Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Pre order guarantee in effect.[/QUOTE]

I bet there are some weasel words in their terms and conditions that would prevent a lightning deal price from counting...

[quote name='Aleman']Has it been announced when/if they will match one of the deals? Or are people just speculating?[/QUOTE]

We're just speculating. They could match one or all of them. They could have their own. They could give us choices. We just know it's a slim with two games in a bundle (not even the 299.99 price is assured).

Yeah these deals are pretty weak. AC2 is a good price at $50, but not Black Friday good. Even L4D2 was dropped to $44 and that wasn't even a lightining deal.

[quote name='locashcrimering']My MC: LA also showed up as the 27.99-20 mw2 promo -7.99 lightning deal totaling 0.00. I did the call me option under help, the rep stated they're having issues with the lightning deals, requested I complete the order and if it takes my 20 promo he'll add it back. I completed the order, he put it back so I added a game to verify the 20 was back and it is. I believe I just got the game for free! Lol I love Amazon![/QUOTE]

Looks like you were lucky enough to get one of the not-so-bright ones. I ordered it and contacted them, and after a brief runaround I was finally given a $10 promotion back into my account.

[quote name='Justin42']I bet there are some weasel words in their terms and conditions that would prevent a lightning deal price from counting...[/QUOTE]

Maybe. But I doubt it would drop more than a few dollars below the $155 (especially since Best buy has the bundle at full price.) So even if it drops to $149, I'm sure Amazon would just honor it. They seem never to quibble over $5.

[quote name='Marcoaurelius']So instead of actually trying to make some $ Amazon should cater to everyone and drop a week old game's price down $20 or more? Get real. Yes, the pre-order deal is "exactly" the same as this, and that game from what I know has sold over a million copies. Why would they lower the price on a game that sold so well? This deal is for those who "missed out" on the preorder deal.[/QUOTE]
We went over this already. The preorder deal was better -- $40.99 v. $49.99 -- which one is lower?

Second, you're right, they don't have to lower the price. They can sell it for whatever they'd like and hopefully find the price point at which people want to buy it. But the fact is this Lightning Deal isn't moving ACII, neither has reached 30% so far.

[quote name='Marcoaurelius']So instead of actually trying to make some $ Amazon should cater to everyone and drop a week old game's price down $20 or more? Get real. Yes, the pre-order deal is "exactly" the same as this, and that game from what I know has sold over a million copies. Why would they lower the price on a game that sold so well? This deal is for those who "missed out" on the preorder deal.[/QUOTE]

what is wrong with you? The name of this site is CHEAP ASS GAMER and these are supposed to be BLACK FRIDAY deals which Amazon has been hyping.

$50 is a good price but who are you to jump on people for expecting more because it's Black Friday week and wanting more because they are a, wait for it, Cheap Ass Gamer.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Yeah these deals are pretty weak. AC2 is a good price at $50, but not Black Friday good. Even L4D2 was dropped to $44 and that wasn't even a lightining deal.[/QUOTE]

It has more to do with it than just sales as people are suggesting. The price points of valve games as well as the ubiquitous steam deals shows that valve is happy to get games out to people at even half their normal price. Other companies play their cards a little closer to the vest and are more conservative with their pricing structures.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']what is wrong with you? The name of this site is CHEAP ASS GAMER and these are supposed to be BLACK FRIDAY deals which Amazon has been hyping.

$50 is a good price but who are you to jump on people for expecting more because it's Black Friday week and wanting more because they are a, wait for it, Cheap Ass Gamer.[/QUOTE]
I think we need a sister site for some people -- "Slightly-less-than-MSRP Gamer" :)

I was hoping that Tekken 6 bundle (If it's true) would be the PS3 version. Maybe I could exchange it with no price increase :S although I'd be fine with the 360 version.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm gonna go for Tekken 6 Limited Edition at $30 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Are you counting a $70 credit into that total?

[quote name='drock']I think we need a sister site for some people -- "Slightly-less-than-MSRP Gamer" :)[/QUOTE]
If you pay attention to all the people who buy Collector's/Limited editions of games, it's apparent that a good number of people here have never fit the title.

Has it been confirmed it's going to be $30 for the Tekken bundle? I just thought people were assuming it was going to be $30 because the PS3 version was on-sale for that a week or two ago.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']what is wrong with you? The name of this site is CHEAP ASS GAMER and these are supposed to be BLACK FRIDAY deals which Amazon has been hyping.

$50 is a good price but who are you to jump on people for expecting more because it's Black Friday week and wanting more because they are a, wait for it, Cheap Ass Gamer.[/QUOTE]
He's a noob troll. Burn him! :lol::applause:
Amazon is ok and everything but why some people defend them like a friend or family member, I have no clue. They could give a fuck about you.

OT: Personally, I don't think the :360: Tekken bundle will be cheaper than $80. Just a guess though...

[quote name='jp0213']Has it been confirmed it's going to be $30 for the Tekken bundle? I just thought people were assuming it was going to be $30 because the PS3 version was on-sale for that a week or two ago.[/QUOTE]

People are just assuming AFAIK. It'd be great for the 360 owners, but I'm thinking (like someone posted a while back) this is a different set of deals, much more advertised, and probably going to be a bit higher. That said it'd still be a steal for $40 or $50, but these deals this week haven't been HUGE insane drops for the most part. (and that $30 stick definitely counted as insane)

Because it's not realistic. Sure, that'd be harmless if people were upset that Assassin's Creed 2 wasn't on sale for $5 with free shipping + $30 gift card. But, even after hundreds of purchases made through the e-retailer, they're 'fail' because they didn't meet to your unbelievable standards.

This is CHEAP ass gamer, not DUMB ass gamer.

[quote name='Justin42']People are just assuming AFAIK. It'd be great for the 360 owners, but I'm thinking (like someone posted a while back) this is a different set of deals, much more advertised, and probably going to be a bit higher. That said it'd still be a steal for $40 or $50, but these deals this week haven't been HUGE insane drops for the most part. (and that $30 stick definitely counted as insane)[/QUOTE]

Very much agree that it probably wont be 30 bucks, the 30 dollar deal happened with almost no notice in the the middle of the day and lasted 2 seconds. Todays deals have been hugely advertised and have had much smaller discounts. Also, the Tekken deal is on the main gold box page, giving it even more pub. I personally would be shocked if its 30 bucks, although its possible I suppose. I see a much more modest discount, maybe 99.99. I think Amazon's trying to use the publicity of black friday to actually make money, not lose it- at least not until its actually black friday.

I'm sure someone has mentioned that, but every game that's been up for a lightning deal has had a Black Friday banner ad on their product page.

For the upcoming games, Star Ocean and Tekken 6 have the banner, Tales of Vesperia does not. So maybe that's not the best guess for the 6 pm game?

edit: though maybe they just forgot to put the banner on that page, since it's in the ad copy for the game.

[quote name='Zurich']I'm sure someone has mentioned that, but every game that's been up for a lightning deal has had a Black Friday banner ad on their product page.

For the upcoming games, Star Ocean and Tekken 6 have the banner, Tales of Vesperia does not. So maybe that's not the best guess for the 6 pm game?

edit: though maybe they just forgot to put the banner on that page, since it's in the ad copy for the game.[/QUOTE]

if you google the clue for ToV, the first few hits all point to ToV

I'm tempted by a potential Star Ocean: The Last Hope deal, but I would much rather have the International edition for the PS3. (I like having my multi-platform games on the PS3 because my Xbox 360 loves to die.)

[quote name='Zurich']I'm sure someone has mentioned that, but every game that's been up for a lightning deal has had a Black Friday banner ad on their product page.

edit: though maybe they just forgot to put the banner on that page, since it's in the ad copy for the game.[/QUOTE]

the banner is on the page now, and yeah, the gold box quote is directly on ToV's amazon listing, and if you google it you'll find a link to namco bandai's site for ToV.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Because it's not realistic. Sure, that'd be harmless if people were upset that Assassin's Creed 2 wasn't on sale for $5 with free shipping + $30 gift card. But, even after hundreds of purchases made through the e-retailer, they're 'fail' because they didn't meet to your unbelievable standards.

This is CHEAP ass gamer, not DUMB ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

You failed miserably with that straw man. Hoping for a $40 or even a $44 deal (like Left 4 Dead 2) is not unreasonable or even unprecedented. Were you even around last year?

Selling a new game for $40 or as low as $35 in a limited quantity/time limit BF sale is par for the course for Amazon.

But enough with you and I, I don't wish to hijack this thread.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']You failed miserably with that straw man. Hoping for a $40 or even a $44 deal (like Left 4 Dead 2) is not unreasonable or even unprecedented. Were you even around last year?

Selling a new game for $40 or as low as $35 in a limited quantity/time limit BF sale is par for the course for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

L4D is a unique case in the sense of how Valve handles their prices. Besides, the game wasn't a million seller. On top of that, there was a lot of controversy - including a boycott - because many deemed that the game wouldn't be worth $60. AC2 is the second largest blockbuster video game of the season.

I'm off to Target to pick up L4d2 and Dragon Age for $40 (with the buy 2 get $10 off coupon). I'll sit on them and see if Amazon is going price match BB at $35.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Not black-friday related, but World of Goo PC [retail box] for $10.11.
[Sold by KAMCO International, fulfilled by Amazon][/QUOTE]

Got the downloadable version a while back for $.01 (yes I'm a CAGer! ;) ).

CHECKMATE! lol

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']L4D is a unique case in the sense of how Valve handles their prices. Besides, the game wasn't a million seller. On top of that, there was a lot of controversy - including a boycott - because many deemed that the game wouldn't be worth $60. AC2 is the second largest blockbuster video game of the season.[/QUOTE]

I understand that and tha whole boycott thing was ridiculous but most people who truly want AC2 will get it no matter what. Others who would like to have it but don't feel they need it will be swayed by better deals for other good games. That's the problem with releasing so late this time of season.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Nope. It's a $30 lightening deal.[/QUOTE]

Remember that the description says it's a Limited Edition BUNDLE.

He's talking about the Stick + Game bundle. The only other series it could be AT THIS POINT is Guitar Hero. But I wouldn't consider that or Tekken a "Classic" game series.

Yo guys. Just in case there's "one' person that didn't know. The timer on the Black Friday Video Game Deals page is faster than the one on the Goldbox page.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, I'm out.

I don't see how the Tekken bundle will be down to anywhere near $30. I'm thinking $80 would the lowest possible. If it were down to 50-60 maybe I'd get it if it's the PS3 version. I'm not a big Tekken fan though.

[quote name='help1']Where is the DJ hero deal?[/QUOTE]

It's the gold box deal of the day. (It's in the gold box, not the video game deals section)

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I don't see how the Tekken bundle will be down to anywhere near $30. I'm thinking $80 would the lowest possible. If it were down to 50-60 maybe I'd get it if it's the PS3 version. I'm not a big Tekken fan though.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version with Arcade Stick was $30 last week or the week before. That's why people think it's the same thing, but this time for the 360 version.

I've never played Tekken but an Arcade Stick @ $30 with a game is what I'm aiming for.

[quote name='GenghisJohn']I'm in for AC2 at $39.98 shipped. I had a $10 gift card from L4D2[/QUOTE]

But isn't the price RIGHT NOW effectively more than the price after coupon and the $10 credit?

[bam]

Did I miss the deal on Midnight Club LA?

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Honestly, what the fuck did you guys expect? AC2 JUST came out.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think it's weak because it was a better deal before w/ the $5 coupon and $10 promo credit. It's also worth noting that Amazon often sells new games for $50. Anyways, I'm not complaining since I already have the game.

[quote name='KingBroly']The PS3 version with Arcade Stick was $30 last week or the week before. That's why people think it's the same thing, but this time for the 360 version.

I've never played Tekken but an Arcade Stick @ $30 with a game is what I'm aiming for.[/QUOTE]

Man, that joystick must be crap if they're selling it for that cheap.

[quote name='drock']I think we need a sister site for some people -- "Slightly-less-than-MSRP Gamer" :)[/QUOTE]
You might as well add "WTB-CE-4-BIG$$-GAMER.com" ;)

I have bought the following from this Amazon sale:

Bioshock $5
RockBand 2 SE $70
Big Beach Sports Wii $10
Pikmin Wii $15
Blazing Saddles $2

I feel pretty good about all of them except maybe the Wii games. They will be used as gifts to friends kids (Pikmin to a 10yr old and the Beach Sports to a 6yr old). Rockband 2 SE is for my Son who JUST got a 360 and Bioshock is for me. I was going to try for Rock Band 1 SE on Black Friday as well as Bioshock but I think this was a better deal. Blazing Saddles is a gag gift to my friend. All shipped separately for free (using Prime) and NO TAX!

[quote name='confoosious']oh boy, if it's the GH Aerosmith bundle, we're gonna go to Seattle and burn down the Amazon HQ.[/QUOTE]

I have my matches and a can of gasoline waiting if such an atrocity occurs.

[quote name='OGHowie']Man, that joystick must be crap if they're selling it for that cheap.[/QUOTE]

Or they want to clear out stock because it sold horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back