Amazon Blu-Rays 9.99 & Under Comprehensive List

A bit off topic, but it annoys me that the new "The Thing" has the same title as the original even though it's a prequel. All it does is add confusion and make people think it's a remake.

[quote name='WingsDJY']A bit off topic, but it annoys me that the new "The Thing" has the same title as the original even though it's a prequel. All it does is add confusion and make people think it's a remake.[/QUOTE]

The more important question is, is this movie even any good? I've heard not so great things about the new one and would rather have the short and sweet version of events that the original has. Spaceship crashes into Earth, now they want to kill us.

^ I thought The Thing (2011) was excellent. The prequel is almost a hybrid of a prequel/remake since essentially the same exact situation happens to a slightly different group of people. The storyline is essentially the same, it just made everything a few degrees cooler by linking the two.

Funny enough, you can rent it today (5/2) from Amazon VoD for 99Cents :)

I liked it too. I also appreciated them taking the time to answer some of the questions left behind on earlier 1982 (not original) version. It was a fun movie with a few crumbles of "cheese" towards the end but not enough to dampen my tastes for it.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I liked it too. I also appreciated them taking the time to answer some of the questions left behind on earlier 1982 (not original) version. It was a fun movie with a few crumbles of "cheese" towards the end but not enough to dampen my tastes for it.

M[/QUOTE]

Never knew that the 1982 version was a remake. Is the original original any good?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Never knew that the 1982 version was a remake. Is the original original any good?[/QUOTE]

The 1951 version is cool and it was hosted about a year ago at my local indie theatre. It is not as serious as the 1982 version but of course that was a whole other time. There was at least one part where an audience member screamed out loud. She was so embarrassed afterwards too.

M

Adding to what others have said, the new The Thing was actually pretty good. While it doesn't really challenge the ever-awesome Carpenter movie, it is not the embarrassment many feared. Redboxed it but will add to shelf next to the 80s movie eventually.

[FONT=&quot]300[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A Christmas Story[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Army of Darkness (Screwhead Edition)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Awakenings (Deniro/Robin Williams)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Batman: The Movie (West/Ward)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Big (Hanks)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Big Trouble in Little China[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blazing Saddles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Children of Men[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cinderella Man[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Conan The Barbarian[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Conan The Destroyer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Contact (Foster)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Edward Scissorhands[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Enemy of the State[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Field of Dreams[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From Russia with Love[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ghost[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Good Will Hunting[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hook! (Williams)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kill Bill Vol. 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kill Bill Vol. 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Legends of the Fall[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Memento[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Michael Jackson This is It[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Miracle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No Country for Old Men[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Office Space[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Predator 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psycho 50th Anniversary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pulp Fiction[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday Night Fever[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scott Pilgrim vs The World[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sling Blade[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spartacus[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stardust[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The 5th Element (Remastered)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Blues Brothers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Crow Blu-Ray & Digital Copy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Last Starfighter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Long Kiss Goodnight[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Lost Boys[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Notebook[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Prestige[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Silence of the Lambs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Terminator[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Thing (Original)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tremors[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Troy Directors Cut[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Van Helsing[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Excel is a wonderful program.

M
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks for the thread OP!
random.gif

I am glad to see so many defenders of The Thing (2011). I thought it was well done and enjoyable. I also agree it is not as good as the Carpenter movie. The Thing (2011) was bashed by just about every reviewer out there.

bread's done
Back