name='SDC']To be fair, vinyl is not dead. Those who get into audio enough will still pursue the format, and it is a given that people will continue to make records.[/QUOTE]

They arent purists, they're stubborn. If they'd stop intentionally fuggin up the mastering on CDs [see loudness war] there would be no reason for vinyl at all other than collectability.

That said, most audiophiles have changed over to the digital age and simply use lossless or high quality lossy formats of compression. Generally speaking people cannot tell a difference in a double blind test [DBT], and thats talking about the nut bags who spend way way too much on audio equipment [of which i'm apart of unforunetly] and pride themselves in being analytical about music quality, let alone the masses of kiddies with their ipods and logitech/bose speakers blasting their bloated bass who definitly wouldnt know a difference.

[quote name='qwerty1']They arent purists, they're stubborn. If they'd stop intentionally fuggin up the mastering on CDs [see loudness war] there would be no reason for vinyl at all other than collectability.[/QUOTE]

+1. It could be argued that in an ideal environment (i.e. dust free environment, vibration free environment, ultra high quality components, and using a record that is fresh off the press and has never been played, etc) the vinyl will win out due to its analog nature, but it's more of an academic argument than a practical one.

Regarding the songs on the vinyl/CD... looking at the unboxing video again- seems like the bioshock vinyl has more than the 16 minutes featured on the original cd? It has 2 sides and from what you can see of the track list, it seems to have more than 12 entries.

The Bioshock 2 CD has 26 tracks the lady said... so it should be longer than the original. I would hope. Would still like to see a track list. For those (like myself) who weren't clear on it, it is not the "soundtrack" which is a list of all the real oldie licensed songs they play in the game. They are two separate things which kinda sucks because IMO it would have been very worth it if you got the oldies in it too. (http://kotaku.com/5465388/download-the-bioshock-2-soundtrack-on-tuesday)

Still. For some reason, I'm inexplicably tempted now. I haven't even finished the first game!!! Argh!

Ruahrc

Question: Okay I am going to pre order at TRU. I know there is the "big sister/little sister figures" for free if you pick it up tomorrow, but I keep reading something about a $10 gift card but can't find any info on it. Can someone explain?

If you purchase the game tomorrow at TRU, you get a $10 GC with the Figure pack. The GC is gauranteed, but the pack is limited to first come first serve most likely. Good luck with getting it, but the GC shouldn't be anything to worry about.

One a different note, my copy of the LE has SHIPPED from GS.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to dive into Rapture again!!! Anybody going to a launch party? If you want to be super nice, could anybody who's going pick me up some swag if they can? I will be snowed in, so I can't go get some for myself. I's be willing to pay shipping, and probably a little extra for your troubles. PM me if anyone is willing!!!!!!!!

No idea, there's a possibility there won't even be any, but if there is, I'm really hoping someone can help me out. Even like a poster would be sweet.

Just curious for those who ordered from amazon. The bioshock regular edition has release day delivery, but what about the collectors edition? mine is showing two day.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just curious for those who ordered from amazon. The bioshock regular edition has release day delivery, but what about the collectors edition? mine is showing two day.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get release day since it's part of a large order, 2 day only, but it is "shipping soon" so I imagine it'll get here the day after release as all of my games do.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Unfortunately that does not mention ANYTHING regarding GS's midnight launch event...[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Unfortunately that does not mention ANYTHING regarding GS's midnight launch event...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Exactly what I was thinking!!![/QUOTE]

So what happened to calling the store to find out?

bread's done
Back