Amazon announces some Black Friday deals

I hope the BF4 isn't a lightening deal. More so I hope the BF4 is a lightening deal at like 8 PM or late afternoon. I am going to be annoyed if I can't take advantage of the deal because I had errands to run. I mean I am sure Wal Mart or GS will pull through but still...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can that be considered a deal? I mean, I snagged that Black Ops Wi-Fi model last year for $199. Are there a lot of 3G Vita owners? It's through ATT&T so I can only assume the connection is shit. Wi-Fi's where it's at.
Well, if you turn off the 3G in the menu, you have a wi-fi vita (with gps). If it's not a bundle, the Gamestop one still isn't much of a deal, though, since some stores still have the launch bundles (that come with an 8 GB memory card) for $199.99. I walked by two tonight, myself.

so I have to check back every ten fuck ing minutes to find out when FIFA 14 is on sale? or is that not a lighting deal?

I have to be drunk to even consider that... the things I will do to buy a game to give to my gf to give to me for christmas

looks like some good deals in here, thanks OP!

Kinda glad to see there are no AMAZING deals on TV's, makes me feel good about the 40" Samsung I bought last week.

Anyone with a smartphone should get the Amazon app, as that will show what the Lightning Deal schedule is for that day. Wait until 12AM PT and the schedule for that day should be available right afterwards inside of the app.
this is worth quoting, thanks hoss

i'm getting rid of launch 360 and trying to get a new model this month. besides walmart's $100 deal, is this amazon deal ok or should i look elsewhere?

i'm getting rid of launch 360 and trying to get a new model this month. besides walmart's $100 deal, is this amazon deal ok or should i look elsewhere?
There's a bundle that's got a 500GB hard drive and comes with 4 games for $189 on Black Friday. That's the best bundle they've ever had.

Sooo although they show the 360 version of BF 4 on sale, it states underneath the picture, "Save on BF 4 for Xbox One and PS4".. Guess I got my hopes up for nothing :(

Seiki 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV, $229

I'm in for this thing don't I don't see it on the page as some kind of deal that will be happening sunday onward.

Just hope I don't have to wait too long.

Last year they posted calendars of upcoming sale prices and times for games, movies, etc. Anyone know when that got posted last year? I'm ready to do some planning.

Last year they posted calendars of upcoming sale prices and times for games, movies, etc. Anyone know when that got posted last year? I'm ready to do some planning.
i imagine we will see early next week, possibly Monday, since they match prices throughout the week so it would make sense,

There's just one sale I really want from Amazon this Black Friday, and that's for a decent price drop on Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition on the PS3. I held off on the vanilla version for this long because I knew all that DLC price-gouging crap was coming. I'm not paying $5.99 per additional character just to play as Lobo or Batgirl. 

What's everyone's thought on the 55 inch Vizio for $479. Im looking to get a a smart TV and the price looks good. Also Best Buy has the 50 inch Vizio model right now for $449. I would like the 55 inch more but don't know my chances of getting it as a lighntning deal.

I keep reading a rumor that Amazon will have the ps plus for $29.99 on black friday? Is this true because I can't find anything officially about it... If it's true, can anyone point me to it and what day/time etc.

I want that 50 inch TV *___* anyone have any idea of how they're doing this? I read "every 10 minutes", but do I really have to sit here at my PC for the next week refreshing every 10 minutes waiting to see when it goes on sale? 

Ugh I'll probably go sit in line at Walmart I guess...but damn, this would save me so much hassle. SO MUCH. 

I'm more than willing to wait for it to come back in stock some time after xmas, I don't care. 

I keep reading a rumor that Amazon will have the ps plus for $29.99 on black friday? Is this true because I can't find anything officially about it... If it's true, can anyone point me to it and what day/time etc.

I read it myself somewhere in the Amazon pc deals thread. Tony said that they would be matching but I am also not sure if this will be true. I cannot find the post atm.

Don't forget that Amazon also has a guaruntee until end of Devember that if you trade in a 360/ps3 copy of games you get a $25 certificate only good for purchase on next gen console version of game.

This could be very good (getting BF4 on next gen for $30-$40) or very bad (TiV drops to $5 for the 360/ps3 versions)

I've been watching some of the lightning deals today (not just the ones for games), and people snatch that shit up like it's free. Even on stuff that's only $2 off the regular Amazon price, it's gone in seconds.

I've been watching some of the lightning deals today (not just the ones for games), and people snatch that shit up like it's free. Even on stuff that's only $2 off the regular Amazon price, it's gone in seconds.
Amazon has created a system where it's grab now think later. You have 15 mins to check out with no penalty so might as well click

I know how it works. I'm talking about when it hits 100% sold and stays at 100% sold.
Well that's what I mean. You grab it. Feel lucky you got it so might as well buy it. And if you don't, there's someone on the wait list that will feel lucky they are being offered the deal. It's brilliant really.

My girlfriend has been watching lightning deals and she notices that deals go from 100% claimed back down to 80% or whatever as the time limit expires.

Is this $229 TV decent for gaming without any noticable lag?I don't know much about TVs and I'm not sure if 6.5 ms is fast enough for gaming.  If 6.5 ms is good, how about the rest of the specs?  Is this a good TV?

Seiki 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV

• 49.5-inch diagonal HDTV with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio and 60Hz refresh rate
  • 150 cd/m2 brightness
  • 1500:1 dynamic contrast ratio
  • 178 degrees (H) x 178 degrees (V) viewing angle
  • 6.5 ms response time

Is this $229 TV decent for gaming without any noticable lag?I don't know much about TVs and I'm not sure if 6.5 ms is fast enough for gaming. If 6.5 ms is good, how about the rest of the specs? Is this a good TV?

Seiki 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV

• 49.5-inch diagonal HDTV with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio and 60Hz refresh rate
  • 150 cd/m2 brightness
  • 1500:1 dynamic contrast ratio
  • 178 degrees (H) x 178 degrees (V) viewing angle
  • 6.5 ms response time
Will it work for your needs? Sure it will. Will it have the best picture quality/build/longevity/features. Nah

Is this $229 TV decent for gaming without any noticable lag?I don't know much about TVs and I'm not sure if 6.5 ms is fast enough for gaming. If 6.5 ms is good, how about the rest of the specs? Is this a good TV?
Just be mindful that's gray to gray response time. Look up the black to white specs for it first to get a real perspective.

You do it in the PS4 interface as a download. No code needed I believe.
Nah...you have to redeem the code that is included in ps3 game case on your ps3, then visit the ps store on your PS4 and buy the digital version for $10. You'll have to insert the ps3 disc everytime to play ps4 digital version:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/

The program ends Jan. so to answer op, yea it should still gave the upgrade code.

I've been looking for a 1080p TV to upgrade from my 32" 720p Vizio to go along with my next gen systems, but 50" won't fit. Gonna have to go elsewhere.

Nah...you have to redeem the code that is included in ps3 game case on your ps3, then visit the ps store on your PS4 and buy the digital version for $10. You'll have to insert the ps3 disc everytime to play ps4 digital version:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/

The program ends Jan. so to answer op, yea it should still gave the upgrade code.
The program ends January 31st for ac but it doesn't end until march 28th for bf4 so there's plenty of time

anyone know when the first deal starts? I really hope i dont miss Beyond, assuming its on there.  Sucks that $35 is the new minimum for free shipping

bread's done
Back