Amazon: Batman Beyond: Complete Series (9pc) (W/Book) Pre-Order $71

skiizim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond...sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1282102941&sr=8-3-spell

Additional Offers From WarnerBrosShop for $79.99+tax: Use Coupon Code ANNMES for $20 off Note:Takes Free Shipping away. Thanks to aTaRiFrEak223 and Friend of Sonic
http://www.wbshop.com/Batman-Beyond-...,pd.html?cgid=

Release Date 11/23/10, free RDD with Amazon Prime.

Description of what's included, http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-complete-series-announced/14148

If you really want this don't hold out, most of you already know what happened with Batman: TAS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really really tempted as you know this will be outta print real soon. I missed tas and regretted it until I was lucky enough to be one of the few that got it when amazon found a stash they had missed. I doubt I get that lucky twice

The problem I have with this set is it doesn't have the movie, the static shock episode, or the 3 justice league episodes. While i wouldn't figure the static and 2 of the JL episodes would matter but to not include the movie and the JL episode that served as a series finally on there makes this seem like its not really worth it.

[quote name='capybara554321']The problem I have with this set is it doesn't have the movie, the static shock episode, or the 3 justice league episodes. While i wouldn't figure the static and 2 of the JL episodes would matter but to not include the movie and the JL episode that served as a series finally on there makes this seem like its not really worth it.[/QUOTE]
Is that JL episode in the individual DVD sets? I'm going that route since it's cheaper. I want to know if I have to look out for an extra DVD. I'm not sure if I've seen that episode.

[quote name='capybara554321']The problem I have with this set is it doesn't have the movie, the static shock episode, or the 3 justice league episodes. While i wouldn't figure the static and 2 of the JL episodes would matter but to not include the movie and the JL episode that served as a series finally on there makes this seem like its not really worth it.[/QUOTE]

The movie is the first few episodes of the series. So, it SHOULD be included with Season 1.

Bought! Got it from WBShop. $66.xx after ANNMES coupon, filler DVD for free shipping, & tax. Also went through the FatWallet link, so that should actually negate the tax. With Bing Cashback dead, I need to remember to go through FW now.

For anyone wondering about the packaging direct from Warner, when they used to have their old site, everything always came very well padded, though there were a few times I got a single movie in an excessively large box, though with lots of protection. I think I've bought from them since the move to the new site, but I'm not 100% sure. If they made the switch by last August, I'd say the same packaging comments apply. (Nice to see my order history carried over between site revisions. That's why I can't be certain.)

Wait there were 3 Justice League episodes?!

I only know of the Batman Beyond Finale episode... which I still haven't seen. What episodes were the 3 Justice League ones?

[quote name='ssjmichael']I know this isn't TAS complete series that's OOP, but is this set legit? I never saw this set before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Batman-Animated-Series-Collectors-Edition-/280550494579?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray

[/QUOTE]

I was curious enough to do a little digging, and it turns out that this set is indeed legit. You can read this thread: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99893 to see that it's legit.

There was indeed a 10-volume DVD set of Batman: The Animated Series released by Columbia House. The Toon Zone thread confirms the cover and slimline cases shown in the eBay auction. However, I would caution against buying this set because it's incomplete. It only covers 60 episodes from the series. Columbia House stopped at volume 10 after WB announced their own plans for DVD sets (which are the individual sets still being sold to this day).

Ah I see, thanks for digging up that info! I wasn't really considering to buy it since it'd be like ~$60 with shipping, and for that price I could probably piece together the individual and more complete sets. I really do wish they re-released The complete TAS series boxset though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:drool:

One of the best Batman series ever. I wish it would have gone on for more than 3 seasons though.[/QUOTE]
They've started a comic book series that picks up after the show.

Bumping this again, less then 2 weeks before it gets released! Price still hasn't changed but Justice League will hold me over until this comes out.

RightStuf just added this to their website and if you're a GotAnime member you can get it cheaper than Amazon. I also used the $4 of any order of $60 or more coupon from their latest catalog to bring my total down to $63.89.

Just got mine in today. It complements TAS box set very well. My question is after I finish watching TAS, I have like 4 episodes left, should I move into Justice League or Batman Beyond? Does it matter?

[quote name='DariusWIND']Just got mine in today. It complements TAS box set very well. My question is after I finish watching TAS, I have like 4 episodes left, should I move into Justice League or Batman Beyond? Does it matter?[/QUOTE]

It's been a few years since I watched all my DCAU DVDs, but IIRC there are a few episodes of Batman Beyond that have some appearances from Justice League, and one episode of Justice League acts as an "end" to Batman Beyond. Pretty sure I watched in this order:

Batman: TAS
Superman: TAS
Batman Beyond
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

Here's an episode order guide someone put together:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91726

[quote name='grassmonk']It's been a few years since I watched all my DCAU DVDs, but IIRC there are a few episodes of Batman Beyond that have some appearances from Justice League, and one episode of Justice League acts as an "end" to Batman Beyond. Pretty sure I watched in this order:

Batman: TAS
Superman: TAS
Batman Beyond
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

Here's an episode order guide someone put together:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91726[/QUOTE]

You mean to tell me that the Batman, Superman, and Justice League tv shows all intermingle story-wise? That's pretty deep lol. I've only seen Batman: TAS so I never knew the future animated shows followed a shared story arc.

I got the set. I haven't opened it yet, but I noticed it's smaller than the TAS set lol. Like a mini-me set. I'm sure it's nice once I open it up though.

[quote name='DariusWIND']Just got mine in today. It complements TAS box set very well. My question is after I finish watching TAS, I have like 4 episodes left, should I move into Justice League or Batman Beyond? Does it matter?[/QUOTE]

The episode guide was a bit overkill if you ask me.

I'd say to BTAS, STAS, then watch BB, then JL, JLU.

The reason for this is that's how they were produced, but more importantly their are filler episodes that you'll totally miss out (the deeper connections) on if you don't watch them in that order, especially if you skip over BB, and jump straight into JL & JLU.

There is cross over between Batman and Superman, but not too much, they were created to stand on their own.

The other shows as well, but they added little winks, nudges and throwbacks to episodes they wanted to do in the other series but could not for various reasons. Plus I personally wouldn't like to watch the final BB episode on JL Season 1, without having gotten to know and appreciate Terry's character, plus you'd miss out on another episode earlier in the season that he has a role in as well.

That's my take on how I'd watch them (and did actually) and I think that was the most fulfilling.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I got the set. I haven't opened it yet, but I noticed it's smaller than the TAS set lol. Like a mini-me set. I'm sure it's nice once I open it up though.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap your right, I didn't notice that when eying it from across the room. Am I missing much by skipping Superman, or should I be picking that up too?

Batman Beyond Complete Animated Series - 60$!!!!!!!
Barnes and Noble
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...ries/e/883929104444/?itm=1&USRI=batman+beyond

Use Coupon Code: C3N8F7W (Exp. 12/31)

Ends up at about 59.50 + Tax

Was about $62 bucks free shipping.

Get it while it lasts as you know this is a limited edition run as original batman was I wouldn't try and hold out for better price. You'll just miss out and then see priced jacked up to $100+

I think they just need to release they released everything else aside from any static shock and the second season of the zeta project. And then it could be in chronological order.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back