Amazon & Best Buy blu-ray: Deadwood complete $60 + more Amazon blu-ray collections...

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Best Buy:

Deadwood complete series (blu-ray) $59.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deadwoo...d=2142569&skuId=1405593&st=deadwood&lp=1&cp=1

Amazon.com

Blu-ray
:

Rome complete series blu-ray $45
http://www.amazon.com/Rome-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B0028RXXFC/

Deadwood complete series blu-ray $60
http://www.amazon.com/Deadwood-Complete-Blu-ray-Timothy-Olyphant/dp/B00129AJFO

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures [Blu-ray] (2011) $49.99
http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Complete-Adventures-Blu-ray/dp/B000NQRE9Q

DVD only:

Twin Peaks: The Complete Series (The Definitive Gold Box Edition) (1990) $36.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UX6THK

Update 1: Added Indiana Jones, Twin Peaks on 2012/10/30
Update 2: Deadwood dropped to $60! 2012/11/04

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember some people ordering this a few months ago and getting the UK packaging. I'm not sure how common of an issue that was though

First they need to bring The Wire, and ALL of The Sopranos seasons for that matter, to bluray and then put them on sale. I bit on Deadwood. Had $49 in Amazon credit, so it only cost me $19. I'll get on Fri. Epic-ness.

[quote name='jcp42877']If only BBY would match...

Psshtt...[/QUOTE]

It's actually the other way around. BBY had the Indy collection in their ad this week for $49.99 and in turn Amazon is price matching BBY on that price point. :p

Still holding off. The Indy thread seemed to disappear that we had recently, but my sentiment remains that I'm not enamored enough to replace my Indy DVD's quite yet. Hoping for a Black Friday special.

[quote name='Double-J']Still holding off. The Indy thread seemed to disappear that we had recently, but my sentiment remains that I'm not enamored enough to replace my Indy DVD's quite yet. Hoping for a Black Friday special.[/QUOTE]

But...but...it has an ugly blue bar at the top of the box! How can you resist that!?

[quote name='DNukem170']But...but...it has an ugly blue bar at the top of the box! How can you resist that!?[/QUOTE]

I do love blu(e)...ugh, the temptation of the dark side!

Oh wait, wrong series. Umm, close your eyes, Marion! :D

bump

amazon and best buy now have deadwood complete (blu) for only $60!
that's $10 less than when it was $70 at amazon a few days ago!

[quote name='joshnorm']I would love to get Deadwood but man the fact that it just leaves it how it did kills me[/QUOTE]

I truly believe that had Deadwood not dropped the F bomb 600 times per episode, it would have had a much, much longer lifespan.

P.S. I love Deadwood, have watched the Complete Series probably five or six times.

[quote name='cranky2']I truly believe that had Deadwood not dropped the F bomb 600 times per episode, it would have had a much, much longer lifespan.

P.S. I love Deadwood, have watched the Complete Series probably five or six times.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you probably right.

I've watched it 3 or 4 times. I remember when I wisdom teeth removed, I watched the complete series again just to pass the time really fast while I was in pain. The painkillers really improved the Deadwood experience as well.

This was all before the show was abruptly cancelled so I was rewatching it in anticipation of the next season that would never happen.

If anyone is wondering if it is worth at blind buy at $60, they answer is yes.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
If anyone is wondering if it is worth at blind buy at $60, they answer is yes.[/QUOTE]

hmm... this is probably swaying me to purchase Deadwood at that price.

what about Rome? is it worth or would it drop further? (i'm guessing it would)

[quote name='Trojann']Dame if only The Wire would go on sale :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

Well Best Buy has the complete series of the Wire on sale for $90 at the moment. Not a crazy good deal, but a small price to pay for one of the greatest shows ever made. I have tried multiple times getting it on Amazon for a good price, but keep on getting bootleg copies. I currently have a bootleg set, which is all that is stopping me from getting it now.

I am pretty tempted on the Deadwood Blu for $60, but it basically amounts to $20 a season at that price. I was spoiled by Best Buy earlier this year when I found the complete Sopranos set for $60.

Compared to let's say "3:10 to Yuma", how is Deadwood?and compared to Spartacus how is Rome?

Have $40 in BBY to blow..

I might pick up something on Amazon. Sorry if this is off topic but I have a couple of identical items unopened. How many of the same movies I can trade in at Amazon? Thanks.

[quote name='jcp42877']Compared to let's say "3:10 to Yuma", how is Deadwood?and compared to Spartacus how is Rome?

Have $40 in BBY to blow..[/QUOTE]

I've never seen Rome, so I can't help on that comparison (I've heard a lot about it, mostly that it is fairly realistic and slower paced, so nothing at all like Spartacus). 3:10 to Yuma (I've only seen the remake, BTW) and Deadwood are pretty different aside from both being in a western setting. 3:10 to Yuma was pretty much an action movie with some character moments while Deadwood is all character moments with little action. But the characters in Deadwood are great and fascinating to watch (Ian McShane is perfection). If you like this type of serialized character-driven show (a la the Sopranos) you will enjoy Deadwood.

[quote name='mpaullin']I've never seen Rome, so I can't help on that comparison (I've heard a lot about it, mostly that it is fairly realistic and slower paced, so nothing at all like Spartacus). 3:10 to Yuma (I've only seen the remake, BTW) and Deadwood are pretty different aside from both being in a western setting. 3:10 to Yuma was pretty much an action movie with some character moments while Deadwood is all character moments with little action. But the characters in Deadwood are great and fascinating to watch (Ian McShane is perfection). If you like this type of serialized character-driven show (a la the Sopranos) you will enjoy Deadwood.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...not sure it's my cup of tea then. Although I'm sure they're good.

Only HBO show I own are Band of Brothers and The Pacific and I enjoyed those. But then again those are war shows, so action is somewhat a given.
I'm more of a Walking Dead/Sons of Anarchy/Dexter kind of guy.

Ala, the shows that end on super climaxes and shockers throughout. I might just save my credit.

bread's done
Back