Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='staindklown']I"m not a big tekken fan, but I had to bite on this deal.... I'm so weak.[/QUOTE]

Amazon trade in value for the game alone is $31.50, if it is not a not for resale version.

[quote name='bardockkun']Where the hell are you people hearing the Tekken stick is good or anywhere even remotely comparable to the tournament edition SF stick? This stick is plain ass and I've even heard enough word of mouth where it just plain dies.[/QUOTE]
Yea, this is a hori ex2 but wireless basically. Great price for those looking to mod it though.

Update: Got off the phone with Amazon CS and they applied credit back to my account for the overcharge from the 360 Arcade Promo Code. They are saying its 2 promo codes (I guess Lightning Deal Prices are Promo Codes). I got $10 back from the Wolverine Blu-ray I ordered yesterday and $20 back from the Tekken 6 Bundle. In the end I lost $0.03 but not going to bitch over that.

For those who have the 360 Arcade promo code on your account check your recent orders (if you placed a previous order) or just call them before you place the order and they will credit your account back the difference.

Hey, anyone tell me whats up with the Fightstick? Is it good, ok, bad? Whats wrong with it? Is it worth it for XBLA games and what not? Thats what I want if for, pac-man ce and what not.

It's getting mixed reviews. For a casual fighting game fan it'll probably be fine, but if you wanted Tekken it's 44.00, so a game and a fight stick for 16 is NOT a bad
deal...

And yes, ToV is great for 15, it's not really a grind fest...and the combat is pretty cool, it's more of an action RPG to be honest.

[quote name='rmb']
Yea, this is a hori ex2 but wireless basically. Great price for those looking to mod it though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but something tells me majority consensus is buying this as a cheap and "good" alternative to the SF sticks though.

[quote name='CheapyD']What do you guys think...start a new thread for Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

I would say yes, keeps people from seeing dead deals and asking questions about them and cluttering the conversations on the new deals.

[quote name='CheapyD']What do you guys think...start a new thread for Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Please. Keep this one pinned for the main info, and just pin daily threads for that day only.

That's my vote. Lets start clean so we don't have "How much was the Batman CE again? aw man!" posts :)

I think it might be a good idea but that probably won't stop people from asking the same questions over and over again instead of checking the OP.

just bought it for the arcade stick, i had $60 worth of amazon promo codes left over from 2 mw2, assassin's creed 2, and new mario wii, so got for $0.00. Not too bad :)

I just bought the Tekken 6 bundle for $44.00 aprox w/ shipping since I don't have Prime, or maybe that does not apply to Puerto Rico, stacking it with my Modern Warfare 2 $20.00 credit. Not too shabby considering it still retails at Gamestop for $150.00 or something like that. Oh, and they also gave me a $5.00 promotional code for any future purchase of any TV series DVD set.

The lucky ones who had the $40.00 credit are in for a ridiculous bargain.

Umm did anyone else's shopping cart set the prices from previous items back to normal after the last set of deals went live? I just added that horrific show Smallville to my cart for my wife and now the Tekken 6 bundle and Midnight Club went back to their old prices.

[quote name='confoosious']this is the error you get if you try to add to cart now, even though it's only 66% claimed.

"
We're Sorry! We were unable to process your request because all available discounts have been claimed.
"

I guess the new deal at amazon is that if its in your cart but hasn't been bought, it doesnt show up at claimed? Is this new? NEver checked before.[/QUOTE]

I was able to add it to my cart and check out just now, no problem.

Ah what the hell, it's holiday season, I'm treating myself. I had 2 promotional credits left so I got it for $41.06

Item(s) Subtotal: $129.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$9.46
Promotion Applied: -$9.46
Lightning Deal: -$70.01
-----
Total Before Tax: $41.06
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $41.06

The Tekken 6 bundle is a pretty good deal, unfortunately I already have the SFIV TE stick which is plenty awesome. I also don't have an unyielding urge to play Tekken 6 at the moment though it is a great fighting series.

looks like their deals so far today were the AA CE for half off and the Tekken 6 bundle for 60% off. I guess the pink DS was a good price...but...I'm not a chick or Cuban so I can't pull it off. ;)

We all know what we really want are those classic Amazon $35 sales on brand new games.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']

We all know what we really want are those classic Amazon $35 sales on brand new games.[/QUOTE]

My GOSH those were classic deals... :applause:

[quote name='___Vizion___']I bit the bullet and got the pink ds lite, I'm a dude so does that make me gangsta or wanksta?[/QUOTE]

brave lol

definitely a new thread for Wednesday and Thursday. I would say another one for Black Friday itself...dunn, dunn, DUNNNN.

[quote name='OddLogik']Please. Keep this one pinned for the main info, and just pin daily threads for that day only.[/QUOTE]

Or CheapyD could easily copy & paste the main info in each day's thread.

[quote name='karkyco']Try adding one to your cart. Basically, a bunch of people put them into their cart the second the deal went live, thus causing all of the bundles available to be "claimed". However, many people have decided not to purchase it, or are simply holding them in their carts without checking out, thus the % is not at 100%.

I am assuming that as people that have them in their carts dump them out/release them, they become available to others who happen to refresh or be in the right place at the right time, and the button to add it might reappear. Either that, or they never come back into the pool and the deal is completely "Claimed", while less than 100% are actually sold.[/QUOTE]

Added it to my cart and proceeded to the final checkout page. Discount was applied as normal. Still only 83% claimed.

i have tekken in my cart....debating on getting it or not. I would much prefer it for the ps3, and I do already have the HRAP3 for that. I think it would be cool to have anotehr stick, and always want my friends to play with me, and they never do....but that's about the only reason why I would get it.

The past 2 years I have tried soooo hard to get into fighting games, but I just don't ever get good, and I would refer to myself as an above average gamer. I have BlazBlue (CE), SF4 (CE), SF2HD, and MvC2, and with those, Ijust stopped playing.

But, back to topic...how long do items from lighting deals stay in your cart at that pricepoint? AND would anyone be interested in this 360 version? I am willing to trade, obviously, that is for another thread, so PM me if interested.

Oh yeah, just noticed AC2 deal expired at less than 50% claimed for both versions. The people have spoken with their wallets. ;)

[quote name='Yeahman']I thought $60 was a good deal but someone said that it was $30 at one point? When was this? Which system was it?[/QUOTE]

PS3... for 20 seconds. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Yeahman']I thought $60 was a good deal but someone said that it was $30 at one point? When was this? Which system was it?[/QUOTE]
Two weeks ago about, and ps3.

[quote name='wolve']Oh yeah, just noticed AC2 deal expired at less than 50% claimed for both versions. The people have spoken with their wallets. ;)[/QUOTE]
50% claimed, but what was the total volume moved?

[quote name='pjb16']50% claimed, but what was the total volume moved?[/QUOTE]

Who knows... but it's still a low percentage compared to their other lightning game deals this week.

Man, I can't help myself with some of these deals. I got the Tekken bundle, Midnight Club and the microfiber cleaners for myself ($78.xx + tax on myself lol). Got Jungle Book, Bioshock & The Will Smith movie for gifts.

Hey, does anyone know if at some point this week some more games will be on sale on Amazon? I remember from last year that there were hundreds of games with their prices slashed. Are they just not going to do it this year?

PS3. It was about a week or so ago.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Hey, does anyone know if at some point this week some more games will be on sale on Amazon? I remember from last year that there were hundreds of games with their prices slashed. Are they just not going to do it this year?[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']Hey, does anyone know if at some point this week some more games will be on sale on Amazon? I remember from last year that there were hundreds of games with their prices slashed. Are they just not going to do it this year?[/QUOTE]

I think tomorrow is a bunch of xbox 360 games.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Is this actually the Tekken BUNDLE or just the fight stick? I'm pretty sure it's JUST the fightstick.[/QUOTE]

Game + fightstick + art book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back