Amazon: Borderlands GOTY PS3 $19.99

It's been sitting at this price for about a week now, I've been hesitant to buy it as I own the original, and keep thinking "Should I get a game I already have + DLC or just spend that money on a different game entirely?..."

BTW, the 360 version was $19.99 when I checked the other day, hopefully they'll drop to $20 and just stay there.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']It's been sitting at this price for about a week now, I've been hesitant to buy it as I own the original, and keep thinking "Should I get a game I already have + DLC or just spend that money on a different game entirely?..."

BTW, the 360 version was $19.99 when I checked the other day, hopefully they'll drop to $20 and just stay there.[/QUOTE]

You should just get the GOTY version. You probably could sell your other copy for $10 or so. I think the DLC alone is more than $20.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']Can someone confirm whether if the DLC is on the disk or a voucher? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Disk

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']Can someone confirm whether if the DLC is on the disk or a voucher? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Earlier versions were a voucher, but as KtMack said, they're on disc now.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You should just get the GOTY version. You probably could sell your other copy for $10 or so. I think the DLC alone is more than $20.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I did this last spring when Gamestop put it on sale for $20, even after spending nearly 100 hours playing through the main game twice back in 2009-2010, and easily got another 40 hours of gameplay out of the DLC.

You might want to just avoid playing Underdome, though, which gets kind of tedious and offers virtually nothing in the way of rewards(a few trophies and an extra skill point). If you do choose to play it, make sure you get a friend or two to join you, and put aside some time(the "large" tournaments literally take 2-3 hours apiece, and have to be done in one sitting, with no breaks in between). And try not to break anything the first(or second, or third) time you spend 2 1/2 hours playing a tournament, die on round 18 out of 20, then get sent back to the beginning with nothing to show for it.

BTW, got the opportunity to play Borderlands 2 on Friday at PAX East, and it's shaping up to be awesome. Almost identical to the first in most ways, but i don't consider that a bad thing in the least.

[quote name='happydogs']Seconded. I did this last spring when Gamestop put it on sale for $20, even after spending nearly 100 hours playing through the main game twice back in 2009-2010, and easily got another 40 hours of gameplay out of the DLC.

You might want to just avoid playing Underdome, though, which gets kind of tedious and offers virtually nothing in the way of rewards(a few trophies and an extra skill point). If you do choose to play it, make sure you get a friend or two to join you, and put aside some time(the "large" tournaments literally take 2-3 hours apiece, and have to be done in one sitting, with no breaks in between). And try not to break anything the first(or second, or third) time you spend 2 1/2 hours playing a tournament, die on round 18 out of 20, then get sent back to the beginning with nothing to show for it.

BTW, got the opportunity to play Borderlands 2 on Friday at PAX East, and it's shaping up to be awesome. Almost identical to the first in most ways, but i don't consider that a bad thing in the least.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad thing at all. My one friend got all of the achievements for the game. Kudos to him. There's no way I could get through those tournaments. Even in a four player co-op match.

The sequel looks good so far. I'll wait for the GOTY Edition because the added content extends the longevity of that game.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You should just get the GOTY version. You probably could sell your other copy for $10 or so. I think the DLC alone is more than $20.[/QUOTE]

I'd pay $30 alone for just the General Knoxx DLC. Greatest DLC ever imo.

[quote name='happydogs']Seconded. I did this last spring when Gamestop put it on sale for $20, even after spending nearly 100 hours playing through the main game twice back in 2009-2010, and easily got another 40 hours of gameplay out of the DLC.

BTW, got the opportunity to play Borderlands 2 on Friday at PAX East, and it's shaping up to be awesome. Almost identical to the first in most ways, but i don't consider that a bad thing in the least.[/QUOTE]

I think it took me a good 5 hours to beat one of the 20-round ones. And that wasn't even the first try. Yeah, I did it solo, probably a mistake. Wouldn't have been that much of a bitch had it not been for the handicaps. I think I got one that stripped my shield AND slowly drained my health unless I killed someone. Hated that so much, lol.

[quote name='happydogs']Almost identical to the first in most ways, but i don't consider that a bad thing in the least.[/QUOTE]As great as the first game was, the addition of an onscreen map alone will make the sequel that much better. My sense of direction is terrible. ;)

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'd pay $30 alone for just the General Knoxx DLC. Greatest DLC ever imo.[/QUOTE]

They knew how to do DLC. They really set a standard for what DLC should be done. I finished that pack multiple times.

Don't bother getting this if you have one of the original 60gb PS3's. The last patch they released for it made it unplayable. It freezes constantly. I should know because I can't play it for than two minutes without a freeze. It's sad because I put over three DAYS of time into the 360 version and DLC and wanted to play through again on PS3.

Just something to keep in mind.

bread's done
Back