Amazon: Blu-Ray/DVD Thread

[quote name='Nintendokid54']sweet... hopefully this works out like the Video game one... looking forward to some posts...[/QUOTE]

It won't, they don't really put that many noteworthy Blu/DVD deals as they do video games.

Updated... btw this thread is a wiki thread so feel free to post on the top thread for a noteworthy deal...

Picked up Dexter season 1-4 on blu-ray for $123 earlier. Figured for ~30 a season on blu that was as good of a deal as I'd find right now

I was busy at work today, so I didn't get a chance to post this before they were both gone. They had 2 copies of Futurama Vol 6 on Blu Ray listed as Very Good - missing shrink wrap and possibly missing online download codes (lol) for $20.56.

I see that Amazon has the new listing as "under review" so hopefully they really are just missing the shrink wrap and not mangled to heck.

It finally looks like Blurays are starting to get in that "near DVD price" affordable price range.

I managed to snag up brand new multi-disk director's cut versions of Terminator Salvation and No Country For Old Men for $8.99 and $9.99 respectively on Amazon. Plus, for the No Country For Old Men Bluray I was gifted a free digital copy of the movie for my purchase.

Now, just watch 4K (a new resolution being developed that is nearly 4 times that of 1080p), take off, and we'll all be forced to buy the next new thing again...

And then wash, rinse, repeat :D

[quote name='preston181']Now, just watch 4K (a new resolution being developed that is nearly 4 times that of 1080p), take off, and we'll all be forced to buy the next new thing again...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='myka22']Monsoon Wedding Criterion Collection Blu-ray (Like New) - $9.13

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1325655509&sr=1-2&condition=used

I ordered this and got my copy today, it is brand new. Sealed and has the blue criterion sticker.[/QUOTE]

Same here. As far as I know that has been the case with everyone who has ordered monsoon wedding. On a slight tangent, my copy of 12 Angry Men came with a cracked case. The disc is in pristine condition so I might just keep it and get a replacement case.

[quote name='kill3r7']Same here. As far as I know that has been the case with everyone who has ordered monsoon wedding. On a slight tangent, my copy of 12 Angry Men came with a cracked case. The disc is in pristine condition so I might just keep it and get a replacement case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bumping this thread, just ordered Monsoon Wedding for $9.71 shipped. Hopefully mine arrives in the same brand-new condition :bouncy:

I have some advice for anyone that reads this thread; don't buy Futurama (or any other DVD/Blu in a paper digipak) from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The copy I ordered came not only with the large warehouse deals sticker applied firmly to the back of the weak paper box, it also came with a giant reseal sticker (like on new Gamestop games) that said "inspected by Amazon Warehouse." Even being extremely careful, I doubt you'd be able to get the case out cleanly.

What made that "inspected" sticker even more hilarious was the fact that disc 2 was clearly a defective disc. There was a large bald spot under the outer layer where the disc wasn't burned. I put it in just to check, and it wouldn't even load. It gave an invalid disc message.

Very Good my eye.

[quote name='waxHead']Thanks for bumping this thread, just ordered Monsoon Wedding for $9.71 shipped. Hopefully mine arrives in the same brand-new condition :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just received my Monsoon Wedding order a few minutes ago, it's brand-new with the original Criterion factory seal on top and sticker on the cellophane. It's definitely NOT the Amazon Warehouse reseal job that's done on the games I've ordered from them. Fantastic deal, thanks again!

shrike, I hope your order also arrives in the same condition :)

[quote name='waxHead']Just received my Monsoon Wedding order a few minutes ago, it's brand-new with the original Criterion factory seal on top and sticker on the cellophane. It's definitely NOT the Amazon Warehouse reseal job that's done on the games I've ordered from them. Fantastic deal, thanks again!

shrike, I hope your order also arrives in the same condition :)[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear everyone is satisfied with their purchases.

[quote name='waxHead']Just received my Monsoon Wedding order a few minutes ago, it's brand-new with the original Criterion factory seal on top and sticker on the cellophane. It's definitely NOT the Amazon Warehouse reseal job that's done on the games I've ordered from them. Fantastic deal, thanks again!

shrike, I hope your order also arrives in the same condition :)[/QUOTE]
Mine arrived yesterday in exactly the same condition, so it was also sealed.

Great deal on a Criterion for under $10 that was factory sealed, as well as one I hadn't seen a BN or Borders when I was shopping for Criterions.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine arrived yesterday in exactly the same condition, so it was also sealed.

Great deal on a Criterion for under $10 that was factory sealed, as well as one I hadn't seen a BN or Borders when I was shopping for Criterions.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear yours arrived in the same condition, saw your post immediately after I added mine last week. It's the best deal I've seen on a Criterion Blu-ray, though I haven't participated in any of the BN deals.

I snagged Transformers Trilogy Ultimate Edition Boxset for $80.99 in Like New condition. Can't resist!

Packaging may have minor damage. Item is in excellent condition.

bread's done
Back