Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xmojo94']How do you get amazon credit?[/QUOTE]
Buy games that Amazon is selling that also has video game credit. Ex. $20 from MW2 and $10 from New Super Mario Bros.

[quote name='genfuyung']Anyone know what time DJ hero goes on sale tomorrow? There's a page showing when all the blu rays and dvds go on sale but I don't see one for games.[/QUOTE]

I was just searching for that myself. It doesn't look like they have one set up for the video game section though. The movie page has all of the lightning deals for the week, and the prices through tomorrow. Kind of light on Blu-Rays if you ask me.

[quote name='rustyrage']Buy games that Amazon is selling that also has video game credit. Ex. $20 from MW2 and $10 from New Super Mario Bros.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

I think you are seeing Amazon take advantage of their 30-day price guarantee no longer being in effect. I would be shocked if we don't see COD 4 for less than $15 and Pikman for less than $10 by the end of this weekend.

[quote name='kidu']I was just searching for that myself. It doesn't look like they have one set up for the video game section though. The movie page has all of the lightning deals for the week, and the prices through tomorrow. Kind of light on Blu-Rays if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet that a lot of the sections on that page that say Check back to see more deals for this day will be filled with blu rays on the day of the sale.

bought rock band 2 set for $9.99 after Modern warfare 2 $20 credit and a $40 credit

I was going to buy DJ Hero with the deal they are currently running, but this seem to be a better deal and a better party game

Amazon took down the ps3 system bundle of the week.

perhaps they are making it better?!? :D

I would be content with 2 games and a blu ray.. maybe more would be better!

I picked up RB2 SE for the PS3. Now I just need to get a PS3 on Friday. I was tempted to get the $50 RB1 bundle at Wal-Mart, but with the better instruments, RB 2 for $70 at amazon was a no-brainer. :D

Crap! Missed the RB2 PS3 deal.

Hopefully there's a similar deal online elsewhere this week. Really want RB2.

[quote name='Dakar']Crap! Missed the RB2 PS3 deal.

Hopefully there's a similar deal online elsewhere this week. Really want RB2.[/QUOTE]

Uh, still showing up as available on my end. Only 69% claimed. X360 version is selling faster though at 86% claimed.

Hopefully there's a similar deal online elsewhere this week. Really want RB2.[/QUOTE]

It's still going for the PS3 Dakar.

In fact, I'm still debating. I really don't need the instruments, and the game itself is now only $20. So it's kinda' hard to justify $70 for this bundle...at least for me. Besides, for $70, that's both Brutal Legend and Dragon Age, if Amazon PM's Best Buy on BF.

No, it's still there... go!

here's hoping for another "free game" deal like last year! Even though that NBA ps3 game wasn't the best, free is free, and my people who got them were happy, as was my wallet. lol

[quote name='52club']I think you are seeing Amazon take advantage of their 30-day price guarantee no longer being in effect. I would be shocked if we don't see COD 4 for less than $15 and Pikman for less than $10 by the end of this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There were a couple of games that got cheaper throughout the weekend during last year's Black Friday.

[quote name='Mako1215']I just want some L4D2, and DAO. Maybe even AC II[/QUOTE]

Very high chance Amazon will price match L4D2 and DAO on Friday at $35. ACII... well we can hope they run a sale on it even though no one else seems to be.

I already got all the new release games I want this year. If Amazon price matches Prototype for $15, I might bite. Would also buy Wolverine for $20 or less (local Target doesn't have it for cheap)

[quote name='wolve']Very high chance Amazon will price match L4D2 and DAO on Friday at $35. ACII... well we can hope they run a sale on it even though no one else seems to be.[/QUOTE]

Watch them do it when I'm at work. Id be hella pissed.

[quote name='Mako1215']Watch them do it when I'm at work. Id be hella pissed.[/QUOTE]

Work? I sleep during the day since I work 3rd shift. It's the deals during the DAY that I'm worried about missing. lol

Well I finally decided to bite on the RB2 SE. I don't know that I'd ever find it for anything less than $50, and at least I have it now.

So, now I only need to wait for a sub-$30 pricing on RB:Beatles and I'll be pretty set for music games.

[quote name='DefeatUForever']If I already added it to my cart can I wait until tonight to decide to purchase the games?[/QUOTE]

You USED to be able to do that with Lightning Deals but they've changed the terms and conditions to not guarantee stock being available anymore, which is BS but that's another issue.

Your discount SHOULD stay in your cart, but you run the risk of the item selling out, apparently, so it's up to you-- if the deal is something you really want, you should check out ASAP... if you're debating purchasing at all, it might stick around.

I'm guessing that the "gaming on the go" hint means a PSP Go deal, which wouldn't be too much of a shock. Wonder what they'll price it at?

Just to note: Target is advertising Call of Duty World at War for the Wii at $27 in their Black Friday ad, so I'd expect the Amazon Lightening Deal coming up in 30 to be competitively priced.

Regarding trying to get UFC

Support imbecile #2:
1) Claimed my name was not on my account until I forced him to type in my e-mail address again
2) Then he stated the game was priced at $51.70 until I forced him to find the Black Friday Video Game deals
3) He finally acknowledges the deal exists and tells me to "click Add to Cart". Jackass apparently didn't listen when I told him repeatedly the button is gone and it tells me I've already claimed it.
4) I have to leave to take my car to the dealer and told the guy to please look into resolving it and he said he would and send me an e-mail when fixed. So, I get back and I see an e-mail that says everything is fixed and please let them know if the fix was satisfactory. Went to look and nothing has changed so I filled out the form stating why the solution was not satisfactory.

EDIT: e-mailing support yielded no better results as random guy from India (Vinodh) responded with
I'm sorry you had trouble applying this promotion. Please read through the promotion requirements again to make sure the items and sellers are eligible.

Items offered by third-party sellers on our site may not be eligible for Amazon.com promotions.
Thanks for the big friggin help Vinodh

[quote name='CheapyD'] Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
[/QUOTE]
Is this confirmed to be the new Metallic Blue Mario bundle version? And what time will the deals start on Friday?

Had the UFC problem with the discount not showing up at the checkout screen. I left it in my cart and went to work. Logged in from work and now the discount shows at the checkout.

[quote name='woodcan']Regarding trying to get UFC

Support imbecile #2:
1) Claimed my name was not on my account until I forced him to type in my e-mail address again
2) Then he stated the game was priced at $51.70 until I forced him to find the Black Friday Video Game deals
3) He finally acknowledges the deal exists and tells me to "click Add to Cart". Jackass apparently didn't listen when I told him repeatedly the button is gone and it tells me I've already claimed it.
4) I have to leave to take my car to the dealer and told the guy to please look into resolving it and he said he would and send me an e-mail when fixed. So, I get back and I see an e-mail that says everything is fixed and please let them know if the fix was satisfactory. Went to look and nothing has changed so I filled out the form stating why the solution was not satisfactory.

EDIT: e-mailing support yielded no better results as random guy from India (Vinodh) responded with
Thanks for the big friggin help Vinodh[/QUOTE]

You're always better off calling Amazon then e-mailing them. It's faster and it's usually someone understandable with no accent.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm guessing that the "gaming on the go" hint means a PSP Go deal, which wouldn't be too much of a shock. Wonder what they'll price it at?[/QUOTE]

249.98 save a penny : ) probally

[quote name='Marcoaurelius']You're always better off calling Amazon then e-mailing them. It's faster and it's usually someone understandable with no accent.[/QUOTE]
I've only called and I get no where. People have no idea what I'm talking about. Amazon needs to stop keeping the credits hidden away. The guy thought the B80G20 code, $10 video game credit, and $6 in MP3 credits were all 1 thing.

Lame. I hope theres better deals tomorrow. Anyone find any other discounts similar to the Ghostbusters discount?

[quote name='kodave']Just to note: Target is advertising Call of Duty World at War for the Wii at $27 in their Black Friday ad, so I'd expect the Amazon Lightening Deal coming up in 30 to be competitively priced.[/QUOTE]

And Amazon matches it exactly.

i want a deal on these titles hopefully
motorstorm pacific rift, killzone 2, resistance 1 n 2, and uncharted 1 n 2.. not many of those are newer releases but still!

I really hope that amazon has some of their OWN deals and not just play tag-along and price match ONLY competitor's prices... I mean every lightning deal was a price match today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back