Amazon BD Mark Downs

benfrankly

CAG Veteran
Perfect Storm, Constantine, the Searchers, A History of Violence, Wyatt Earp, the Aviator, the Lake House, Music & Lyrics, Scooby Doo, Sukiyaki Western Django at $7.99

Heathers at $5.99

Some of these have been really cheap for a few days, others were marked down today.

[quote name='Jim Beam']Corpse Bride is $7.99 as well - has it always been that cheap?[/QUOTE]

It's been $9.99 for a while, I think it hit $7.99 during black friday week.

LA Confidential is 11.99.

I can't take all these drops! All of these cheap BD's and Akira BD won't drop a buck.

[quote name='exRounder']All of these cheap BD's and Akira BD won't drop a buck.[/QUOTE]
For real. These anime blu-rays just won't budge. I'm surprised Ghost in the Shell 2.0 hit 10.99 or 8.99 (frys)

[quote name='Jim Beam']Corpse Bride is $7.99 as well - has it always been that cheap?[/QUOTE]

Defiantly gota grab that.

[quote name='exRounder']LA Confidential is 11.99.

I can't take all these drops! All of these cheap BD's and Akira BD won't drop a buck.[/QUOTE]

Just watched that in class and was assigned to read the script. Great movie, and worth it at that price.

[quote name='mousebites']Just watched that in class and was assigned to read the script. Great movie, and worth it at that price.[/QUOTE]

yeah i'm doing some research into film noir, but man, am i bleeding money right now so i cancelled my order. le sigh.

I can't take all these drops! All of these cheap BD's and Akira BD won't drop a buck.[/QUOTE]

Grrr I know! I won't pay more than 18 for a Blu Ray and Akira just won't freaking budge. It's extremely annoying.

Indeed. These drops are getting ridiculous. I might just have to upgrade every DVD to Blu Ray if this continues.

Of course, Sin City and Akira are the two I'd really like to get, but can't find either cheap...

[quote name='pcktlnt']For real. These anime blu-rays just won't budge. I'm surprised Ghost in the Shell 2.0 hit 10.99 or 8.99 (frys)[/QUOTE]

to be fair, Claymore is phenomenal and it's below reg. for the series. Decent price acually
$69.98 $38.99
cheaper than the dvd!

[quote name='nakedninja']want gladiator and kingdom of heaven[/QUOTE]

keep an eye our ant best buy, i got kingdom for 12.99 and gladiator for 15 (5 if you count the dvd to blu-ray upgrade coupon that came with it)

[quote name='fizzywix']Is sukiyaki western django worth it?[/QUOTE]

It was a decent film if you know what you're getting yourself into. That is, intentionally badly delivered dialogue, no realism, and a strange plot, but I bet the thing looks beastly in HD.

I have only seen a couple Takeshi Miike films. Not the biggest fan, but Ichi and Happiness of the Katakuris are pretty win.

Also, I will pick up LA Confidential :D

[quote name='karkyco']Of course, Sin City and Akira are the two I'd really like to get, but can't find either cheap...[/QUOTE]

Sadly I bit on Sin City two months ago cause I just couldn't see it dropping. Here's to hoping I don't budge with Akira or even Paprika for that matter.

I passed up on the $9.99 for Troy. I was going to get Troy, Kingdom of Heaven and the Wild Bunch for $34 or so with no tax and free shipping but hesitated due to my cheapyness. SACK OF WINE!

Does anyone know if Bestbuy is still selling Troy for 10 bucks?

[quote name='fizzywix']Is sukiyaki western django worth it?[/QUOTE]

I personally didn't like it, although you might not be disappointed at an $8 asking price. I'm a huge fan of westerns and a huge fan of Japanese cinema, but this just didn't work for me. If you want a good Asian western, watch The Good, the Bad, the Weird instead.

[quote name='HellFollowed']I passed up on the $9.99 for Troy. I was going to get Troy, Kingdom of Heaven and the Wild Bunch for $34 or so with no tax and free shipping but hesitated due to my cheapyness. SACK OF WINE!

Does anyone know if Bestbuy is still selling Troy for 10 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Meh, I would wait on Troy. Every week it seems as though someone has it on sale/discounted for $10 or less...

[quote name='H22A']Nice drops. I'm likely to go for Dark City at $7.99.[/QUOTE]

I wish I'd held out for $7.99. I bought it for $9.49 thinking it wouldn't drop below that price. Similar to my buying Raging Bull for $8.99. Too good to pass on for these prices.

What's the deal anyway with anime's seemingly never going down in price? I don't know the economics behind it but it's frustrating from a CAG point of view. I noticed Disney and Dreamworks kids movies rarely go on sale either.

[quote name='JoshTX']What's the deal anyway with anime's seemingly never going down in price? I don't know the economics behind it but it's frustrating from a CAG point of view. I noticed Disney and Dreamworks kids movies rarely go on sale either.[/QUOTE]Because they have select markets and those markets alraedy know what they want and pretty much buy those items too. They know they aren't going to appeal to all masses and therefore don't have to price to do so. So they keep retail high and make sales on their key market, which tend to be loyal regardless of the price.

[quote name='exRounder']Sadly I bit on Sin City two months ago cause I just couldn't see it dropping. Here's to hoping I don't budge with Akira or even Paprika for that matter.[/QUOTE]

I got Paprika for around $12 through J&R during one of their sales a while back. I've seen it discounted down to $15 a few other times as well.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Because they have select markets and those markets alraedy know what they want and pretty much buy those items too. They know they aren't going to appeal to all masses and therefore don't have to price to do so. So they keep retail high and make sales on their key market, which tend to be loyal regardless of the price.[/QUOTE]

Nice analysis.

I bit on L.A. Confidential for 11.99. I was planning on keeping my blu-ray collection small but Amazon keeps putting up these deals. I

[quote name='benfrankly']Perfect Storm, Constantine, the Searchers, A History of Violence, Wyatt Earp, the Aviator, the Lake House, Music & Lyrics, Scooby Doo, Sukiyaki Western Django at $7.99

Heathers at $5.99

Some of these have been really cheap for a few days, others were marked down today.[/QUOTE]

Do anyone know if any of these are upgradeable from SD DVD with a saving?

Ocean's 11 and Wedding Crashers are at 7.99 now as well. I just ordered Ocean's 11 4 days ago at 9.99, would I have any luck if I email amazon?

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I mean to 29.99 or so.[/QUOTE]Sorry, when I read this:

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Why wont firefly the complete series ever drop........./cry[/QUOTE]

Doesn't give me any indication of what price you were referring to.

I doubt you'd see it below $40 for a while. Fan demand on it is good enough to keep it selling enough at that price.

Ya, best I was able to get was $38.25 from BN.com when it was on sale for $45 and there was a coupon which stacked with it a little over a year ago.

[quote name='shrike4242']The Searchers has been $7.99 for a while, actually.[/QUOTE]

Highly recommend that one if you like John Wayne. PQ is incredible too!!

bread's done
Back