Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='porieux']The $40 'Hero Bundle' credit is supposed to last until the 27th, so I assume it will stack with whatever price they have on DJ Hero tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

This.

If the credit stacks, and the $10 off coupon is still valid, this deal could turn into something amazing. Keep an eye out.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I dreaded workin on black friday @ walmart and I've seen alot worse than what that video showed. The funny/sad thing is that walmart expect it's employees to act like security during all this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there is absolutely no excuse for a scene like that or the one where someone got trampled to death to be allowed to happen. It should be first come, first serve with Security outside and inside the building keeping things orderly. If anything gets out of hand, the cashiers should be shut down until the problem is addressed.

I haven't experienced anything as crazy as the various Walmart vids floating around youtube but I have been in some large mobs that easily could have become ugly if the people had no self control. I actually enjoyed waiting in line for like 2 hours or so one time because the people around me were really nice and cool.

I hope they match Walmart's $10 price for Midnight Club LA (360). It'd be nice to get NFS Undercover for $10 too, but I want the 360 version.

Hmm, apparently you can do a second prime trial. I swear I have done it in the past but it just let me start another free trial.

I'm hoping DJ Hero is not at 3:00AM, but my luck it will be :( I'd like to jump on it at a good price, but there's no way I can be up at 3:00AM.

[quote name='Hyjinxs06']The deals were:
New Play Control! Pikmin for Wii - $14.98
COD4: GOTY PS3 - $25.00
Rock Band 2 Special Edition X-box 360/PS3 - $70.00
Big Beach Sports Wii - $10.00
UFC 2009 Undisputed X-box 360 - $25.00
Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black - $97.98
COD:WAW Wii - $27.00[/QUOTE]

To use a bad sports analogy, this feels like an ok first afternoon of the NCAA Tournament. There were a couple of decent competitive games like a 7/10 and 8/9 seed that went down to the wire but with nothing too dramatic (RB2, UFC). Then there was that pretty nice 12 upsetting a 5 (DS Lite) but it wasn't altogether unexpected.

We're left with a decent feeling but hoping the night games or maybe the second day (i.e. tomorrow or the next day) bring us those crazy buzzer beaters or a 15 beating a 2. And then really get under way with chaos for the Saturday/Sunday games with great matchups, 1s and 2s falling all over the place, and a 3OT game decided by a half court shot or some other crazy expectation (Black Friday).

SI

[quote name='Dalerax']This.

If the credit stacks, and the $10 off coupon is still valid, this deal could turn into something amazing. Keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

Is that still the DJHERO10 coupon?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hmm, apparently you can do a second prime trial. I swear I have done it in the past but it just let me start another free trial.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Weird, but I'll take it with absolutely no complaints!:D

[quote name='QSilverTwo']Me too! Weird, but I'll take it with absolutely no complaints!:D[/QUOTE]

Holy Shaq-Fu, it does work if you've done it before. Thanks for this! I would randomly try to get another trial every once and a while and amazon would always be quick to tell me I've already done it before. Not this time! Just in time too.

[quote name='genfuyung']Is that still the DJHERO10 coupon?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know it is, yes. It's been around for a little bit so I wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't let you use it for this promotion.

[quote name='FiretrUCK']OF COURSE I would be at work during the DS Lite deal. :_(

Here's hoping the other colors are later this week...[/QUOTE]

Same here

Meh, I passed on the DS. A much better deal to me seems to be the Mario DSi bundle which they have discounted to $155 (from $170) and no need for lightning deal mucky-muck. So, yeah, it costs $55 more but it is a DSi vs a crappy-colored DS Lite and it comes with several downloads.

Not only that, but for whatever reason the $10 NSMB credit counted for it, plus I used a $30 console code I got from the Amazon trade-in promo: total was $114.98 shipped...

I have a question about the one click option on amazon. Do you ever get the chance to add a promo code to the order or does it just charge your card?

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I have a question about the one click option on amazon. Do you ever get the chance to add a promo code to the order or does it just charge your card?[/QUOTE]
I need to know this too.

[quote name='QSilverTwo']Me too! Weird, but I'll take it with absolutely no complaints!:D[/QUOTE]

Not fair. I've never done one, and they still won't let me.

[quote name='NutManIV']Anyone know when Tues. deals will start? 12 AM PST or 9AM PST?[/QUOTE]

assuming 9am pst since a good majority of us stayed up till 12am pst this morning and all we got was ea sports active deal (dotd) and the lightning deals clues.

I'm a little confused on the Amazon sales, will more stuff be announced? I'm REALLY hoping for them to match Best Buy's Dragon Age and L4D2 for $34.99.

is that Limited-Edition Xbox 360 Console the MW 2 one and what are the two games

[quote name='io']Meh, I passed on the DS. A much better deal to me seems to be the Mario DSi bundle which they have discounted to $155 (from $170) and no need for lightning deal mucky-muck. So, yeah, it costs $55 more but it is a DSi vs a crappy-colored DS Lite and it comes with several downloads.

Not only that, but for whatever reason the $10 NSMB credit counted for it, plus I used a $30 console code I got from the Amazon trade-in promo: total was $114.98 shipped...[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about getting that as well. After looking at a few pictures and videos, the blue one seems really nice. (And I've got some credit to spend.)

I'm waiting on a deal on some xbl 13 month cards...or points

other than that...blah

[quote name='genfuyung']I need to know this too.[/QUOTE]
It's "1-click." So no, you don't get the chance to do anything when placing an order.

it wouldn't be "1-click" if you had to go through other screens.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I want a $100 netbook and a $100 32GB iPod touch 3rd Gen.[/QUOTE]

And I want to solve world hunger but that ain't happening.

Did Amazon do their chosen ones yet... those deals where only a few hundred or thousand get selected for special uber savings on items?

[quote name='pjb16']It's "1-click." So no, you don't get the chance to do anything when placing an order.

it wouldn't be "1-click" if you had to go through other screens.[/QUOTE]

Customer service rep says you are mistaken. 1 click will draw from gift cards/credits first.

Still showing copies available on my end. I claimed it on the PC and then checked out on the blackberry since I have loldialup.

[quote name='genfuyung']Customer service rep says you are mistaken. 1 click will draw from gift cards/credits first.[/QUOTE]
Yes it may draw from cards/credits already attached to your account, but you can't enter any codes. It is "1-click."

"1-click" places the order.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']wow...wolverine was claimed in about a minute. that sucks. stupid laggy internet -.-[/QUOTE]
I had to order wolverine and something else in order to get the lighting deal because I had $20 credit on my account that it was using against the normal wolverine price.

PS: You may want to check your cart to see if Wolverine is in there, it didn't bring me directly to my cart when I hit "add" it said "processing." I checked my cart and the deal was in there though.

[quote name='bg2001']Why can't they just post what the deals are going to be instead of having these dumb clues?[/QUOTE]

Because they want people like you to go to their site constantly.

[quote name='strongpimphand']I'm waiting on a deal on some xbl 13 month cards...or points

other than that...blah[/QUOTE]

Blah

I talked myself out of the wolverine bluray. Between netflix, the redbox and downloading I don't really buy movies anymore.

[quote name='Hyjinxs06']The deals were:
New Play Control! Pikmin for Wii - $14.98
COD4: GOTY PS3 - $25.00
Rock Band 2 Special Edition X-box 360/PS3 - $70.00
Big Beach Sports Wii - $10.00
UFC 2009 Undisputed X-box 360 - $25.00
Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black - $97.98
COD:WAW Wii - $27.00[/QUOTE]
Where are/were these deals listed on Amazon, I clicked the link and also searched Amazon throughout the day and the only deal I see is EA Sports Active & Pikmin?

[quote name='J7.']Where are/were these deals listed on Amazon, I clicked the link and also searched Amazon throughout the day and the only deal I see is EA Sports Active & Pikmin?[/QUOTE]

At the top right of amazon homepage it says BLACK FRIDAY DEALS

[quote name='mr_bungle']Guess I'll have to set my alarm for 2am and find out when DJ Hero is going up for sale.[/QUOTE]
Yep thats what im doing and then wake up 4 and a half hours later.

[quote name='pjb16']It's "1-click." So no, you don't get the chance to do anything when placing an order.

it wouldn't be "1-click" if you had to go through other screens.[/QUOTE]

Is there any way to put the promo codes in after you use "1-click" ordering? for example going in to your order status and putting in the promo code in after.

I'd love to know what the 2 games are included with the PS3 bundle and what time it goes on sale. I have a $145 Amazon gift certificate I just got by dumping tons of change into a Coinstar machine and even though I buy a lot from Amazon, I rarely spend that much on one transaction.

[quote name='hotwls13']At the top right of amazon homepage it says BLACK FRIDAY DEALS[/QUOTE]
I clicked that throughout the day but I haven't seen 90% of these deals. Did they all sell out in seconds and get removed from the listings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back