Amazon Black Friday...

Oisterboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been attending Black Friday in stores for years and years with my mom. This year, most of the deals are fairly underwhelming. I have a few things I wanna get (cheap-o TV @ Walmart, $30 PS+ from GS, Kindle @ Target) but I know everyone always talks about Amazons deals...

I use another site to get my BF ads, but they don't have anything specifically listed for Amazon. Have they just not released their info yet? Do I have to be at the PC at a certain time to get the deals? How quickly do things go out of stock?

Sorry to be a noob, I just do most of my online shopping on ebay (ebay bucks) and other sites. I always disliked Amazon for not taking paypal, but if they have some good deals I can...well, deal (sorry haha).

Thanks in advance for any helpful info! My mom is wondering too! :p 

Amazon doesn't have traditional BF deals since they don't have a retail store. What they end up doing is matching the more popular deals in an effort to sell Prime. They also usually have limited quantities too so 3AM EST on the day the sale starts is your best bet. I've seen it happen later in the day because they might have gotten price match requests.

Amazon usually price matches, so if there's something at another store, Amazon will most likely match it.  They also run their own deals though and those deals have been very good.  However, for the most part, prices and items are limited, so you need to pretty much check on Amazon all day to see what's for sale and when.  They way they do it as by having a timer counting down deals throughout hte day.  Sometimes you will know exactly what will be on sale, sometimes there's just a vague hint.  When the item goes on sale, its usually that price for a limited time, so you have to quickly click add to cart to get in line to buy it.  As a result, popular items are harder to get since there are so many people trying to buy at once.  Its a little hectic, but I have fun with it.  

edit: Start checking Amazon the week of Thanksgiving looking for a Black Friday banner on the main page which will lead you to sneak peaks at the deals they'll be running, including sales before Black Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon would never take payPal due to competition with eBay and it will always be that way. Amazon has a good price matching service though and they do have a good Buyer's Protection just like ebay; on Black Friday there should be pretty good online deals on Amazon!

sig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back