Amazon BOGO on selected HD DVDs

GAH! I must stop spending money but how can I pass up the Potter movies for 10$ a piece, in high def?! Plus Spartacus and the Big Lebowski?! That's cinema history right there.

Thanks OP.

yea hot fuzz is a a+ quality disc.. id get it if i didnt already have it.

its also nice to see knocked up and even almighty at the 19.99 price

yea hot fuzz is a a+ quality disc.. id get it if i didnt already have it.

its also nice to see knocked up and even almighty at the 19.99 price

I fo Serenity and Dante's Peak (One of my Wife's favorites, can throw out the VHS now). Thanks OP.

I hated Hott Fuzz. It was bad, didnt care for Shaun of the Dead much either (I dont think thats on this list for sale, just saying). They remind me of the old Airplane, or Hot Shots movies.

The harry Potter Movies are tempting though just for the kids. Number 3 is missing though, did it sell out, or am I overlooking it?

Nice to see some different movies then the last bogo. But I'm holding out for Blade Runner. I'm still recovering from all the xmas stuff I baught this year.

I noticed the dvdsave5 code is being enabled automatically (no need to enter it in), and applies before discount. I got Hot Fuzz and Fearless for $23 shipped, and the 4 Harry Potters for $35 shipped. I'm actually starting to accumulate quite a few HD DVDs.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I noticed the dvdsave5 code is being enabled automatically (no need to enter it in), and applies before discount. I got Hot Fuzz and Fearless for $23 shipped, and the 4 Harry Potters for $35 shipped. I'm actually starting to accumulate quite a few HD DVDs.

MjC[/quote]

What all does this code work on, and how much does it knock off?

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']What all does this code work on, and how much does it knock off?[/quote]
pretty sure its 5 off 50 for movies with 5 being taken off the prebogo discount - so hot fuzz X 2 would be $23.

Oh yea, and i think you need to use the amazon visa...

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']What all does this code work on, and how much does it knock off?[/QUOTE]

It's $5 off $50 or more on DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

MjC

I am sitting this one out for a day to figure out if I want to go through with it... I know I will kick myself later but what can you do?

I have Amazon VISA, I tried to apply the DVDSAVE5 but it won't take it.
I ordered HP1 and HP2, both total like this:

Items: $39.90
Shipping: $3.97
SuperSaver Discount: -$3.97
Promotion Applied: -$19.95

Total: $19.95

The error message is:
"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

Any one knows why?

[quote name='cagfansub']I have Amazon VISA, I tried to apply the DVDSAVE5 but it won't take it.

The error message is:
"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

Any one knows why?[/QUOTE]

It's got to be $50 or more first.

MjC

[quote name='cagfansub']I have Amazon VISA, I tried to apply the DVDSAVE5 but it won't take it.

The error message is:

Any one knows why?[/quote]The order isn't $50 or more, prediscount.

I had all four in the car and still couldnt use the coupon.

that was $80 pre discount.. I was thinking it needs to be $50 or more after discount

The error message is:

Any one knows why?[/quote]

Your total before BOGO must be >$50 and you must use an Amazon Visa to pay with.

As a reminder, check your Goldbox offerings. I did and got an additional $1 off Harry Potter-Chamber of Secrets for a net price of $7.73. :)

[quote name='Snake2715']I had all four in the car and still couldnt use the coupon.

that was $80 pre discount.. I was thinking it needs to be $50 or more after discount[/quote]That would also make sense.

[quote name='TexadDVDer']Your total before BOGO must be >$50 and you must use an Amazon Visa to pay with.

As a reminder, check your Goldbox offerings. I did and got an additional $1 off Harry Potter-Chamber of Secrets for a net price of $7.73. :)[/quote]

I do have Amazon Visa. I'll try again with more DVDs so that it is over $50 to see if that code will work.

Sorry.. but what's goldbox offerings?

[quote name='cagfansub']I do have Amazon Visa. I'll try again with more DVDs so that it is over $50 to see if that code will work.

Sorry.. but what's goldbox offerings?[/quote]

Near the top middle of the Amazon screen you should see a gold colored box and the words "Today's Deals." Click on that and you should see, after scrolling, some offers good for you for one hour. Selecting one of them makes the others go away and all offers cease an hour after first view. This is in addition to the offers near the top of the Gold box screen.

I want Knocked Up but I'm having a hard time picking a second, I already own most of the good ones...hmmm

And here I thought that I was finished buying HD-DVDs for the season. . . bought the Harry Potters, Serenity and Traffic. Less than 60 bucks. Woohoo!

Now I got my damn PS3, I need some of those blu-ray deals to come back. Anyone know a good deal on the spider-man trilogy? Or just spider-man 3 will suffice . . .

You know. sometimes it is better to wait for the movies to be HD worthy before buying it.

It would be nice if they have King Kong on this deal. ;)

I always love BOGO, but the only movie there I'd be interested in is Serenity, so I'll keep waiting to get that on HD-DVD, eventually it'll be found for 10 dollars.

Hmm, want the Potters ($10 a disc is incredible!), but, seeing as how each year a new potter is released, a new set is too, I've been trying to wait it out until the end.

But, for that box to put them in, I'm sure I'll pay a much higher price. I doubt I'll be seeing potter this attractively priced again soon... I better bite.

Crap....thought I was done spending money after BB had the BOGO on HD DVDs the other week. In for Hot Fuzz and Children of Men (heard the visuals are stunning). My wallet....has taken a beating.....

Nice. Had Harry Potter 3 & 4 on order, cancelled that, got those two along with Hot Fuzz and Children of Men. After my 10% discount it came out to under 47 bucks for 4 movies. Or 0 bucks since I had a $50 gift card.

Thanks OP.

Nice. I just wormed my way in to 4 free movies with a 50 dollar gift card...and had about 12 bucks left over on the gift card!

-Harry Potter 3 & 4-

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.90
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Promotional Certificate: -$3.99
Super Saver Discount: -$3.97
-----
Total Before Tax: $15.96

-Children of Men & Hot Fuzz-

Item(s) Subtotal: $55.90
Promotional Certificate: -$5.59
Promotion Applied: -$27.95
-----
Total Before Tax: $22.36

Grand total - $38.32
$11.68 left on gift card

This has been a ridiculously packed week for me as far as HD DVD. Thanks OP!

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Hmm, want the Potters ($10 a disc is incredible!), but, seeing as how each year a new potter is released, a new set is too, I've been trying to wait it out until the end.[/QUOTE]

At first I was too, but honestly I don't know if HD DVD will last to see all of the Potter films released on the format. I'd just jump on it now.

Nice. I just wormed my way in to 4 free movies with a 50 dollar gift card...and had about 12 bucks left over on the gift card! Sure glad I didn't activate my 10% discount until the very end of last year. :lol:

-Harry Potter 3 & 4-

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.90
Promotional Certificate: -$3.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $15.96

-Children of Men & Hot Fuzz-

Item(s) Subtotal: $55.90
Promotional Certificate: -$5.59
Promotion Applied: -$27.95
-----
Total Before Tax: $22.36

Grand total: $38.32
$11.68 left on gift card

This has been a ridiculously packed week for me as far as HD DVD. Thanks OP!

[quote name='KaneRobot']At first I was too, but honestly I don't know if HD DVD will last to see all of the Potter films released on the format. I'd just jump on it now.[/quote]Thems fightin' words ;)

I went for them. Reviews at Highdefdigest said they were recommended, and for the price I just couldn't resist.

bread's done
Back