Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pjb16']Ok, please show me where AC2 is cheaper than $50 on Friday.[/QUOTE]

I think his point was it should be, or could be lower then 50, based on the fact that L4D2 is, not that it is or will be.

[quote name='77Pat']I was able to get Midnight Club LA and think it will be worth it since I have a few games on backorder, and it might be better to have a shorter game. The last Midnight Club game I played was DUB Edition and remember it being fun.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason I got it. I absolutely loved DUB edition.

[quote name='AceSXE']I think his point was it should be, or could be lower then 50, based on the fact that L4D2 is, not that it is or will be.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was using LFD2 as an example.

[quote name='pjb16']Ok, please show me where AC2 is cheaper than $50 on Friday.[/QUOTE]
For the last few weeks AC2 from Amazon was $55.99 - $5.00 (readily available coupon) - $10.00 (off future video game purchase) = $40.99. $49.99 is not an impressive deal.

26 minutes since the AC2 deal went live and only 15% claimed. This is the slowest lightning deal ever, haha! I still bit with my $10 MW2 credit, free shipping, and no tax. Hope it's worth the hype that it's getting right now. This will probably sit sealed on my desk for a month, but oh well, $40 isn't too bad.

[quote name='thisisapen']26 minutes since the AC2 deal went live and only 15% claimed. This is the slowest lightning deal ever, haha! I still bit with my $10 MW2 credit, free shipping, and no tax. Hope it's worth the hype that it's getting right now. This will probably sit sealed on my desk for a month, but oh well, $40 isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

Your making an assumption that they aren't selling, but that is not necessarily true, at 50 bucks Amazon is still profiting of this so they probably have a ton available. When they sell something like tekken for 30 bucks they are selling at a loss so there are very few available.

What the hell... I added Midnight Club for $10 from that page. I had $20 credit from MW2, but i didn't want to use it in case i would not get the difference ($10) for some reason. so i unchecked the option to use my credit and placed the order. i then went to view orders to make sure everything went through, but it changed back to $28. i went back to the gold box page and it was 100% claimed. i then sent an email to amazon, and right afterwards, i went to cancel that order, but it was already in the "shipping soon" phase! godammit, amazon is not off to a good start this year. first, piss awful deals, and now glitches and misfortunes.

ACII moved 1.6 million units. Left 4 Dead 2, I can't find the numbers, but it's definitely less. It's just about trying to move units.

Look at the other games down at $44 like Borderlands, Brutal Legend, and some others that are time sensitive like Madden. They're discounted because the market spoke at $60, $50, $45, etc. The market spoke on ACII, too, and the market said "I love ACII". It's business.

you know what would be nuts? ToV for $10!

ok ok.. i'm really bored here. chem lecture sucks so bad.

but seeing that wal-mart will have gta4 for $10, I guess its not totally out of the question?

[quote name='NutManIV']Everyone who bought Midnight Club LA: You can get everything in the Complete Edition for less than buying the Complete Edition. You got the game for $10, now go buy the DLC for $10. The Complete Edition retails for $30.[/QUOTE]
Got it for $10 and FYI the map expansion is free (south central) the 10 dollars for the dlc is for new vinyls, music, parts, etc. I personally don't care about that stuff so this is a good deal for me :)

[quote name='drock']For the last few weeks AC2 from Amazon was $55.99 - $5.00 (readily available coupon) - $10.00 (off future video game purchase) = $40.99. $49.99 is not an impressive deal.[/QUOTE]
The last few weeks with a pre-order. The game is out now, that promotion is dead. If you didn't get it then, you shouldn't be complaing about this deal, that would be your own fault for not getting in on a better deal.

It was $55.99 at amazon, and now it's $49.99. Whether impressive or not, it is still a deal and cheaper than retail. People keep complaining like they deserve any game they want at half off just because it is the week before Thanksgiving regardless of how new a game is, how much money went into it's production cost, or how popular it is.

[quote name='mewantgames']Got it for $10 and FYI the map expansion is free (south central) the 10 dollars for the dlc is for new vinyls, music, parts, etc. I personally don't care about that stuff so this is a good deal for me :)[/QUOTE]

The map expansion isn't really free. That download lets you play online with friends who own the 800 MS point expansion. If you don't have someone to play with who actually owns it then you're out of luck.

[quote name='LordKefka06']What are your guys' guess on what the game selection will be for the ":ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games"?[/QUOTE]

Well if they match another BF deal it will be either Batman: AA and InFamous or Little Big Planet and Rachet and Clank. One is at Walmart and the other is at BestBuy.

[quote name='LordKefka06']What are your guys' guess on what the game selection will be for the ":ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games"?[/QUOTE]
Infamous and Batman: AA.

there are so many damn games I can't guess 100% but i'd be willing to bet they throw in lbp goty edition following best buy and gamestop.. as for the second game, beats me.

When is that?

[quote name='Penguin1084']you know what would be nuts? ToV for $10!

ok ok.. i'm really bored here. chem lecture sucks so bad.

but seeing that wal-mart will have gta4 for $10, I guess its not totally out of the question?[/QUOTE]

I think there's more of a chance of Star Ocean being $10 but ToV could very well be.

ALthough today's prices have been underwhelming.

I don't know how it's supposedly going to be the LE of Tales of Vesperia this afternoon, unless Amazon found a box in the back of the warehouse as it's been OoP for a year.

Sure it's not something like NBA 2K10 Anniversary Edition?

[quote name='Penguin1084']there are so many damn games I can't guess 100% but i'd be willing to bet they throw in lbp goty edition following best buy and gamestop.. as for the second game, beats me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they will have both Uncharted 1&2 in the bundle. Though putting LBP GOTY and UC2 would be a great way to give their bundle the advantage over the other ones offered.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I don't know how it's supposedly going to be the LE of Tales of Vesperia this afternoon, unless Amazon found a box in the back of the warehouse as it's been OoP for a year.

Sure it's not something like NBA 2K10 Anniversary Edition?[/QUOTE]

The 6PM deal is what people suspect to be ToV, the 3PM deal is the limted edition of a classic series

Umm... is Big Game Hunter any good? I mean I'm buying it for 9 bucks with the discount and everything, and I actually liked the one PS2 version I had.

Im happy that we atleast know what console the classic LE game will be on. Doesn't feel like a waste of time to wait for it now.

For the people on the fence about MC: Los Angeles... I thought it was a decent game even before they patched the difficulty settings. Worth $10 in my opinion. I rented it twice and never finished it, so I guess I will now. :)

[quote name='Law_Professor']I just scored Midnight Club for free after the NSMBWii credit promo. Woot![/QUOTE]

Same here! I already bought the game for PS3 when it was a Gold Box DOTD, and my nephew loves it. I bought this version for him because he has an XBox360. If XBox Live is like PSN, he'll be able to download the "South Central" upgrade for free, which adds a lot of content to the game.

[quote name='hyunkim']What the hell... I added Midnight Club for $10 from that page. I had $20 credit from MW2, but i didn't want to use it in case i would not get the difference ($10) for some reason. so i unchecked the option to use my credit and placed the order. i then went to view orders to make sure everything went through, but it changed back to $28. i went back to the gold box page and it was 100% claimed. i then sent an email to amazon, and right afterwards, i went to cancel that order, but it was already in the "shipping soon" phase! godammit, amazon is not off to a good start this year. first, piss awful deals, and now glitches and misfortunes.[/QUOTE]

well, amazon customer support sent me an email saying they will refund my credit card $18 to make up for it.... very efficient. this way, i don't have to go through the hassle (and shipping cost) of returning the game. i'm not surprised that i was given the best solution with 30 minutes of contacting amazon, though i was pissed at first.

[quote name='pjb16']The last few weeks with a pre-order. The game is out now, that promotion is dead. If you didn't get it then, you shouldn't be complaing about this deal, that would be your own fault for not getting in on a better deal.

It was $55.99 at amazon, and now it's $49.99. Whether impressive or not, it is still a deal and cheaper than retail. People keep complaining like they deserve any game they want at half off just because it is the week before Thanksgiving regardless of how new a game is, how much money went into it's production cost, or how popular it is.[/QUOTE]
1. That deal was available last week -- post-release.
2. You're right. We don't "deserve" anything, but if Amazon wants people to buy what it's putting out there they need to be more aggressive that this particular deal. And given the response to AC2 (20% sold in 50 minutes) people don't find this to be a compelling deal.

[quote name='KingBroly']The bundle is going to be Tekken 6, right? I wonder which version.[/QUOTE]
Based on the calender it is 360.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Cool, Borderlands is $44. I'm putting in my order right now.[/QUOTE]

Great deal for good co-op game(online or offline). Good choice.

For people asking about the 120 GB PS3 bundle, they could match several bundles from either gamestop, best buy, wal-mart or meijer.

PS3 120GB Slim w/free LittleBigPlanet GOTY & God Of War Collection (GS)
Sony PlayStation 3 120GB Slim Bundle W/ FREE Little Big Planet: GOTY Edition and Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time $299.99 (BB)
Buy a PS3 120GB Slim Console, Get 2 Buy-ray Movies (See Details) and 2 Video Games (See Details) FREE (Meijer)
Playstation 3 Slim W/ FREE Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and The Dark Knight BD $299 (Wal-Mart)

Meijer is GT5 Prologue + R&C Crack in Time, Black Hawk Down & Stepbrothers on Blu-ray

[quote name='drock']1. That deal was available last week -- post-release.
2. You're right. We don't "deserve" anything, but if Amazon wants people to buy what it's putting out there they need to be more aggressive that this particular deal. And given the response to AC2 (20% sold in 50 minutes) people don't find this to be a compelling deal.[/QUOTE]

True. Its amazon that is promoting this "OMG BLACK FRIDAY INCREDIBLE DEALS ALL WEEK" thing......I dont call that an incredible deal.....I had my credit card out ready to buy, and promptly put it back in my wallet while uttering "meh"........I'll wait for a bigger price drop....

[quote name='Anexanhume']For people asking about the 120 GB PS3 bundle, they could match several bundles from either gamestop, best buy, wal-mart or meijer.
[/QUOTE]

Has it been announced when/if they will match one of the deals? Or are people just speculating?

My MC: LA also showed up as the 27.99-20 mw2 promo -7.99 lightning deal totaling 0.00. I did the call me option under help, the rep stated they're having issues with the lightning deals, requested I complete the order and if it takes my 20 promo he'll add it back. I completed the order, he put it back so I added a game to verify the 20 was back and it is. I believe I just got the game for free! Lol I love Amazon!

[quote name='Afflicted']still debating the DS... would have definately jumped on this with another color... but eh...[/QUOTE]

I myself, am holding out for a $140 or less DSi bundle sale on Friday since they are advertising it and its $155 currently

these don't really seem like Black Friday deals... they seem like the regular lightning deals Amazon does to decrease their inventory. they want as many people to jump the gun as possible before showing the REAL deals on Friday.

oh well. if I can't rely on Amazon, I have no problem going to Walmart or Best Buy. I'd rather wait in line for 15 minutes than a week for free shipping anyway

[quote name='jacknicklson']I myself, am holding out for a $140 or less DSi bundle sale on Friday since they are advertising it and its $155 currently[/QUOTE]

I would... but I'm not going to be able to check amazon on friday... unless it's by like 7am est... so I went ahead and ordered this one...

I did have $85 in credit from preorders so the total is 12.98... so not a bad deal imo...

[quote name='Maestro']these don't really seem like Black Friday deals... they seem like the regular lightning deals Amazon does to decrease their inventory. they want as many people to jump the gun as possible before showing the REAL deals on Friday.

oh well. if I can't rely on Amazon, I have no problem going to Walmart or Best Buy. I'd rather wait in line for 15 minutes than a week for free shipping anyway[/QUOTE]

true the game deals look to be just about moving inventory at slightly better than average prices... they are however running some good deals on movies/blurays which are price matches to BF sales.

[quote name='Apostle22']True. Its amazon that is promoting this "OMG BLACK FRIDAY INCREDIBLE DEALS ALL WEEK" thing......I dont call that an incredible deal.....I had my credit card out ready to buy, and promptly put it back in my wallet while uttering "meh"........I'll wait for a bigger price drop....[/QUOTE]
Me too. :)

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm noticing that the DSi bundle is the featured deal for Friday.

...it can't possibly get cheaper than $154.99 can it?[/QUOTE]

Pre order guarantee in effect.

[quote name='drock']1. That deal was available last week -- post-release.
2. You're right. We don't "deserve" anything, but if Amazon wants people to buy what it's putting out there they need to be more aggressive that this particular deal. And given the response to AC2 (20% sold in 50 minutes) people don't find this to be a compelling deal.[/QUOTE]

So instead of actually trying to make some $ Amazon should cater to everyone and drop a week old game's price down $20 or more? Get real. Yes, the pre-order deal is "exactly" the same as this, and that game from what I know has sold over a million copies. Why would they lower the price on a game that sold so well? This deal is for those who "missed out" on the preorder deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back