Amazon Buy 1 Get 1 Free

I ended up getting Astria Ascending (Switch) and Like a Dragon Ishin (PS5) for $37 total. Both were on my wishlist but I had planned to wait for a deep discount. There were a lot of other intriguing games like Trinity Trigger (PS4) and Atelier Ryza 3 (PS5) but I don't want them on those platforms. Trinity Trigger is much better suited as a Switch game or SteamDeck game from what I understand. Atelier Ryza 3 gets a lot of hype but I haven't played any of the previous games in the series so I felt it would be better to let someone else get it.  

Sale says 500 items qualify, but only 175 come up. Does this sale include non videogame items or am I missing something?

I got Valkyrie Elysium and Diofield Chronicle for PS4 for about $15 bucks each, not bad. I usually don’t buy physical games but my personal maximum digital price ceiling is $15 so I figured who not since I could eventually sell them on ebay when I finish them. Thanks for sharing this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Valkyrie Elysium and Diofield Chronicle for PS4 for about $15 bucks each, not bad. I usually don’t buy physical games but my personal maximum digital price ceiling is $15 so I figured who not since I could eventually sell them on ebay when I finish them. Thanks for sharing this deal.
Yup with free ps5 upgrade why not

may I ask why you don’t buy physical? I’m quite the opposite. I’d rather not play a game than buy and support digital.

Everybody has their reasons, and there are pros and cons with each format. Physical copy is yours no matter what and can be shared, but if anything at all happens to it then you're screwed. Digital saves space and can potentially be played on other compatible platforms, but once the server goes down you're screwed.

We really don't need anymore digital vs physical talk here. That shit has been beat to death. Buy which one you prefer and move on it is of no interest to anyone here what your preferences are.

Looked through the list of games... all I see that I would want to own is Miitopia (as a good casual experience between serious games as the demo was casual fun).

I'm done with just buying random games because of a good deal.  I don't need to create more physical stuff that I need to sell or get rid of.

Thanks OP. Got Quarry and Valkyrie. Might be matching GS but def a better deal at Amazon (eg. Quarry base $40 at GS and $25 at Amazon)

Bought a large batch of my "wait for Black Friday" games off this. Pathfinder, Labyrinth of Galleria, Diofield, and Trinity Trigger for about $23 each after tax, not bad at all. Thanks OP.

may I ask why you don’t buy physical? I’m quite the opposite. I’d rather not play a game than buy and support digital.
A couple reasons… The convenience factor is definitely a big part of it. I’m pushing 40 and don’t want a bunch of game cases around the house. I am not a collector and never replay a game I beat, unless it’s something like Mario Kart that has an endless amount of multiplayer replay value. Most great games constantly get released or remastered so why keep old copies around. I have an snes classic filled with roms of any games I’d want to revisit for nostalgia purposes. I also feel like the doom & gloom predictions about how digital is going to raise prices all around has been proven to be completely wrong. Digital games go on sale for dirt cheap every week and stuff like PS+, Gamepass and Humble Choice practically devalue games these days. And ultimately a lot of games I play are indies that sometimes never even get physical releases.

I still rent physical games through gamefly. The 2-game plan comes out to about $15 a month for 14 months when they run the yearly father’s day promotion, which is a hell of a deal. And very rarely I will buy games through them because of the stackable $5 coupons and 25% off they constantly give you. I just got AEW Fight Forever from them for $15, which is about all it’s worth lol but it’s an alright wrestling game.

A couple reasons… The convenience factor is definitely a big part of it. I’m pushing 40 and don’t want a bunch of game cases around the house. I am not a collector and never replay a game I beat, unless it’s something like Mario Kart that has an endless amount of multiplayer replay value. Most great games constantly get released or remastered so why keep old copies around. I have an snes classic filled with roms of any games I’d want to revisit for nostalgia purposes. I also feel like the doom & gloom predictions about how digital is going to raise prices all around has been proven to be completely wrong. Digital games go on sale for dirt cheap every week and stuff like PS+, Gamepass and Humble Choice practically devalue games these days. And ultimately a lot of games I play are indies that sometimes never even get physical releases.

I still rent physical games through gamefly. The 2-game plan comes out to about $15 a month for 14 months when they run the yearly father’s day promotion, which is a hell of a deal. And very rarely I will buy games through them because of the stackable $5 coupons and 25% off they constantly give you. I just got AEW Fight Forever from them for $15, which is about all it’s worth lol but it’s an alright wrestling game.
Nintendo titles especially first party do not go on sale very often if at all digitally.

Digital titles in general its hit or miss on other platforms. The ones that do go on sale tend to be nicher titles that didn't release at 60$ or higher msrp to begin with. There are rare exceptions like horizon and dad of war that both went sub 5 bucks that are big ips but it is not common.

I'll purchase whichever one is cheaper as I don't really care too much as they both have their trade offs.

But I do think it's naive to believe that they would continue to have many sales once physical copies are supposedly done. Competition is better for the consumer. They have little reason to discount digital titles as they don't have production costs, retail shelf space costs shipping and all the other things tied to physical copies.

Nintendo titles especially first party do not go on sale very often if at all digitally.

Digital titles in general its hit or miss on other platforms. The ones that do go on sale tend to be nicher titles that didn't release at 60$ or higher msrp to begin with. There are rare exceptions like horizon and dad of war that both went sub 5 bucks that are big ips but it is not common.

I'll purchase whichever one is cheaper as I don't really care too much as they both have their trade offs.

But I do think it's naive to believe that they would continue to have many sales once physical copies are supposedly done. Competition is better for the consumer. They have little reason to discount digital titles as they don't have production costs, retail shelf space costs shipping and all the other things tied to physical copies.
Fair points, but that last bit… man I’ve been hearing that for 20 years and it still hasn’t happened. Maybe it will someday, but just look at PC gaming which is practically completely digital these days and the prices and discounts are better than on consoles. And with three big console competitors currently they will always have some incentive to compete on price, whether it’s with the game prices or subscription services.

There will always be the normies who will pay $50 for a straight port of something like Red Dead Redemption on PS5, or the rich weirdos who will pay over $100 for digital “special editions” of this year’s Very Important Cinematic Action-Adventure Game, but there will also always be cheapasses who will only buy games that are a good deal or they will simply not buy games at all. Either they price the digital games right or they don’t get our money. They know this, it’s simple. Gaming is not everyone’s sole hobby- that’s competition for the game industry too.

But regardless I still want physical games to stay around because I would miss Gamefly a ton if everything turns digital.

Nintendo published games do go on sale digitally, just pick a game and look at dekudeals and restrict the info to digital. Plus there's discounted eshop credit and of course the nintendo voucher program. Plenty of ways to never have to pay full price for a digital game that nintendo publishes. As for discounting digital going away if/when physical games go away on consoles that wont happen because publishers have for generations (well before digital existed) taken advantage of the different types of buyers and staged sales and price reductions to milk them all. Digital actually makes this an even bigger deal due to the need to stay on the charts of popularly purchased games and the volume of published games being high so everyone is pushing for eyes/attention.

And this is from someone that mainly buys physical. But I'm also getting old and realizing more and more how I don't want a huge collection of physical stuff. I'd rather have a very small but highly curated collection of stuff I want to replay... which it's pretty rare I replay any games.

I said they don't go on sale very often if at all especially first party. The stuff that typically does go on sale is niche digital only things that didn't release at 60$ or higher anyway.

The voucher system is interesting but that is tied to what games it works for and has a time limit on usage as well as requiring 2 games to get the discount.

Yes you can occasionally get eshop discounted making your own sales. I do this myself every so often. This is the way.

No one will ever include RE village gold current gen in promotions huh
Worth mentioning that Gold Edition doesn't include the DLC on disc anyway, it's a voucher code.

So you may as well just buy a cheap copy of the vanilla edition and then grab the DLC when it's on sale.

Also grabbed Octopath 2 and Thearhythm.

Have most of the others I'd want. Great price on Warioware after b1g1 if anyone doesn't have that yet

After the PS4/Switch, I'm leaning more digital only. More so if Switch 2 isn't backwards compatible.

And having some of those Chinese emulation handhelds keeps me from even thinking of getting older stuffs.

Just buy what you like, in moderation, and realize the whole system is setup to make you want to buy more, now, faster.

One reason I still like used games the most.

I can’t see myself going digital except for Steam.  My kids and I each have our own Switch.  At best I can have 2 of us using a digital game at the same time.  Swapping out carts is much easier.  And based on their ages, they’ll be at home at least 10 years.  Of course if housing costs stay as high as they are, that could be a hell of a lot longer.  

I can’t see myself going digital except for Steam. My kids and I each have our own Switch. At best I can have 2 of us using a digital game at the same time. Swapping out carts is much easier. And based on their ages, they’ll be at home at least 10 years. Of course if housing costs stay as high as they are, that could be a hell of a lot longer.
For non-PC digital, I tend to only pick up things that don't seem to show up on every platform.
For example, for a while Radiant Silvergun was available digitally for the Xbox.

It's an interesting time to buy games, because unless you want it during the first couple of month hype window, almost everything seems to go on sale or get bundled eventually. It's so rare that I buy new games that I've forgotten many of them have crept up to $70 new.

For non-PC digital, I tend to only pick up things that don't seem to show up on every platform.
For example, for a while Radiant Silvergun was available digitally for the Xbox.

It's an interesting time to buy games, because unless you want it during the first couple of month hype window, almost everything seems to go on sale or get bundled eventually. It's so rare that I buy new games that I've forgotten many of them have crept up to $70 new.
it is somewhat about the money, though I usually don’t buy any game within the first six months as I firmly believe every single game is broken. It’s countless how many times patches and updates not only fix bugs yet greatly improve the qualify of almost all games nowadays. I just don’t trust any game near release anymore.

Example: I have starfield premium preordered on steam from an amd promo. I won’t even touch the game and have zero hype interest because I believe I’ll suffer and have a poor experience if I play it unpatched.

I was deciding on Atelier Ryza 3 and another game but knowing my backlog, I'll never get to starting it anytime soon.

I'm still walking through The Yakuza Remastered collection, as well as previous Atelier games on PS4

Is there any way to get all of the available titles in this sale to show up?  I understand some games are out of stock and/or Amazon's bots don't feel like matching every title from Gamestop's Buy 1 Get 1 free sale.

Is there any way to get all of the available titles in this sale to show up? I understand some games are out of stock and/or Amazon's bots don't feel like matching every title from Gamestop's Buy 1 Get 1 free sale.
No. I cannot believe the only two sort options are Featured and Avg Customer Review.

Right around a month long is a solid run, especially for a Buy 1, Get 1 sale. 
I'd expect if you didn't buy it in that time frame, you probably really didn't want it. 

bread's done
Back