Amazon - Breaking Bad: The Complete Series $201.96

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
[SIZE=12.727272033691406px]I haven't seen this available since a few days after release at any retailer or website. Might be the last chance to get it for a decent price considering what people are buying it for on Ebay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.727272033691406px][URL="http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-Complete-UltraViolet-Digital/dp/B00EEDNA4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387593161&sr=8-1&keywords=breaking+bad+the+complete+series"]http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-Complete-UltraViolet-Digital/dp/B00EEDNA4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387593161&sr=8-1&keywords=breaking+bad+the+complete+series]Breaking Bad: The Complete Series[/url] $201.96

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like it's semi-OOP. Wouldn't be surprised if it actually did OOP for a while. It is arguably the best TV show of the past 10 years.

This looks like it's semi-OOP. Wouldn't be surprised if it actually did OOP for a while. It is arguably the best TV show of the past 10 years.
I don't see it being in higher demand then it currently is right now and I think the resale value will only drop. There will of course being a half dozen other complete editions that will hit the market at some point or another and that will dilute the value as well.

BB was a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed it but something else will come along at some point that will at least take a bit of the buzz away. Also with all the episodes except the final being on Netflix the only real market for this is hardcore collectors.

There are six sets, each set can be found often for $10, besides the last which is $20-$30.  So what is the last $120?  I could buy the whole series 3-4 times for $200.

I did a BF pricing on the BB seasons. Overall, it would have run $130-140 for everything on Blu-Ray. For the price difference, the barrel, the commemorative 'thank you' note from Vince Gilligan, and then all the discs come conveniently stocked in petri dishes emblazoned with a significant item's image from the season.

This thing will be sub $100 in a year or two.

As others have mentioned, the individual blus can be found for 10-13 every now and then. Wouldn't be suprised if they rereleased a complete 5th season.

Not worth the extra $150 imo.

As others have mentioned, the individual blus can be found for 10-13 every now and then. Wouldn't be suprised if they rereleased a complete 5th season.

Technically, Season 5 was 8 episodes. Usually, a season order for BB (first season aside) was 13 episodes. Season 5 was intended to be the final season, but there were some 'tense negotiations' going into effect with AMC at the time (Mad Men also fell into getting its last season split up into two parts). So, the idea was to do the first eight episodes, take a production break and follow up. In this case, Season 5 would have been 16 episodes if aired as a whole. But I think what happened was a usual order of 13 episodes would not have been enough to see the show properly closed. That's why I think we got eight episodes, and then another eight. But if you ask me what I prefer, I am glad that BB got split up. There is no telling how different it would have flowed had we gotten 13 episodes during a single year than 8 episodes during two years.

I did a BF pricing on the BB seasons. Overall, it would have run $130-140 for everything on Blu-Ray. For the price difference, the barrel, the commemorative 'thank you' note from Vince Gilligan, and then all the discs come conveniently stocked in petri dishes emblazoned with a significant item's image from the season.
Well you did an awful job pricing them out I guess.

$11.99 for each for the first 5 season on blu-ray. That's $60 bucks not including the final episodes.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6472266-price-update-amazon-breaking-bad-season-1-2-3-4-5-are-now-11-99-each-season-five-blu-ray-ultraviolet-digital-copy-prime-shipping

Deal was at Best Buy and then Amazon matched. The season have been around that price on blu-ray ($10-$15) multiple times.

No reason to pay anymore then $100 for all season 1-5 parts 1 & 2

I mean seriously. There isn't a single show that holds it value once it is put on Netflix in its entirety.

Well you did an awful job pricing them out I guess.

$11.99 for each for the first 5 season on blu-ray. That's $60 bucks not including the final episodes.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6472266-price-update-amazon-breaking-bad-season-1-2-3-4-5-are-now-11-99-each-season-five-blu-ray-ultraviolet-digital-copy-prime-shipping

Deal was at Best Buy and then Amazon matched. The season have been around that price on blu-ray ($10-$15) multiple times.

No reason to pay anymore then $100 for all season 1-5 parts 1 & 2

I mean seriously. There isn't a single show that holds it value once it is put on Netflix in its entirety.
I re-checked my Black Friday list on my PC. Somehow, I turned up $15-20 apiece pricing for the first five seasons and $35-40 for the final season (since it released so close to Black Firday). There's where I got my total pricing from originally. Still, >$100 is worth the whole set. Dexter, on the other hand...I had considered owning at one point but now I made a sure judgment.

Digital media by default isn't worth "anything." All you're buying is packaging.

Yes...because everyone remember that once something it put on Netflix that it has to be on there forever.

Obviously this was posted for a collector's benefit, not entirely as a deal, so I don't understand everyone getting their panties in a wad about it "not being with it."

Yes...because everyone remember that once something it put on Netflix that it has to be on there forever.

Obviously this was posted for a collector's benefit, not entirely as a deal, so I don't understand everyone getting their panties in a wad about it "not being with it."
Never said it wasn't worth it. I just said you can buy all the season for significantly less then $100

There are a lot of complete series collections that never get reprinted, and new copies go "way" above MSRP. Case in point, Lost. As some of you mentioned, only collectors will be interested, so the reprint demand will be low as well.

On the flip side, why do you need anything to be around "forever?" Most of you with your carcinogen intake will be around for what, 20-30 year tops?

Seriously though the blu-ray seasons, outside of the last episodes have been $10-$15 each a few times at Best Buy. If think for one or two sales they were cheaper then the DVD's
Amazon has had past seasons for around that price as well. Know I got the first 4 from them

You know what's a real cool story? Financial freedom, so that anything you may ever want you never have to wait for deals or special occasions. 99.99% of people waste entire their lives away trying to maximize what little resources they have instead of finding ways to increase those resources.

You know what's a real cool story? Financial freedom, so that anything you may ever want you never have to wait for deals or special occasions. 99.99% of people waste entire their lives away trying to maximize what little resources they have instead of finding ways to increase those resources.
this is indeed a valid point and is partly why i didnt keep the preorder of this.

so while this is true this point is lost on thist website.

this is indeed a valid point and is partly why i didnt keep the preorder of this.

so while this is true this point is lost on thist website.
Because most people on this website are smart enough to realize you can get deals and increase your income blah blah blah. It's not an either/or.

I just unpacked my 'complete set'. Now I get to watch Bryan Cranston's intensity unfold on my TV. It looks incredible, for one. I watched the show on TV and the signal wasn't the sharpest cause it wasn't "HD" HD when I saw it through FiOS. But the quality on this picture's incredible.

-Edit: Got the individual seasons on Blu, not the Complete Set as is being noted here, but its the exact same quality and seems to have identical bonuses-

Because most people on this website are smart enough to realize you can get deals and increase your income blah blah blah. It's not an either/or.
while this is indeed true i highly doubt most people are doing both that are on this site. most people here seem to spend the majority of their income other than bills on deals and I really wouldnt be shocked to find a lot of CAG knee deep in debt either.

deal shopping can be addictive and I wouldnt be surprised to find out its ruined the finances of many CAGs.

you can preach on about how you arent like that but Im betting money the majority are like this. the world hasnt hit a financial cliff by the majority being good with their money.

EDIT: the original post that started this is indeed correct it would be wiser to invest more so later you have money and dont have to care as much about deals.

I just unpacked my 'complete set'. Now I get to watch Bryan Cranston's intensity unfold on my TV. It looks incredible, for one. I watched the show on TV and the signal wasn't the sharpest cause it wasn't "HD" HD when I saw it through FiOS. But the quality on this picture's incredible.

-Edit: Got the individual seasons on Blu, not the Complete Set as is being noted here, but its the exact same quality and seems to have identical bonuses-
It is basically the same stuff but you are missing the coin, the barrel, the apron and the 2 hour documentary or however long it is

bread's done
Back