Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shagino']First come, first served. Having it in your cart doesn't guarantee you anything. There is some conflicting opinions on this but I do not believe there is a hold while the transaction is being done. If it's a good/great deal, it'll be gone in 5 seconds.[/QUOTE]
Edit: New Amazon Terms mean this may no longer be accurate:
This is incorrect for lightning deals. If you put it in your cart during the deal it's good for quite some period of time (hours), regardless of when/if it sells out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plutoknight']You gotta be pretty quick, but I think if you manage to nab it in your cart you have until the deal ends, iirc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drock']This is incorrect for lightning deals. If you put it in your cart during the deal it's good for quite some period of time (hours), regardless of when/if it sells out.[/QUOTE]

This used to be incorrect unless the system glitched(which did happen). Once you claimed the deal on the lightning page and it was in your cart its was valid until around 10pm EST, and did not go away at the end of the deal period. I know for a fact that this was the case except for one time with the 360(which glitched) because I have added multiple lightning deals in my cart and didn't check out until late in the evening.

However, the the terms of the lightning deal have changed either today or a short time before...it now says:

Complete your order through the Shopping Cart as soon as possible after claiming the Lightning Deal. Note: Lightning Deal promotional discounts are only valid until midnight Pacific Time the day claimed and will expire. We cannot honor a Lightning Deal promotional discount after it expires or if the item sells out before you complete your order. Quantities of some items may be limited, and adding an item to your cart does not reserve that item for you.

This is totally new wording as far as I know and changes the system. Whether or not they actually did change the system or they are just trying to cover themselves in case of a glitch like what happened with the 360's and 100 dollar promo credit remains to be seen, but I wouldn't chance it.

[quote name='mbartholow']The twitter page from @amazongames says the following regarding the 9am PST lightening deals:

Amazon’s countdown to Black Friday Deals: four HOT titles at $29.98 (48% off MSRP), 9AM PST. Limited quantities.
[/QUOTE]

That post was made 6 days ago.

I've gotta say, the clue that has me the most curious is "Rock on with this band game for Xbox 360/PS3". The way I see it, GH games are less likely because it has "Rock" and "Band" in the clue. I am hoping it is either a match on the WM $50 RB SE deal, or a deal on Rock Band: Beatles.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Remeber last year when they had seamingly hundreds of games on sale. What's with barely even 10 this year?[/QUOTE]

yes let's reminisce!

i remember, throughout the course of the week, amazon lowering a bunch of DS games to ridiculous prices until they sold out. i scored lots of fairly recent releases for $9.95 each.

do it again amazon!

[quote name='caltab']This used to be incorrect unless the system glitched(which did happen). Once you claimed the deal on the lightning page and it was in your cart its was valid until around 10pm EST, and did not go away at the end of the deal period. I know for a fact that this was the case except for one time with the 360(which glitched) because I have added multiple lightning deals in my cart and didn't check out until late in the evening.

However, the the terms of the lightning deal have changed either today or a short time before...it now says:

Complete your order through the Shopping Cart as soon as possible after claiming the Lightning Deal. Note: Lightning Deal promotional discounts are only valid until midnight Pacific Time the day claimed and will expire. We cannot honor a Lightning Deal promotional discount after it expires or if the item sells out before you complete your order. Quantities of some items may be limited, and adding an item to your cart does not reserve that item for you.

This is totally new wording as far as I know and changes the system. Whether or not they actually did change the system or they are just trying to cover themselves in case of a glitch like what happened with the 360's and 100 dollar promo credit remains to be seen, but I wouldn't chance it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that sucks. I hate the "hurry up and buy it" mentality. That just encourages a lot of orders to go through that will be without the discount. I figured they would have learned their lesson from the Xbox 360 fiasco that you want to give people time to review their purchase before going through with it. With B&M sales, if you have the item in your shopping cart, it won't just magic away. I don't know why Amazon has to be any different.

[quote name='caltab']

This is totally new wording as far as I know and changes the system. Whether or not they actually did change the system or they are just trying to cover themselves in case of a glitch like what happened with the 360's and 100 dollar promo credit remains to be seen, but I wouldn't chance it.[/QUOTE]
Good pickup. That's an interesting change... I guess we'll see how it works in practice today if the sales are any good.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Remeber last year when they had seamingly hundreds of games on sale. What's with barely even 10 this year?[/QUOTE]

It's the first day and not even black friday yet. Give it time.

So there are 6 titles and 4 sound like they will be $29.98 from the Twitter. #1 with Captain Olimar is Pikmin, so we know that one will be one of the lower ones. If we get something like Big Beach Sports for the "Get ready for fun in the sun" that could be too. I guess we will wait and see. I know they did 360 Fight Night on a Lighting Deal for like $34.98 a couple weeks ago, so I would not be surprised to see it at the "great discount" of $29.98 now.

My main quarrel about having to purchase an item immediately is that I may have to pay for shipping if it's under $25...whereas if I could add a few lightening deals to my cart it would easily qualify for free shipping... guess there's not really a way around that?

damn it the last one has to be a PSP go and I just pulled the trigger on it the other day... didn't even do the $50 psn deal. used a lot of store credit though so my ass doesn't hurt so bad...

[quote name='Grayfox43']My main quarrel about having to purchase an item immediately is that I may have to pay for shipping if it's under $25...whereas if I could add a few lightening deals to my cart it would easily qualify for free shipping... guess there's not really a way around that?[/QUOTE]

I still kind of think it will work the same as it always has and they are just trying to cover themselves, but I personally wouldn't risk it if its a really good deal you want. I'll probably experiment today with some of the borderline lightning deals to see if they disappear sooner.

I hope they match the WM's $98 DS Lite, GS's Arkham Asylum, and have a decent deal for LBP GOTY and InFamous.

Any clue as to how much the DSi bundle will be Friday?

[quote name='Grayfox43']My main quarrel about having to purchase an item immediately is that I may have to pay for shipping if it's under $25...whereas if I could add a few lightening deals to my cart it would easily qualify for free shipping... guess there's not really a way around that?[/QUOTE]

Can't you combine orders after the fact? If you checkout with 1-click, I'm pretty sure they give you 90 minutes to do so...at least Amazon Japan does.

[quote name='FiretrUCK']I hope they match the WM's $98 DS Lite, GS's Arkham Asylum, and have a decent deal for LBP GOTY and InFamous.

Any clue as to how much the DSi bundle will be Friday?[/QUOTE]

If it's the same as Best Buy's deals, it'll be $169.99 but come with around $20 worth of pre-downloaded software.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6502146&postcount=709

White DSi Brain Age Bundle
Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
Brain Age Express: Sudoku
Brain Age Express: Math
Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics
Photo Clock

Metallic Blue DSi Mario bundle
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
WarioWare Snapped!
Dr. Mario Express
Mario Calculator
Mario Clock

I've been waiting for amazon to confirm that PS3 deal. I hope that they either offer several different bundle choices to match other retailers' bundles, or just offer a straight-up choice of games.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']No PC game deals?[/QUOTE]
Right? I'm hopeful for a DAO deal on PC, but it looks like we're getting the shaft. :\

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239466

If the PSP Go is $199 or below, I'll be seriously tempted.

I hate that it doesn't have support for physical media, but it's such a damn sexy gadget.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can't you combine orders after the fact? If you checkout with 1-click, I'm pretty sure they give you 90 minutes to do so...at least Amazon Japan does.[/QUOTE]

Appears to be 30mins for American Amazon, but no worries for me!

[quote name='Monroeski']The ones that aren't thieves do.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean the two that aren't thieves do.

Actually I've been buying more stuff on the PC lately myself. No where near what I buy for consoles though.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can't you combine orders after the fact? If you checkout with 1-click, I'm pretty sure they give you 90 minutes to do so...at least Amazon Japan does.[/QUOTE]

So how does this work? I turn on 1 click ordering and then 1 click what I want to buy, but avoid checking out until I combine my order? Can you do that?

[quote name='mikejenks']PC gamers buy games?[/QUOTE]
Only when it's balanced for lean.

God that joke will never get old.

[quote name='Tom Ato']I think you mean the two that aren't thieves do.

Actually I've been buying more stuff on the PC lately myself. No where near what I buy for consoles though.[/QUOTE]
I guess with me being one of those two, the other guy must be pretty rich to have made Steam the huge success that it is. ;)

[quote name='dvdactor']I know they did 360 Fight Night on a Lighting Deal for like $34.98 a couple weeks ago, so I would not be surprised to see it at the "great discount" of $29.98 now.[/QUOTE]

About a month and a half ago they had a lightning deal on FNR4 for the Xbox 360 for $20. I'm hoping for that or a little less and I might use the $20 promo from MW2 to purchase it.

I'm thinking that the limited edition xbox on friday will be a match of target's BF ad. They are giving a $50 gift card with purchase. Doubt it will be much anything better, margins on hardware are pretty tight.

[quote name='NutManIV']So how does this work? I turn on 1 click ordering and then 1 click what I want to buy, but avoid checking out until I combine my order? Can you do that?[/QUOTE]
The only way to "1-click" while avoiding checking out is by adding the item to your cart.

There is a "1-click" purchase button which places the order immediately with whatever setting you have default, hence the "1-click." You have typically 30 minutes to adjust an order after purchasing if the item is in stock. If it is a pre-order or something OOS, you have considerably longer.

[quote name='Orgymang']About a month and a half ago they had a lightning deal on FNR4 for the Xbox 360 for $20. I'm hoping for that or a little less and I might use the $20 promo from MW2 to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Since a lot of these are aimed at matching other ads, hopefully they are matching the GameCrazy ad at $14.99, since that is the only one so far that has mentioned FNR4. I wouldn't be surprised if they only went to $20 or even $30 though.

[quote name='mailman27']Just got a twitter alert for Quantum of Solace Blu Ray for $10 on Amazon[/QUOTE]

Purchased. Thank you. Loved the movie, been wanting to get it forever, didn't want to spend $16.99 or more though.

Why are all these deals slowly turning into deals just for prime members now? Can anyone claim them or just prime members now? Not like it matters because there's nothing good anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back